Wave 5 upgrade hype thread.

4thstringer

6 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Does anyone know what Nellie's conflux looks like?

AFAIK it gets a trigger on Rule of Law that gives Evidence +1

It also gets a (0) that gives a condition +3 to a model. When the model activates it may lower the condition by any amount. Opponent draws this amount of cards. You take damage for the rest.

1 hour ago, trikk said:

In order of power level boost estimates I'd probably rank:

Hoffman: staple GtS/Extraction pick. Can play vs OC finally.

McMourning: I think the fact we can get access to Leaps greatly helps Stake a Claim

Justice: Swordfighter makes a huge difference. Pinebox can be huge in some games.

Perdita: she has some deny potential and a lot of utility and a good initiative chances with compaion can be pretty big.

Nellie: the scheme swapping is huge but is a hit or miss and she strugfles with upgrades ready.

Lucius: he got a huge boost ij uos but I still think he's a worse version of Nellie because in Guild Henchmen > Minions

McCabe: doesn't change a lot

Who's OC? Outcasts?

Just now, 4thstringer said:

So here is the question.  I know Lawyers can't put fees on masters.  Is that true for Nellie, Jury and Vogel?

Was true at least for Jury in the beta. I think there are people who think the condition actually does something useful and shouldn't be allowed on masters.

Just now, Myyrä said:

Was true at least for Jury in the beta. I think there are people who think the condition actually does something useful and shouldn't be allowed on masters.

If Lawyers gave out +2 per AP or +1 with another effect it would be way more useful.

Ok, how about the sonnia ml upgrade?  I have a few problems with it.   1. If I'm engaged with her id rather use inferno than buff her ml. 2. If I dont want inferno I assume frank is nearby to push me out.  If not I need confiscated lore to do def. 3.  If you want to combo it with reincarnation no badge, so she's gonna die. 

Am I crazy? 

1 hour ago, Myyrä said:

If pigs had wings they could fly. Oh, wait...

I've heard it said that every piglet is a flying piglet before it hits the ground, but I don't think that helps.

As for fees-Nellie, she is at least also applying more ping damage through conditions. I'd brought the lawyer for laughs, but the fees on top of the humiliation [and theoryfaux on top of assaulted in public, if my reporters could ever get an interview question answered by a construct--stonewall, brick wall, shield wall, whatever] was the only thing doing appreciable damage to the armored-up squad.

11 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Ok, how about the sonnia ml upgrade?  I have a few problems with it.   1. If I'm engaged with her id rather use inferno than buff her ml. 2. If I dont want inferno I assume frank is nearby to push me out.  If not I need confiscated lore to do def. 3.  If you want to combo it with reincarnation no badge, so she's gonna die. 

Am I crazy? 

No, you are not. This upgrade is more of a meme-tier than the real option exactly like melee Putina(with one exeption- Raspi can really use it).
I think that in 60-70% games the valid build is imprint+aura+reincarnation and in the rest 30-40 % reincarnation+imprint.

15 minutes ago, FinalForm said:

No, you are not. This upgrade is more of a meme-tier than the real option exactly like melee Putina(with one exeption- Raspi can really use it).
I think that in 60-70% games the valid build is imprint+aura+reincarnation and in the rest 30-40 % reincarnation+imprint.

I`d almost never use those 3.

I like the idea of Ml + Reincarnation. I`d never consider Reincarnation worth it in a non-fun game. Aura is very situational and I pretty much don`t take it unless its Ressers or NB. Imprint is cool but the chain one allows you to have a very good chance of killing henchmen and you can have a sick shooting range with Heartsbane.

9 minutes ago, trikk said:

I`d almost never use those 3.

I like the idea of Ml + Reincarnation. I`d never consider Reincarnation worth it in a non-fun game. Aura is very situational and I pretty much don`t take it unless its Ressers or NB. Imprint is cool but the chain one allows you to have a very good chance of killing henchmen and you can have a sick shooting range with Heartsbane.

What is giving HB sick range? 

1 minute ago, trikk said:

I`d never consider Reincarnation worth it in a non-fun game. Aura is very situational and I pretty much don`t take it unless its Ressers or NB. Imprint is cool but the chain one allows you to have a very good chance of killing henchmen and you can have a sick shooting range with Heartsbane.

In most cases in my meta (NB, arcanists and the guild dominated one) it works pretty good.
Reincarnation totaly worth it imo. You gain amazing value for 2-4 ss. I rarely summon more than 2 witchlings but they are best 5ss minions for Sonia and are good by themselves.
And I dont see how nurse is better than loco and I almost never pick both of them in one band. 

6 minutes ago, FinalForm said:

In most cases in my meta (NB, arcanists and the guild dominated one) it works pretty good.
Reincarnation totaly worth it imo. You gain amazing value for 2-4 ss. I rarely summon more than 2 witchlings but they are best 5ss minions for Sonia and are good by themselves.
And I dont see how nurse is better than loco and I almost never pick both of them in one band. 

I never got more than 1 and usually get 0 because a decent player will alpha Sonnia from out of 14 range and I`d never go within 10" because thats the charge of almost every model I wouldn`t like near Sonnia.

The more I play with Loco the more I see him as a trap and the less I like him. I think that, if facing a good player, the Masters that require a lot of support are generally in a disadvantage I had a few games with no Loco (i tested Envy for example) and I had a lot higher success rate than with him.

8 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

What is giving HB sick range? 

Hit for 2. 6" push with a chain activation which means you have 3 shots at 20 inches. If you have an 8 you can walk again and do it again for 26"

9 minutes ago, trikk said:

The more I play with Loco the more I see him as a trap and the less I like him. I think that, if facing a good player, the Masters that require a lot of support are generally in a disadvantage I had a few games with no Loco (i tested Envy for example) and I had a lot higher success rate than with him.

If you don't want to play with Loco, I don't see much point in investing in Sonnia's mobility either. I think she'd serve much better by lighting something on fire, throwing down a wall and then chain activating into Sammael. That is, if you want to use the chain activations for something big.

1 minute ago, Myyrä said:

If you don't want to play with Loco, I don't see much point in investing in Sonnia's mobility either. I think she'd serve much better by lighting something on fire, throwing down a wall and then chain activating into Sammael. That is, if you want to use the chain activations for something big.

There is also the small double walk with Puryfying flame next to a henchmen and with Dampening you can do quite a lot of dmg (they can`t stone for a :-fate and prevent). They cool schtick is sometimes they prevented 2 and you didn`t give Burning. I think thats the easiest use of it.

2 minutes ago, trikk said:

There is also the small double walk with Puryfying flame next to a henchmen and with Dampening you can do quite a lot of dmg (they can`t stone for a :-fate and prevent). They cool schtick is sometimes they prevented 2 and you didn`t give Burning. I think thats the easiest use of it.

Which is why you should always aim at something that can't use SS and then hit the SS users with the blasts. Can't be done always, sure, but that just means that you should probably re-evaluate what you want to accomplish with her. Having opponent spend 2ss to prevent gaining burning is worth something as well.