Henchman hardcore

Ludvig

What's our most digusting HH list currently?

Iwas thinking Judge with debt, Frank with debt and possibly hermanos, pistolero and wastrel.

Francisco drags judge up. If you have a decent hand Judge does debt to the guild and cheats/stones masks for four "shots" turn 1 which should put a dent in some stuff. Turn 2 you start with Judge attaking and companioning into Franc who probably drops debt for somr nasty damage. Small dudes are there because their points fit.

9 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

My vote goes to Ryle + Frank + whatever. Very few crews can hope to bring Ryle down. 

You're depending on nothing ignoring armor and Ryle getting tomes then? A guardian + hound then for more tomey goodness? Debt on Ryle instead of Hermanos on Francisco perhaps?

2 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I like the idea of phiona, dade, daschel (if summoning is allowed) +vengance bullet and a trap.  But I might just be feeling a little crazy.

It isn't allowed so that kind of gimps it. Also don't own Phiona or Dade but you couldn't know that. ;)

1 minute ago, Ludvig said:

It isn't allowed so that kind of gimps it. Also don't own Phiona or Dade but you couldn't know that. ;)

I get not owning dade, but phiona?  That's crazy talk. Need a pen is mightier box, ASAP.

Ok how bout this? Ryle with debt, a guardian,  nurse hb, and brutal eff.  Ryles not going down with all that healing and the guardians buff.

Nurse hb could be replaced by any number of 8 pt models.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I get not owning dade, but phiona?  That's crazy talk. Need a pen is mightier box, ASAP.

Ok how bout this? Ryle with debt, a guardian,  nurse hb, and brutal eff.  Ryles not going down with all that healing and the guardians buff.

Nurse hb could be replaced by any number of 8 pt models.

You won't be able to kill much and end every game as a draw? A single hanged or that resser upgrade will screw you badly too.

Don't have the starter either btw, I haven't kept up well past book two. ;) Francisco instead of HB would probably make sense.

4 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

You won't be able to kill much and end every game as a draw? A single hanged or that resser upgrade will screw you badly too.

Don't have the starter either btw, I haven't kept up well past book two. ;) Francisco instead of HB would probably make sense.

Hell, with franks buff and the guardian I throw them both in.  Guardian doesnt do inconsequential damage either, so I think they would kill just fine.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ludvig said:

You're depending on nothing ignoring armor and Ryle getting tomes then? A guardian + hound then for more tomey goodness? Debt on Ryle instead of Hermanos on Francisco perhaps?

I'm depending also on soul stones, Franc and heals. It's not like the whole enemy team is going to ignore armor. 

• Like 1

Ryle Francisco executioner guild hound

Or

Ryle Francisco phiona brutal effigy

Or

Judge Francisco executioner guild hound

Or

Judge Francisco phiona guild hound

Or

Phiona Francisco executioner guild hound

These are the combos I would like to try and I'll probably use one of them at my next henchman hardcore event.

These lists are great at damage output and can overwhelm most crews. They struggle against more condition or WP attack style crews.

Guild has so many great henchmen!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RustAndTheCity said:

Ryle Francisco executioner guild hound

Or

Ryle Francisco phiona brutal effigy

Or

Judge Francisco executioner guild hound

Or

Judge Francisco phiona guild hound

Or

Phiona Francisco executioner guild hound

These are the combos I would like to try and I'll probably use one of them at my next henchman hardcore event.

These lists are great at damage output and can overwhelm most crews. They struggle against more condition or WP attack style crews.

Guild has so many great henchmen!

I think you managed to miss the one permutation that would wring the most offense out of three out of four suits of high cards. :P

• 5 months later...

I'm also playing a HH in a few weeks, but my only available henchmen are Sidir, Queeg and Dashel. Last month, I played a Sidir combo, which wasn't too bad, but as expected, there weren't any miracles. I don't see Queeg as being useful in HH, but I've seen a Dashel + riflemen list. Does he have any use in HH besides that? Is Sidir viable at all? I know these three are make the bottom of the Guild henchmen list, but are there options with them or should I just order Ryle and express paint him the night before? :D 

7 minutes ago, Figgydor said:

I'm also playing a HH in a few weeks, but my only available henchmen are Sidir, Queeg and Dashel. Last month, I played a Sidir combo, which wasn't too bad, but as expected, there weren't any miracles. I don't see Queeg as being useful in HH, but I've seen a Dashel + riflemen list. Does he have any use in HH besides that? Is Sidir viable at all? I know these three are make the bottom of the Guild henchmen list, but are there options with them or should I just order Ryle and express paint him the night before? :D 

There should be some merit to having hard to kill and a 6ss cache and using Queeg to shoot from the backlines. Slap on lead lined coat and Queeg isn't looking too shabby as a leader. Sadistic streak may let you disengage if you survive their first dedicated hit. You'd need a seriously killy crew to take out their leader though... Unless you can assassinate reliably you're going to have a hard time winning games and the tournament.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

hard to kill and a 6ss cache and using Queeg to shoot from the backlines

good point. I just might not be so inclined to take Queeg as he tends to be relatively circumstantial and somewhat squishy, although I really like him and try to take him in 50ss games as often as I can.

as far as killy models in the crew, an executioner usually fits that slot. I'll toy with other possibilities and see what I come up with

Honestly Dashel with Arrest Him (for the triggers) and Debt as leader, Queeg with Promises and LLC, and two Riflemen could really hurt some lists.  They'd get eaten by others, of course, but they could really wreck some crews' day.  And now that Dashel has a 5 stone cache, there's plenty of love there.

• Like 1

I've usually been pretty much stomped when I've done the Queeg Dashel rifle list. People tend to take a fast model like archie or something who can charge turn one and if they have armour your double riflemen are only doing 1pt of damage each if they even have time to set it up.