Wave 5 Upgrade scoop

Boomstick

11 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

As for specific models, Anna Lovelace worked well for me. I have used her once to lock Misaki down on the flank for three turns.

Anna is a model that I have found myself bringing in more and more of my crews.  Everything about her is amazing from the control (aura and 0 action push) to her damage and even card cycling.  I have just found her to be amazing and will probably bring her in my game vs Gremlins tonight.  

The sad thing is that she wouldn't have helped me in the game I got massacred in the other night.  In two turns she wiped half my crew off the board and put so much damage on the others, it was a lost cause.  The only reason I got damage on her was because I turned her in to a construct with burning and got Mei to swing on her with buffs from Kang.  Even then, till only got her down to 3 wounds before she killed Kang and Mei.  :(

Last game I played, I got to kill 30SS worth of models in the first turn (Izamu, Chiaki, and two goryo), although I must admit I had an incredible luck with the flips. It does seem too abusive. 

I used the following list:

Misaki
- The Storm
- Misdirection
- Risk and Reward

Kamaitachi

Shadow Effigy

Shadow Emissary
- Conflux of thunder

Lust
- Smoke grenades

Yin the Pennangalan

Chiaki the Niece

Terracota Warrior

Of course, while it's me who controls her, it's all fun and laughs, but I really wouldn't know what to do if I were to oppose Misaki Master Blaster.

Edited by Aaron
We don't talk about closed testing.

21 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

That's 3ss cache? Have you used Risk a lot? After testing it a bunch I don't really see the point of it unless I'm healing 4-6 wounds end of turn with spare stones for card draw. I'd rather just get Recalled Training at that point for that super duper murder turn.

Agreed, without Recalled the Storm damage isn't reliable unless you have the crows in hand/Stone for it. I'd rather stone for the Ram on downburst to trigger Thunder with a low cache. Fishing for rams is tricky especially if you want to do it more than once! The best I've managed to do so far is 2 Downburst on a Rotten Belle (in a Levi crew) to remove the Belle, (a wounded) Johan, and a Waif. It was Corner deployment so that makes it harder for turn 1 alpha striking! 

43 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

That's 3ss cache? Have you used Risk a lot? After testing it a bunch I don't really see the point of it unless I'm healing 4-6 wounds end of turn with spare stones for card draw. I'd rather just get Recalled Training at that point for that super duper murder turn.

Nope, it's 2SS Cache. First turn I spend the 2SS on Risk, and then swap R&R for RT. That way I get Misaki's buffs from the very beginning, and got a kind-of Regeneration +2 for the rest of the game. Also, that grants me a card draw and a free push first turn thanks to the kamaitachi

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gennosuke said:

Nope, it's 2SS Cache. First turn I spend the 2SS on Risk, and then swap R&R for RT. That way I get Misaki's buffs from the very beginning, and got a kind-of Regeneration +2 for the rest of the game. Also, that grants me a card draw and a free push first turn thanks to the kamaitachi

Hmm interesting technique!