Claim Jump - list of models

Mutter

In various threads, there have been complaints from some players that Claim Jump as a default scheme is too easy, since it can be scored by some models on their own.

In my games, I haven't had that much of an easy time - but that could easily be, because I didn't choose a model/models that could specifically do Claim Jump alone. Therefor, I thought we could compile a list of stuff which one might sent off just for Claim Jump. So we're looking for models that can drop 2 scheme markers a turn.

Arcanists:

Any model with Practiced Production

Blessed of December (Leap; needs an 8)

Cassandra (Nimble)

Colette crew within 8" of Colette

Howard Langston (Nimble)

Ice Dancer (Work the Crowd; needs a 3 :tome)

Mannequin & one other model (Magician's Assistant)

Mechanical Rider (Revel in Creation; needs 6 :tome:tome)

Rail Golem (Locomotion; needs a 4)

Sabertooth Cerberus (Leap; needs a 5 :mask)

The Firestarter (Reckless)

The Scorpius (Creep Along; needs a 7)

Union Miner (False Claim; needs 2 x 7)

Wind Gamin (Leap; needs a 6 :mask)

Neverborn:

Barbaros

Cherub & one other model in 3" (Our Land)

Gupps (Leap; needs a :mask)

Lelu (Lie in Wait; needs a discard)

Silurid (Leap; needs a 5)

Spawn Mother & Will O'The Wisp (Produces Gupps; see there)

Ten Thunders:

Any model with Badge of Speed (McCabe)

Low River Monk, The Peaceful Waters & one other model (As The River Bends; needs a 7 :maskor :tome)

Shadow Effigy & one other minion in 4" (Remember The Mission; needs a 10)

Ten Thunders Brother (Eagle Style; needs :mask)

Wandering River Monk (Leap; needs a 6)

Yamaziko (Nimble)

Yokai (Corrupting Essence; needs a 5)

Guild:

Any model with Badge of Speed (McCabe)

Any model in a Nellie crew with Delegation

Dr. Grimwell (Nimble)

Guild Sergeant (Issue New Orders)

Lucius & minion (Issue Command; needs a 5)

Master Queeg & one other model (Welcome To Hell, And I Am Your Master; neds a 5)

Model in Hoffman-Crew (Programmed Directive / Hydraulics)

Outcasts:

Aionus (Stolen Time; turn 1 & 2 / Time Changes All; needs a 3 :tome)

Ashes & Dust (Swift)

Bishop (Swift)

Scion Of The Void & one other Model (In The Blink Of An Eye; needs an 8)

Woukou Raider (A New Horizon; needs a 5 :tome)

Ressurectionists:

Archie with Hulking Leap (needs an 8)

Dead Doxy (Take the Lead; needs a 7)

Necropunk (Leap; needs a 7)

Gremlins:

Models in Gremlins with Reckless (minus the Pigapult which can't interact)

• Fingers (can manage without Reckless if there's an enemy scheme marker to I Saws It First)
  • Francois LaCroix
  • Trixiebelle
  • Rami LaCroix
  • Raphael LaCroix
  • Pere Ravage
  • Gremlin Taxidermist
  • Burt Jebsen
  • Merris LaCroix (can manage Claim Jump without the wound with her 0 but that requires a card discard)
  • Hog Whisperer
  • Slop Hauler
  • Lightning Bug (can manage without reckless using Tinkerin With The Unknown if they discard a tome for an interact)
  • Survivor
  • Swinecursed
  • Bayou Gremlins (Drunk & Reckless - not really consistently able to do Claim Jump solo)

Models that don't have Reckless (italics are those that are pretty unreliable):

• The First Mate (leap, requires a 4)
  • Gracie (via reactivate, requires an 8 and costs 2 wounds)
  • Whiskey Golem (Nimble)
  • Moon Shinobi (requires a model with poison to push towards)
  • Old Major (if opponent runs out of cards)
  • McTavish (needs a corpse, scrap or scheme marker to push into)
  • Wild Boar (needs a scheme marker to push to)
  • Lucky Emissary (needs a 6)
  • Akaname (requires Poison +2 and a 5)
  • Piglet (with Corn Husks)
  • Like 1

Arcanist

Wind gamin, Blessed of december, sabertooth cerberus, Boris the dancing bear (Slate ridge mauler), Union Miner, Ice dancer. Large based models with Well rehersed. Showgirls with a manniquin. Cassandra, Practise produstions, Fire starter, RAil golem, Scorpinois. Models with imbued energies

Resserectionist

Necropunks, Dead doxy

Ten thunders 

Wandering river monk

Outcasts

Bishop, Ashes and dust, Aionius, Wokou raider, rat king, Scion of the void, model with Oathkeeper

Gremlin

Bayou gremlin, Burt, Merris, piglets with corn husks, Gracie, Whiskey Golem (plenty of stuff with reckless that I can't think of just now)

Guild

constructs with Hoffmans modifications. Executioner

Blimey arcansist have an easy time of it... 

• Like 1

Any model with nimble.

Any model that can push itself 3" or more.

Any model that can take interact as a (0)action.

Any model that can get fast.

There really is a lot of ways to do that. If you add things like mannequins, which lets any other model complete it, or master queeg who does the same the list is almost every cheap, significant model in the game.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Adran said:

Blimey arcansist have an easy time of it... 

Thanks, edited lots of those in. I left out stuff like Imbued Energies & Oath Keeper, because I'm looking for stuff to consistently score Claim Jump, not on a once-off. For the same reason I left out Rat King, 'cause it's too situational to count on it ...

6 hours ago, Mutter said:

Union Miner (False Claim; needs a 7)

In case it's not obvious the Union Miner needs to use 1AP to interact to place a scheme marker and 1AP to use False Claim. The 30mm base is wide enough that if you place a scheme marker in base to base contact and a marker 3 inches away they'll be more than 4 inches apart from each other. 

Walking into position and then using false claim to drop a pair of markers won't work because one of the markers will get removed before it can be used to score. 

1 minute ago, Da Git said:

Austringer also helps out Guild, Lucius and McCabe with Deliver Orders 

I don't count him as his push is only 2" which won't give enough clearance to interact for another scheme marker. McMourning's Injection drops the scheme marker regardless, with a longer push.

26 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

In case it's not obvious the Union Miner needs to use 1AP to interact to place a scheme marker and 1AP to use False Claim. The 30mm base is wide enough that if you place a scheme marker in base to base contact and a marker 3 inches away they'll be more than 4 inches apart from each other. 

Walking into position and then using false claim to drop a pair of markers won't work because one of the markers will get removed before it can be used to score. 

Or 2 AP to use false claim if you aren't currently in the right place to interact. 

11 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I don't count him as his push is only 2" which won't give enough clearance to interact for another scheme marker. McMourning's Injection drops the scheme marker regardless, with a longer push.

You're right, 50mm base plus 2" doesn't reach 4". remove Boris and well rehersed. 

Models in Gremlins with Reckless (minus the Pigapult which can't interact)

• Fingers (can manage without Reckless if there's an enemy scheme marker to I Saws It First)
  • Francois LaCroix
  • Trixiebelle
  • Rami LaCroix
  • Raphael LaCroix
  • Pere Ravage
  • Gremlin Taxidermist
  • Burt Jebsen
  • Merris LaCroix (can manage Claim Jump without the wound with her 0 but that requires a card discard)
  • Hog Whisperer
  • Slop Hauler
  • Lightning Bug (can manage without reckless using Tinkerin With The Unknown if they discard a tome for an interact)
  • Survivor
  • Swinecursed
  • Bayou Gremlins (Drunk & Reckless - not really consistently able to do Claim Jump solo)

Models that don't have Reckless (italics are those that are pretty unreliable):

• The First Mate (leap, requires a 4)
  • Gracie (via reactivate, requires an 8 and costs 2 wounds)
  • Whiskey Golem (Nimble)
  • Moon Shinobi (requires a model with poison to push towards)
  • Old Major (if opponent runs out of cards)
  • McTavish (needs a corpse, scrap or scheme marker to push into)
  • Wild Boar (needs a scheme marker to push to)
  • Lucky Emissary (needs a 6)
  • Akaname (requires Poison +2 and a 5)
  • Piglet (with Corn Husks)

Reckless is still generally the best way to do it (or two Bayou Gremlins tucked away) but there are so many that can. Thanks Adran for pointing out the corn husk piglets which I would have missed.

On 7/22/2017 at 0:18 AM, Gnomezilla said:

If a model drops a scheme marker with its first AP and walks with the second, Austringer can make it drop the second with Deliver orders...  Not efficient, but it's there.

19 hours ago, Da Git said:

If a model drops a scheme marker with its first AP and walks with the second, Austringer can make it drop the second with Deliver orders...  Not efficient, but it's there.

But once you are looking at 2 activation's (and models) to do claim jump, you can use any model that can just interact to drop a marker. 

I don't think Lucius and Nellie really have any business being on that list as they need to spend ap to get those markers down. Any master apart from Zipp can drop 2 scheme markers per turn, and it doesn't really make sense to include them all.

Some Guild models you haven't included yet:
Phiona (Drops markers with Transparency upgrade, but they are most often close to enemy models)
Death Marshal Recruiter (5" push towards enemy model within 18". Requires a 6.)
Witchling Thrall (Push to base contact with friendly model within 6". Requires a 6.)
Allison Dade (Can discard a card when enemy scores from a scheme to get fast.)
Ryle (4" push away from a model within 12".)
Guardian (Push into base contact with friendly model within 4". Requires a 7:mask)
Abuela (Can Obey another friendly model to drop the second marker or to give her a push.)
Pale Rider (Pushes 4" and drops a scheme with its (0)).

I bet there is lots of other models in other factions that people haven't considered yet. Carlos Vasquez is one of those.

I used the Cherub, plus 2 Terror Tots for this in a recent game. With Sprint they can get up, drop 2 markers, and get in position for what ever other scheme you might need them for (in my case, Leave your mark). Then they can get back and do the same thing another turn.

For Neverborn it's worth mentioning the Scion of Black Blood can make other models take a (1) Interact with its (0) Tactical action, so a model can drop a marker, walk, then it makes them drop another.

46 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I don't think Lucius and Nellie really have any business being on that list as they need to spend ap to get those markers down. Any master apart from Zipp can drop 2 scheme markers per turn, and it doesn't really make sense to include them all.

Is Nellie on the list?

And as for Lucius - I think it makes a huge difference if a Master can spend 1 AP to help out with Claim Jump up to 14" away, and any Master basically spending all his/her actions doing Claim Jump by him/herself. Lucius can do it without actually going out of his way ...

19 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

I used the Cherub, plus 2 Terror Tots for this in a recent game. With Sprint they can get up, drop 2 markers, and get in position for what ever other scheme you might need them for (in my case, Leave your mark). Then they can get back and do the same thing another turn.

What do you need the Cherub for, if the Tots do it all by themselves? One Tot and the Cherub could do it, though ...

14 minutes ago, Mutter said:

What do you need the Cherub for, if the Tots do it all by themselves? One Tot and the Cherub could do it, though ...

Cherub makes dropping the scheme marker a (0) action, so they've got an action left over to reposition. If you need to set up Claim Jump then get ready to do something else, the extra movement is really handy.