Post GenCon Update

Lucidicide

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2017/8/23/post-gencon-update

Hello Wyrdos!

GenCon has come and gone, and the warehouse is working overtime to get everyone's orders out. We'd like to thank everyone who ordered, as well as everyone who came up to GenCon and chatted with us/took pictures/played games. It's always great to meet new people and introduce new people to the world of Malifaux.

A special congratulations to Derrek Chu, the winner of the Tyrant of Malifaux tournament at GenCon! There were some exciting and tense games, but in the end his Ten Thunders, led by Mei Feng, pulled off the victory.

Last, but not least: if you ordered online during GenCon but missed the chance to vote, you can still get it in on this website. Votes must be in by the end of August to be counted.

Thank you again everyone, and have a great week!

• Like 5

Mei was my first love when I started Malifaux, and while I have everything else on that list painted, I need to get my Obsidian Oni painted as well. I've tried the builds with her and Shadowy+Toshiro, but haven't tried Porkchop yet.

Went ahead and voted. In true 10T fashion, I won't reveal who I ended up voting for ;)

I don't know if the warehouse folk are doing a top notch job this year or if the move from BC to Ontario helped, but I got my package super quick this year, good job all!

Also, not sure where else to put this, but whoever decided on the aesthetics of the Medical Automaton deserves a raise.  I need ten of them please.

9 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Oooh!! That's tomorrow (by my time anyway... ). Go Lady J!

I wonder when we find out who won...

Might take a little extra time depending on whether they have both possibilities written up already, or if they planned to have their writer go at it out once the results are in. Personally I'm curious if the vote margin will have any impact as well.

13 minutes ago, Durza said:

Also what happens if it's a draw? :P

We don't actually know what happens if either of them win, so its hard to say what happens if its a draw. 

Maybe they offer 1 upgrade deck for sale (possibly hand draw by Aaron) and the purchaser has to make the final call. (I doubt this is an option, but if its what happens, I'm ready with the cash....:P)

7 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

If it's a draw, I hope it turns out Lady J failed to kill him but went all Holy Grail on him. MicMourning stitching Nico's head onto a flesh construct while Nico continues to insist he won't be stopped.

That's fair. Last time they met she was the one who had to have some fail-safes installed.

Whoever loses is going to be very red faced in front of their peers. 

Looking at the old Nightmare version of Lady Justice I can see her as a Dullahan, hoping her head doesn't accidentally fall off in the heat of combat when on a mission with her Death Marshells... and poor old Nicodem closing the curtains as the other Resurrectionist point at laugh at the Necromancer as undead as his thralls.

Red cheeks await the loser... and the dreaded fate of being the butt of jokes around the workplace.