TtB Modular kits

spooky_squirrel

My only complaint about these kits is that the ones I picked up not 100% customizable. I ran into this when I was attempting to use them to create an as true-to-sheet representation of some Fated characters as I could.

If you're good with your tools, you can clip, shave, and file them to fit, then use plastic glue to melt the difference down (or use putty to clean them up), however it would be nice if the heads, leg-pairs, and arm-pairs were more interchangeable out of the box.

The downside of modularity like this is we'll run into more tiny, fiddly bits when it comes to what they're holding, even if hands are similarly modular. Hands being cast with weapons/cards/books/gestures would allow for a better point-of-contact than having the those bits separate, however.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with them :)

I've had the same complaint. It really does seem that certain bodies were designed to go with certain heads and arms. So it's less a box to create fated in a way to like and more a set of specific fated with changeable arms and heads.

I've built a few, and on one I did a bit of work to reposition the arms and I like the result. Given it's their first attempt at this sort of kit the problems are expected, however. They're fun kits, but if they ever do any more I likewise hope the compatibility between parts is improved.

I have considered buying these, but I have not been successful in finding many good pictures of models made from the kits. I also could never find anything about whether they ever corrected the height issue with the female kit. If anyone has some pics they could post or direct me to, I would be grateful. I am getting ready to start running some TTB down at my local shop.

8 hours ago, spect_spidey said:

I have considered buying these, but I have not been successful in finding many good pictures of models made from the kits. I also could never find anything about whether they ever corrected the height issue with the female kit. If anyone has some pics they could post or direct me to, I would be grateful. I am getting ready to start running some TTB down at my local shop.

They said a long time ago they would not change the issues with the female kit.

Cheers. The necromancer with his zombie pets (zombified silurid is his retainer - long rather funny story), the tinkerer petting his mechanical attendant and the shield, pneumatic arm and club combo models were designed by their players, converted by me and the painting on the tinkerer and Necromancer is being done by their respective players... Neither of whom have ever painted before. Ever. They are getting tips and tricks from me but the colour choices and execution is all them. 

The club dude will be done by the player as well. But they've yet to actually show up to a painting session! 

The rifle lady is all my girlfriend. Built and painted by her. Yeah shes much better than i am. Unfortunately that character is now redundant due to Merc getting changed pretty drastically. So we did a rebuild under 2e and her current representation is the alt kissing perdita mini. So rifle lady has been relegated to proxy Hans duty in my Viks crew. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sycorax said:

Here's a link to several of mine in various stages of painting. Hopefully it'll help you.

All but 2 of them have been converted in some manner... The lady with the rifle and the sword/pistol duster coat man are the 2 that haven't. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jbm5i8i8cedk87n/AAA5thRa_UrBgi0v6RXCfVB_a?dl=0

Thank you! I appreciate the pictures. I really like the look of these. It was so hard for me to determine anything from the few unpainted pics I was able to locate with a Google search. I would really like to see some more. If anyone else has some pics, I would greatly appreciate them being posted or linked.

On 19/08/2017 at 5:10 AM, WalkingInBlack said:

They said a long time ago they would not change the issues with the female kit.

I found the female kit height problem was pretty overblown. The models I've built they've been roughly the same size as the males, maybe a couple of millimetres taller. People carry on as if they're double the height.

the bigger problem is they're way too leggy. Like their crotch is where their stomach should be, and their chest is a really compressed stomach and chest combined.

• Like 2

I've only built one model from my kits so far.  I was a little disappointed on how modular it is.  Some heads only fit with some torsos instead of with all. Same with arms and legs. If you want to make someone with a long coat, you're heavily limited in what you can equip them with unless you're comfortable with a hobby knife on tiny bits.   Also, the example images on the front aren't exactly representative of what you can actually make using the kit.

I've never seen a kit like this before though so I will say it's a good first effort.   Haven't opened the female kit yet.

16 hours ago, spect_spidey said:

I just wish there were more pics out there of these models assembled and maybe painted.

I'll submit mine. This is currently the only one I've finished, but I have 3 others in progress. This one had some modification of the arms into a pose I liked better.

898419_md-.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally opened the female kit to make an NPC for an upcoming game.  Unless I'm blind, there is only a single option for a plain empty hand!  And it doesn't pair well with the torso I'm using or any of the opposite arms I want to use.  :(

With these being for an RPG and not a war game, some unarmed options would have been nice.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:51 PM, DarkSpade said:

Finally opened the female kit to make an NPC for an upcoming game.  Unless I'm blind, there is only a single option for a plain empty hand!  And it doesn't pair well with the torso I'm using or any of the opposite arms I want to use.  :(

With these being for an RPG and not a war game, some unarmed options would have been nice.

Sadly the female kit also have limited options and don't have the same weapons or equipments as the male kit has and vice versa, I tried to use the mechanical arm of the male kit for one of my females... lets just say a lot of cutting and clipping were done and it still doesn't fit, if you have both kits you will know why I had to use the one from the male kit for a female, its a matter of left and right :)