Wave 5 upgrade hype thread.

4thstringer

I wonder if bringing in canine remains will be nice with McMourning. Guild has a few attacks that are a bit too low-statted to be really scary but I could see a tag team of a couple of canines and wardens perhaps. Canines and guild hounds should also get along nicely.

4 minutes ago, icebreaker said:

What attacks do you mean?

Well the aforementioned wardens have great damage but a crummy 5 ml. Death marshals and Judge also have crap attack stats but we can't lower wp unfortunately :(

A couple of the guardsmen have low attack stats but I probably wouldn't take them for.damage either way.

22 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Well the aforementioned wardens have great damage but a crummy 5 ml. Death marshals and Judge also have crap attack stats but we can't lower wp unfortunately :(

A couple of the guardsmen have low attack stats but I probably wouldn't take them for.damage either way.

Did I miss something?  Is there something out there that is going to lower Def of our opponents? I want to use it in my Guardsmen horde list.

In order of power level boost estimates I'd probably rank:

Hoffman: staple GtS/Extraction pick. Can play vs OC finally.

McMourning: I think the fact we can get access to Leaps greatly helps Stake a Claim

Justice: Swordfighter makes a huge difference. Pinebox can be huge in some games.

Perdita: she has some deny potential and a lot of utility and a good initiative chances with compaion can be pretty big.

Nellie: the scheme swapping is huge but is a hit or miss and she strugfles with upgrades ready.

Lucius: he got a huge boost ij uos but I still think he's a worse version of Nellie because in Guild Henchmen > Minions

McCabe: doesn't change a lot

Which is which, and do you think she is back to tourney level?

I think for killy schemes the "always +2 to initiative" will be the best upgrade, together with trick shooting-awesome!

Aura ancestral vs Neverborn

The other is marker removal IIRC, definitly a good upgrade for scheme games.

I like them both, nothing too exciting but really efficient!

6 minutes ago, trikk said:

I`d say until GG18 we have one trully tourney level master. But I do think she`s probably my second master I`d solo in Guild if Nellie was banned for some reason

I was afraid of that.  I definitely don't feel like the upgrades fixed our problems in the current meta, but they should be fun to play.  I suspect we will continue to struggle with gg2017 (cept Nellie)

8 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I was afraid of that.  I definitely don't feel like the upgrades fixed our problems in the current meta, but they should be fun to play.  I suspect we will continue to struggle with gg2017 (cept Nellie)

The issue Guild has, is it doesn`t have a low resource summoner and those are the top of the top right now IMHO.  I do however think most of those upgrades close the gap more or less.

I mean Hoffman can be a pretty good pick vs some opponents.

I`d also like to mention that IMHO Guild one of the best (if not the best) models in Wave 5