McMounings hiring pool

entropolous

4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Is it for both dougies?

And would it be worth taking two upgrades to infiltrate both nurses and beasts? Can you take this as well as On the Clock/Moonlighting? Does it have ability names that are fun to say? Combined with a domador de cadáveres, I really hope that accent is over the correct vowel, how many different factions can you now cram into a McMourning list?

8 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

And would it be worth taking two upgrades to infiltrate both nurses and beasts? Can you take this as well as On the Clock/Moonlighting? Does it have ability names that are fun to say? Combined with a domador de cadáveres, I really hope that accent is over the correct vowel, how many different factions can you now cram into a McMourning list?

1. I would say so 

2. Yes, it is not a limited upgrade

4. No, "test subjects"

3. 6 without mercs I think, 7 in guild thanks to the domador.

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

So.... if you have the book in hand.... any major changes from the play test with our models that you've noticed? Any other juicy upgrades you care to tell us about? 

I have heard of no changes to playtested models, but I have heard some tantalising clues about some of our new upgrades:

McMourning:
- His new hiring pool that this entire thread is about + an aura to heal them
- Two (0) for turning corpses in either soulstones or cards

Nicodem:

- Summon vulture to a corpse (maybe it means, place it there or something) and can discard cards after initiative flip to place corpse for each one discarded
- One-time lifesaver for any living ressurectionist in LoS

Reva 

- Can now also hit from spirits in 8" aura (presumably some kind of Strength of the Fallen parallel)
- Explode every corpse on the table (Unforgiving Stench for everyone?)
- Conflux allows the Emissary to teleport to Corpses with 10" and it considered a Corpse Marker itself (presumably only for friendlies lol).

Molly (only seen 1):

- Before the game starts, your opponent shows you both schemes he picked.

Tara:
- Gains + to all flips when no cards are in hand, void wretches can make their (2) attack as (1), gains ca that deals damage equal to turn number
- Can take any number of upgrades, at the start of activation gives condition to one enemy that damages them when they become buried

Yan Lo 
- Gains Instinctual and buffs Lightning Dance
- One that takes after Asami's VP theme but with Chi and also has a passive that lets you trade in Ascendant upgrades for other Ascendant upgrades.
- Blood Ascendant: Casting Expert, new melee casting attack that heals Ancestors if it kills the target.

I have heard nothing for Seamus or Kirai :/

another molly's upgrade allows her to summon from scheme markers. one of seamus' upgrades has already been shown, the second one lets him hire and summon showgirls (they gain undead characteristic). if you like to discuss it further, i would suggest opening a new thread.

as for initial question - cross-faction hiring seems to get pretty ridiculous with that wave.

I just think about a beastly McMourning:

Myranda attacking and transforming into a rattler, that binds enemies and has decent Df while giving out poison like candy! (not the model). ANd with all that lowering the defense of the enemies with Canines. And if he is in trouble just slither out!

That sounds kinda crazy!

2 hours ago, Daysleeper said:

So what beasts and academics have obvious synergies with McMourning?

The possibillities seem to be endless and are too much for my work-dilluted brain :-D

Basilisk, Myranda, Dawn serpent, and Rattler are the main "poison" beasts (As are Shikome, canine remains and Rogue necromancy in case you look at guild). 

Acedemic you have Kudra for giving out poison.

Waldgiests can give mobile forests, Silurids drop schemes like they are going out of fashion.