Wave 5 Master Upgrades: Arcanists

WWHSD

6 hours ago, Bengt said:

Mei Feng thoughts.

Rail lines: The +1 Wk Ability is very good for a themed crew. As Passenger Line is a trigger it excludes doing more than one hopp or ending with a Jackhammer Kick, so you are giving up a rather useful effect when doing this, also need to get the suit. Still, can be very useful re-position something.

Press the Advantage: Fun idea, but Mei Feng's attack triggers are spread out over four (!) upgrades, so you pretty much have to decide during crew building how you are going to mix and match. Ride the Rails is useful on paper, but rather expensive to use, ridiculously so on anything but Tigger claws, as you'll need a high enough card to hit and the extra suit(s).

So, I think I'll almost always take Rail Lines and almost never Press the Advantage, it just takes too many other upgrades to actually feel that useful.

The thing I think that Press The Advantage is most likely to be useful for is that if you take it with Vapormancy the Jackhammer Kick that triggers from Railwalker can apply Burning so that Mei's follow-up Tiger's Claws have a + flip to damage on two different suits.

I suppose letting Tiger's Claw have a built-in trigger to push and then remove scrap, corpse, and scheme markers if you took Thunderous Smash could be nice.

If Mei has Thunderous Smash, Vapormancy, and Press The Advantage I think she could use the use the 3 inch push to push whatever she was attacking with Tiger's Claw to the very edge of her 3 inch engagement range. That would leave most models engaged but outside of their melee range to attack her back unless they spend an AP to walk back into range. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 11:23 PM, Bengt said:

Press the Advantage: Fun idea, but Mei Feng's attack triggers are spread out over four (!) upgrades, so you pretty much have to decide during crew building how you are going to mix and match. Ride the Rails is useful on paper, but rather expensive to use, ridiculously so on anything but Tigger claws, as you'll need a high enough card to hit and the extra suit(s).

So, I think I'll almost always take Rail Lines and almost never Press the Advantage, it just takes too many other upgrades to actually feel that useful.

That's where I was going with my rambling above. To get work out of Press the Advantage, you'd have to build for it, plan for it, and manipulate your hand for it, and then need your opponent to be set up in a way that lets you exploit it. Rail Lines, on the other hand, seems like something I'll take regardless of what I'm planning to do with Mei (support vs attack) simply because it enables early game pressing towards the center/scrum.

On 2017-08-21 at 8:23 AM, Bengt said:

Mei Feng thoughts.

Rail lines: The +1 Wk Ability is very good for a themed crew. As Passenger Line is a trigger it excludes doing more than one hopp or ending with a Jackhammer Kick, so you are giving up a rather useful effect when doing this, also need to get the suit. Still, can be very useful re-position something.

Press the advantage makes her kick much better. Since it has a very situational trigger without upgrades. Without other upgrades, it gives her the burning trigger, but I could see myself having trouble finding the upgrade slot for this one.

Rail Lines will probably be taken a lot.