Sign in to follow this  
GMort

Unboxing Malifaux - 'Yasunori'

I mistakenly attached the right wing BEFORE attaching the rider's right leg to the mount's body.

I found it easiest to roll the leg along like a sausage so that the protruding plastic join from the leg slotted into its designed hole on the mount's side. Got it in and also did not manage to break the wing in this way!

I do not know if this will also apply for the left leg/wing if someone else makes this mistake on the opposite side.

I can concur. 😂 I glued both wings first. It's possible to wiggle the legs between them, you just need the right angle. Bit like those puzzle boxes.

Nice!

How tall is the model from base to sword tips? My storage and transport solutions have some rather strict limits on model height.. Izamu is fine, but the Shadow Emissary is right out.

8 hours ago, ArcticPangolin said:

I mistakenly attached the right wing BEFORE attaching the rider's right leg to the mount's body.

I found it easiest to roll the leg along like a sausage so that the protruding plastic join from the leg slotted into its designed hole on the mount's side. Got it in and also did not manage to break the wing in this way!

I do not know if this will also apply for the left leg/wing if someone else makes this mistake on the opposite side.

8 hours ago, twibs said:

I can concur. 😂 I glued both wings first. It's possible to wiggle the legs between them, you just need the right angle. Bit like those puzzle boxes.

I'll add your tips to the article. It didn't look to me like they'd fit to be honest, lol.

13 hours ago, Carecalmo said:

Nice!

How tall is the model from base to sword tips? My storage and transport solutions have some rather strict limits on model height.. Izamu is fine, but the Shadow Emissary is right out.

I'll measure my Yas when I get home from work tonight if no-one else gets in here first  :)

5 hours ago, GMort said:

I'll add your tips to the article. It didn't look to me like they'd fit to be honest, lol.

I really thought I was doomed to cutting off and reattaching the wing TBH, was very pleasantly surprised when it rolled in after I had tried sliding it up or down into place for 30 minutes and causing white bend lines to form at the wing's base.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2017 at 8:40 PM, Carecalmo said:

How tall is the model from base to sword tips?

84mm to the left sword tip, 83mm to the right sword tip. That's the model itself without the 50mm base though.

I forgot to do this last night, sorry.

38 minutes ago, ArcticPangolin said:

84mm to the left sword tip, 83mm to the right sword tip. That's the model itself without the 50mm base though.

I forgot to do this last night, sorry.

No worries - thanks for doing it in any case. :)

That is a bit bigger than the tin lunchboxes I keep my models in. I'm considering getting something taller for the Shadow Emissary anyway - won't hurt to make sure there's space for Yasunori as well.