Gencon Tyrant List: The Sandeep

DrayZed

Here's the fixed list I used to get into the Gencon Tyrants!
Sandeep Desai + 6/7 Pool

- Unaligned Sage (1)

- To Command Another Plane (1)

- Arcane Reservoir (2)

The Valedictorian (10)

- Warding Runes (1)

The Firestarter (7)

- Warding Runes (1)

Oxfordian Mage (5)

- Temporary Shielding (0)

-Doom Ward (0)

Oxfordian Mage (5)

- Temporary Shielding (0)
- Blood Ward (0)

Oxfordian Mage (5)

-Temporary Shielding (0)

- Nemesis Ward (0)

Sanctioned Spellcaster (5)

Sanctioned Spellcaster (5) / Mannequin (4)

All Credit to Derrek Chu for coming up with the fixed list.

Important interactions:

Firestarter resolves reckless, then resolves regeneration +1. You control how start of activation things work for your own models generally.

Sandeep is actually vulnerable to lures. Two sanctioned spellcasters make your entire crew essentially unmovable and forces your opponent to keep in mid that you'll have potentially 8-9 out of activation AP to use on them if it comes to that.

• Like 3

Key moments in the quals:

G1: Asami v. Sandeep (Turf War)
I took set up on yasunori and dig their graves. Took the mannequin in, and the sanctioned out. With no ranged attacks, the Sanctioned safely stopped any hair shenanigans.
6-4?
G2: Lynch 10T V. Sandeep. (Headhunter)
A pretty tough match, considering I took what people consider to be the worst (Hidden trap) and FFM on the Valedictorian. The Firestarter showed her worth by getting that last point.
5-4 Victory for me, could have been 5-3 if I wasn't afraid of hidden trap
G3: Lynch NB V. Sandeep (Interference) 
No Marker-Schemes this game, so Sanctioned spellcaster back in. OP was playing with the new Lynch upgrade. Cheating second got annoying but was manageable. Op spent the time to drop a brilliance marker on my Sanctioned Spellcasters. If i hadn't set up the way I did (Double You can't lure me) His Beckoner and Lelitu would have made Sandeep a pile of paste thanks to the Illuminated. I was playing a Friend, and we called the game early due to my overwhelming lead.
10-1
Masters: 
G1 Sandeep v. Titania
FFM on a Sanctioned spellcaster as Nekima was in the game, and AQM on Nekima as well.
Some large blunders because of my overwhelming lead. IE: let the firestarter get marked for death (No LOS to Blood ward by my own actions) and not removing accusation on the valedictorian (10 of masks, didn't teleport out) but overall a great game and I was glad we decided on not forcing the double elim.
8-8 becomes 9-8 on coin flip.

Overall:
Sandeep is incredibly powerful but vulnerable to high Min damage and lures. If your crew loses him, expect to lose huge amount of versatility. (But hey, we already knew that right)? Of note is that I didn't take Mei, my second list to counter either Ressers or Guild.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrayZed said:

Firestarter resolves reckless, then resolves regeneration +1. You control how start of activation things work for your own models generally.

It may be common to have him out of range for regeneration, isnt it? How did you use him? Which schemes did he focus on?

4 hours ago, Franchute said:

It may be common to have him out of range for regeneration, isnt it? How did you use him? Which schemes did he focus on?

Generally the Firestarter acted as an AP battery for the Sanctioned Spellcasters, hitting models with the dreaded "You can't declare 0's or charges" when she needed to go far though, she scored hidden trap for me.

• Thanks 1