Wyrd GenCon Newsletter

Lucidicide

3 minutes ago, Sklertic said:

Why did you break the trend with the "miss" models? The alt Taelor should be a male, it's quite sad it isn't. Might just be me, but I'm pretty disappointed about that.

We've had Miss models representing female models in the past, so this isn't a new change.

Miss Pack, one of the first Miss models, was an alternate Nurse, for instance.

do see and like that when they've taken greater liberties with one aesthetic (let's face it, nightmare crazy cat lady is a major gamble as well as being this year's gender-bender model(s) ) that the other is more traditional. Last year the Miss [Fire, replacing Willie the mainstay of a million unrepeatable jokes] was the gamble, this year the nightmare.

I  am with you that Miss Deed doesn't interest me, but she seems to be a hit with people who didn't like the nightmare, and vice-versa.

18 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

do see and like that when they've taken greater liberties with one aesthetic (let's face it, nightmare crazy cat lady is a major gamble as well as being this year's gender-bender model(s) ) that the other is more traditional. Last year the Miss [Fire, replacing Willie the mainstay of a million unrepeatable jokes] was the gamble, this year the nightmare.

I  am with you that Miss Deed doesn't interest me, but she seems to be a hit with people who didn't like the nightmare, and vice-versa.

I think part of it is that it opens up a generally useful model that is normally only in a crew box, so we still get a taelor model that feels like a tealor model which is really nice.  I kinda hope they continue to slip some of those out,  we've gotten Howard and Joss, I'm hoping to see The Captain,  Rusty Alyce, and Sensei Yu eventually (and thats just the top of my head, i'm sure there are more)

I for one am super excited by both the cat box and Miss Deed.

I'm planning on going for Miss Deed just for the fact that I don't have Taelor, do want Taelor (got to have the "every Relic Hammer in the game" list going :P), and don't want to buy a crew box for a different faction to get her.  I'm all on board with alt-Henchmen models so people who don't want the crew box can still get the Henchmen, so +1 to that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mason said:

We've had Miss models representing female models in the past, so this isn't a new change.

Miss Pack, one of the first Miss models, was an alternate Nurse, for instance.

By the way, I'm new here and saw a lot of female characters and very much alt version wich was converted from male to female. And no female converted to male(( Why? Do you hate guys?(((

Just now, Landlord said:

By the way, I'm new here and saw a lot of female characters and very much alt version wich was converted from male to female. And no female converted to male(( Why? Do you hate guys?(((

The Dark Carnival set had a Colette model that was converted into Mr. Cooper, a Cassandra that was converted into Lola, and a Performer that was converted into a male.

This year's Curiosity Killed the Cat Nightmare box includes a male version of the Obedient Wretch, which is normally a female model.

So no, we don't hate guys.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Mason said:

The Dark Carnival set had a Colette model that was converted into Mr. Cooper, a Cassandra that was converted into Lola, and a Performer that was converted into a male.

This year's Curiosity Killed the Cat Nightmare box includes a male version of the Obedient Wretch, which is normally a female model.

So no, we don't hate guys.

Oh, don't know that(
But you said - it's just two boxes? And I  saw a lot of ... regular female alt models. Our hench just said it's something around 12 converted female models (also he said there is a Sokoloff - who has alt. sculpt and who male).

Anyway! It's cool! I hope to see some more "mister" models:D

3 hours ago, retnab said:

I'm planning on going for Miss Deed just for the fact that I don't have Taelor, do want Taelor (got to have the "every Relic Hammer in the game" list going :P)...

That is a terrible idea and you should feel bad. [/Hoffman player] :P

20 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Oh, don't know that(
But you said - it's just two boxes? And I  saw a lot of ... regular female alt models. Our hench just said it's something around 12 converted female models (also he said there is a Sokoloff - who has alt. sculpt and who male).

Anyway! It's cool! I hope to see some more "mister" models:D

They only started doing alts that weren't girls a few years after starting to make alts at all. I have liked the mix from 2015 [Dark Carnival and Miss Anne Thrope, the same mix of one unique and one traditional alt as this year] onward, but girl alts will still outnumber boys for awhile yet.

• Like 2

I love miss fire, so it is great news for me when wyrd is experimenting ;-)

Overall it seems wyrd is experimenting a lot with different style-directions and models tend to have more details. 

I like the approach of alternative models being released. I am guessing we will see masters at some point. It is also good news not just for the modeling part but also the game, as it is a way for wyrd to release models and have income other than designing more and more new models which is the problem miniature games in general face. 

Curiosity: wow, thats a lot of details, and i love the different looks of the cats. And loom at thise slippers. A very cool release. I would buy it if shipping to europe wasnt so darn expensive (and retailers cant get it .... i hope this will change in the future)

neverborn: grotslang is 'meh'. i am a fan of alternative nekima ,never liked the current succubus version. alternative huggy is cool, but very different in style to current models. And i like current huggy. Cyclops, ....well, i really have to see them as a model, not sold right now.

Arcanists: kandara is ok, but i am not a huge fan of the indian theme  (kudra and amina are neat, though). steamfitters are top of my list. 

Gremlins: the cryers are cool(somehow have a rackham confrontation vibe), other than that, meh.

T.thunders: i dislike the crime bosses. tanuki are cute. 

Outcasts: tanos is interesting (nice idea). taelor is kind of generic, but i appreciate her being released as a single model.

Guild: overall nice releases. Especially like the female.thalarian.

Ressurs: dont know. Centauri are ok. The walking dead reference is ok, but nothing that would make be buy a box out-of-faction.