What are these models previewed at Gencon?

Math Mathonwy

The strange unknown models at the end on TOS bases (the Genie and frog-thing) are probably for the Three Kingdoms and Kimon Oni TOS Allegiances announced during Gencon.

The other ones look like Golems.  Wyrd may be doing a cycle of Golems for the other factions for the next book.

1 hour ago, CaladanCid said:

The Henchmen at Gencon told me those are from the upcoming new factions for The Other Side. 

No-o-o-o ! Stop already I say !...I'm still adding stuff while backerkit remains open...and now there's upcoming factions ?!?! 😱....but who ? what are these factions ?...I fear my paint table may collapse under the weight of The Other Side when it arrives

9 hours ago, DocSchlock said:

The strange unknown models at the end on TOS bases (the Genie and frog-thing) are probably for the Three Kingdoms and Kimon Oni TOS Allegiances announced during Gencon.

I would like to know more.

Seriously why has this not been more talked about?

• Like 2

I think "announced" was Wyrd staff talking about it in one-on-ones. With Book 5 stuff being the big thing, perhaps they wanted to soft-pedal the news. From now until TOS release seems a good time frame to push it widely, though. "Hey! We're releasing our new game! And we got more content planned for it!"

19 hours ago, DocSchlock said:

The other ones look like Golems.  Wyrd may be doing a cycle of Golems for the other factions for the next book.

So what do we see? A Graveyard Golem for the Ressers, Fire Golem for Arcanists, Wind Golem for Arcanists, then there's that bizarre hell wheel that Bushido skirmish game also has and calls it Wanyudo (for Ressers and TT maybe?), Earth and Water Golems (which look kinda bad...) and then a Steampunk Claptrap for some weird reason.

Any other ideas?

And then some stuff for The Other Side.

1 minute ago, Thottbot said:

there already is a fire golem for arcanists kind of. Raul Golem is all about that burning aka fire

The rail golem is more like an upgraded Metal Gamin. I would expect a Fire Golem to be setting the enemy on fire rather than setting itself on fire

Considering how far ahead of release we usually see these prototype models I'm guessing the Asian expansion for TOS will maybe be 2 years out?  Very cool to see they do have more planned and beginning to get sculpted already!

The maybe-Wind Golem looks very genie-like or like a dust devil, very interesting but considering the Gamin is a beast I'm not sure it's a 1:1 fit like the Ice Gamin/Golem and Metal Gamin/Rail Golems are, we'll see though.  The potential for Earth and Water Golems are very interesting as well, though I do agree that fishface isn't quite what I expected there, lol.  I think of the group the Fire Golem's my favourite (if that is what it is), and can't go wrong with more Burning!

For the TOS stuff, I'm wondering what the thing the rider is on?  It looks like its tail's hand-like with a lantern, very spiky, and kind of dinosaur-like.  My gross lack of knowledge of other cultures might be showing, but isn't the weapon the rider's wearing supposed to be something Oni's use?  Maybe the dino-thing is for the Oni and the big dude is for the Three Kingdoms?  Or they're both Oni and one's a Titan like Horomatangi?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

So that's why it has a hose. Any insight into what it does based on how it works in TTB?

New ways of spreading Poison for Brewmaster are ridiculously welcome, though!

In TTB it counts as hard cover for models hiding behind it and has Armour 1. It has a 'Booze Pump' ranged attack that gives enemies the 'Flammable' condition, which means if they suffer Burning they take an additional Burning +1. Has a trigger to add the Intoxicated condition, and if the target is already Intoxicated, they suffer Poison. They have a second attack that basically does what the trigger does but has no cast, just spend 1 AP, but the target takes a duel or they suffer the effects.

So basically spray enemies with Whiskey making them Flammable and potentially Intoxicated and Poisoned.

• Like 3

Just now, -Loki- said:

In TTB is counts as hard cover for models hiding behind it and has Armour 1. It has a 'Booze Pump' ranged attack that gives enemies the 'Flammable' condition, which means if they suffer Burning they take an additional Burning +1. Has a trigger to add the Intoxicated condition, and if the target is already Intoxicated, they suffer Poison. They have a second attack that basically does what the trigger does but has no cast, just spend 1 AP, but the target takes a duel or they suffer the effects.

So basically spray enemies with Whiskey making them Flammable and potentially Intoxicated and Poisoned.

Great stuff! Thank you!

Seriously why has this not been more talked about?

Because TOS' advert drive hasn't really started yet. It's still in production, so it's not time to really start pushing it hard. Probably when TOS releases in Dec / Jan, they'll announce more stuff is coming to encourage players to buy in, seeing how there's already future support coming.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 8/22/2017 at 5:47 AM, Math Mathonwy said:

So what do we see? A Graveyard Golem for the Ressers, Fire Golem for Arcanists, Wind Golem for Arcanists, then there's that bizarre hell wheel that Bushido skirmish game also has and calls it Wanyudo (for Ressers and TT maybe?), Earth and Water Golems (which look kinda bad...) and then a Steampunk Claptrap for some weird reason.

Any other ideas?

And then some stuff for The Other Side.

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed with those sculpts (the Golems, I mean). Still, let's hope Whiskey Gamin are going to be a useful addition...