August LGS Promotion

Kimberly

• 3 weeks later...

I'm certain I posted my purchase of TTB 2nd ed, no confirmation e-mail or anything, is there any way to confirm that I made a valid application and should expect something?

I've had a recent bad run with the post between Wyrd and my distant Australian lair, I suspect gremlins have infiltrated the mail lines and whatever Guild enforcers should clear them out have been on break.  Either way I am not certain what I should do to confirm I should expect something and when or in the alternative if something went wrong elsewhere such as with my original application to the promo.

On 8/9/2017 at 6:42 AM, cricka said:

Thank you for the quick answer. Since it will be impossible for me to actually get to one of the mentioned stores I wonder if this model will be available to buy at a later date, during the black friday sale, or will I have to hope I can find one on e-bay after the promotion is over?

Most models you can also get in prizes from Tournaments. It sucks but ya you are likely SOL. I get what Wyrd is doing, why they do it an it is a really good idea but it has its downfalls. Myself placed a large order online from a retailer and it was not eligible even with them being a FLGS (just not local to me). Luckily their pricing is vastly better than anyone local (another reason the game doesn't get much shelf space around here). Ordering online their selection was much larger (including old 1E figs) and even if I payed shipping I would save 10-15$ a crew box. That said I shop local when I want things on a limb but otherwise I plan my orders online. At least I keep it in the country ;)  The frustrating part is one local FLGS is large enough to have great pricing on everything except they do the route of putting USD pricing (inflated above Wyrds store value) on everything then charger you a conversion rate.... so you never quite know what your total will be while shopping.

TL:DR = Wyrd Awesome, Online shopping Good, Some FLGS ok

2 hours ago, dancater said:

I'm certain I posted my purchase of TTB 2nd ed, no confirmation e-mail or anything, is there any way to confirm that I made a valid application and should expect something?

I've had a recent bad run with the post between Wyrd and my distant Australian lair, I suspect gremlins have infiltrated the mail lines and whatever Guild enforcers should clear them out have been on break.  Either way I am not certain what I should do to confirm I should expect something and when or in the alternative if something went wrong elsewhere such as with my original application to the promo.

Well, you can get a confirmation that you submitted the form, and I've occasionally (but not recently) gotten notices from the post office for the package (I think those are from signing up for package notices from the USPS), but normally you only get contacted if something looks wrong on your form.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 12:44 PM, Aaron said:

Generally all promotions stuff for one month is handled early in the following month.

Has the August promotion been handled yet? I can be patient and wait for my model. I just have postal issues sometimes. I like to know when something is coming so that if I don't have it by a certain time I can contact the postal service.

1 hour ago, WDeseron said:

Is there anyway to get past promotional models?

Some past promotional models have showed up in mystery boxes (available from Wyrd sanctioned events).  I think they will also occasionally use the same model as a promotional model again.  Sometimes they show up in the Wyrd online store during holiday events (Easter, Black Friday).  

This may not be an exhaustive list.  :)

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2017 at 7:02 PM, spect_spidey said:

I still have not received any form of contact on this. I submitted my form on August 3rd. I guess I will just continue to wait.

As I replied earlier in this thread, we don't contact people in response to their submissions unless there is an issue with it, such as not meetingthe criteria for acceptance.

Related to this, if you want to make sure your submission went through, when you fill out the form, select the option for "send me a copy of my responses." :)

• 2 weeks later...