TenThunders

twibs

Hi there. I started painting my TenThunders faction around half a year ago and I'd like to think I've been rather prolific. Painting is not new to me since I transferred from the GW side and while I do occasionally still dabble in 40K, Malifaux is my one and only love. ;)

While most of my figs aren't showcase material, some of them turned out to be rather nice.

file.php?id=4189&mode=view

file.php?id=4188&mode=view

file.php?id=4187&mode=view

file.php?id=4186&mode=view

file.php?id=4185&mode=view

• Like 2

I realize it's rather alot of pics on one go, but I'd though to get you up to date. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have the whole faction in colors. :D

Suggestions, techniques, critisism and general 'oh wow' is more than appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21.8.2017 at 1:53 PM, tmod said:

I like how you use darker colours, the black on the Jorogumo is great. Also your photography is amazing! :-)

Thanks for your time to reply. ;) My blacks tend to be just several layers of bacl/dark inks, I find it gives me more realistic shadows on the figure. And while I do try to put some extra effort on my photos (actual camera, positioning, photoshop filters) you might be the first one to take note of it.

• Like 1

what I like:

-yasunori (I really like it) and emissary are really nice. Good Job!

-yin and komainu are simple but the effect is really good.

-obsidian "skin" is really nice also

-McCabe horse

what I don't like:

-eyes: if you really want to paint eyes including pupil I suggest you to try to follow some online guides ( for example http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.it/2010/05/tutorial-painting-eyes.html)

-sometimes the use of inks on vest (example on shenlong peons, chiaki). 

If you want to take a look of some of mine: https://www.instagram.com/piccio_83

There's some nice work in here. But also some googly eyes ;) . 

The tutorial in the link is good stuff, but could be more simply stated. Instead of dotting colour in the middle of a white eye, paint the eye colour you want, then carefully work white in from the sides. This one little fix will bring the eyes up to the level of the rest of your painting. 

Keep up the good work!

I prefer not to paint eyes but I think they look ok for "quick tabletop" standard when I do. Felt this video was good help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhH-GWvHG00

tldr: dot black, dot white inside black, dot/line black across the white, slightly off-centre closer to the nose. Below couple of my eyes:

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic3719116.jpg - https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic3719115.jpg

Definitely check out Massive Voodoo if you want to paint stuff up real nice.

Thanks guys. I feel that when I get next model that actually has human eyes I really need to concentrate on that one. ;) But in the meantime little update. Akaname are just soooo cute. :P Also with the mega technique from Yasunori I was encouraged to try the same on Yokai, who are the flicker masters.

file.php?id=5628&t=1

file.php?id=5627&t=1

file.php?id=5626&t=1

file.php?id=5625&t=1

file.php?id=5624&t=1

file.php?id=5623&t=1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. During my vacation I decided to finish my long term project, a battlefield-in-a-case. Of course my figs need a "homebase", which will be abandoned soulstone mine near a sabotaged railway. :D The case folds into a neat carryon case and has a separate backside which is attached with clips during transportation. This is my second 3x3 battlefield and I must say it's much more nice to work on than the warhammer's 4x6 size.

file.php?id=5741&t=1

file.php?id=5740&t=1

file.php?id=5739&t=1

file.php?id=5738&t=1

file.php?id=5737&t=1

file.php?id=5736&t=1

file.php?id=5735&t=1

This image showcases *ba-dum-tsih* the travel mode of my table. :P

18193361_1529243107093964_73349688139448

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Veefy said:

Wowzers this case looks glorious! Great hell of a job! I may not be a fan of the cotton in the waterfall but everything else is incredible. It has inspired me to attempt to make one with my father. What kind of wood did you use? If you dont mind me asking :)

It's just pretty much planed timber (had to look up the term), about 2 cm by 10 cm, which I cut in shape with circular saw and then added the notches for the plywood "covers" to snugly fit in and then my sister did the staining and varnish, since she's in the business of that. :D Apparently easier to do herself than try and guide me through it.

The finished product certainly looks almost professional. :P I know the waterfall is a real eye catcher, but I'm almost more proud of the bridge, which is also made almost from scratch, only the actual rails and wooden planks are from a set, though heavily modified.

Thank you all though, it's nice to hear that you appreciate my insanity.

• Like 1