Alternate Nekima

Sybaris

5 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

Eh, looks like a sturdier leg than the two Young.

It is the extra weight and the appearance of her leaning way forward that worries me about the small connection point. I already have several models that are just one small foot or tippy toes on the base and they constantly worry me that they will snap.

If it's large enough (like  a mature or ice golem), the hooves will provide enough surface to glue it up. Plastic is far lighter than metal so it won't be like the first edition one, which needed care or good modelling skills.

The new design is more "tense", i'd agree, especially compared to the current plastic one. I refuse to use the current one based on size alone, and i have no issues with the new offering. The wings are thick and massive, and so are the horns, but we're also talking of the oldest of known Nephilims so those horns had time to grow to epic proportions.  Clothing is curious for nephilim, i mean how does she put her coat on with those wings, or her tight pants with those hooves, but regardless, i'll assume that neverborn can alter their looks down to the clothing (does the new Core book for TTB help in that regard?).

One point i'll agree upon is the sword, i'll likely be switching the original "Horse-Long"  metal Lorelei blade onto this new one and see how it goes. Her pose does make it look very heavy, and she looks down on whoever is under her...which is fitting, again if she's taller than regular ht 2 folk. I'll probably get 2 of these just to let the modelling knife go wild on one and see what happens.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, spect_spidey said:

It is the extra weight and the appearance of her leaning way forward that worries me about the small connection point. I already have several models that are just one small foot or tippy toes on the base and they constantly worry me that they will snap.

It's plastic though. It'll weigh next to nothing even if she is bigger than te current Nekima.

I think I'll be sticking to my two converted Nekimas...  One's based off the original metal with some Sylvaneth pieces to make her more Fae-like... & the other is based on the Alt-Barbaros model with a new sword, horns & tail.

If I were to get this one though, I'd definitely change the sword... need to see it in the flesh though first.

I'll use the current plastic issue as an alt Barbaros, probably (and name her Sybaris, while at it), although my favorite barbaros is the armored one for sure. The old Nekima was great imho, but her face wasn't so easy to bring out well. The new plastics are far better when it comes to conveying expression and often in terms of visage proportions.

The new model does bring Nekima closer to Lilith's style (clothes), too, and i think it's a good idea, as Lilith always stood out on her own with the fashion stuff. 

• Like 1

At the very least, it's on the correct size for the character. That being said, i wouldn't be surprised if it looks better once we see a decently painted version of it. Plus using a more detailed base (insert or custom) can alter the whole feel of it.  The old metal was cool enough, very massive, but the face didn't have the best detail, and the limbs were very thin. The sword was better than any other though, but hey, you can probably still find it around.

I just ordered 2 of the new ones...can't wait to see if i am right or not about the looks once built properly. I've been so vocal about wanting a correctly sized Nekima that it'd be wrong not to support this :)

I think that's a good size for Nekima. She's about triple the body mass of Lilith and double her height (if she was standing up rather than leaning into a run). Not as huge as old Nekima, but this one isn't as jarring in size difference while still being noticeably bigger.

Grootslang is cool. For a 6ss, 7W minion it's lolhuge, but I like it.

Cyclops is great and a good size. Strangely bigger than Teddy while having lower stats, but I really like it.

For my eyes new Nekima looks both dynamic and really impressive in size next to Lilith and like @Sybaris said on good base will really shine...had sold out by the time I got my Gencon order together but will definitely pick it up as soon as it is released....Grootslang = "oh boy !" and "can't wait !"

Wow. Grootslang is enormous. I'm not sure a pair of cyclops and grootslang are gonna fit in the bag. I'm not quite sure what I think about that. The size might be a great psychological way to make your opponent spend undue attention on the grootslang and ignore the real threat. 

lol that grootslang is huge, and so are Cyclops. What HT are they btw?

But i am impressed by Nekima, it's spot on. She is lowering herself too, so no problem with the size and all (with a suitable base it'll reach HT3) 

Since the times i am whining about it, i am soooo happy that this character gets a great model, finally!

• Like 1