Monday Preview - July 17th

Nef

After some snooping around I came across this nifty Monday Preview!  Let's take a look at the Guild Investigator from the upcoming Broken Promises book!

Wyrd_MondayPreview_7_17_2017.thumb.jpg.daa9f7f689b4f419f03490aa6eb5cd88.jpg

But of course you guys need the art process video as well! 

Discuss away!  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

"Of course this rolled up rug is extremely bulky. I like my rugs nice and plush. My feet are delicate, you know. Would you begrudge me a soothing surface for my poor, delicate feet?

The rug is damp? Of course it's damp. I put lots of lotion on it. Lotion for my feet. They're very delicate. You're asking a lot of questions. Just saying." 

Aces picture! Looking forward to seeing the model.

• Like 1

*comes in to comment on the art...*

1 hour ago, Pyrflamme said:

"Of course this rolled up rug is extremely bulky. I like my rugs nice and plush. My feet are delicate, you know. Would you begrudge me a soothing surface for my poor, delicate feet?

The rug is damp? Of course it's damp. I put lots of lotion on it. Lotion for my feet. They're very delicate. You're asking a lot of questions. Just saying."

*...backs away hastily*

So that's where the 'push other nearby model' ability comes from.:blink:

• Haha 1

That's actually one of the first concept arts I don't like. Waaay too sleazy. He looks like the guy being investigated, not the investigator :(
Hopefully they come in a box of two and the other one's better.

Edit: Finally saw the video. Like the female Investigator waaaay better. Still don't care much for Sleazy McSleazeball though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shadowran said:

Very-very bad art.

The concept is bad or the artist is? I think the execution of both models are perfect. You have the tall female snobbish looking guild investigator and the short stubby "I am stealing this body" looking one. I think both fit into the guild look while adding some variations. I like that both where not of the same height as not all people are. Seeing the changes done digitally are incredible as I would not be able to do such things other than cut and paste.

Keep up the good work Wyrd.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, so_diogenes said:

I think the art is great, it evokes emotion which it's supposed to. I hate the male investigator because the art makes him look like a total sleaze ball. Great job wyrd artist (who's name I don't remember)!

Her name's Alyssa! :)

3 minutes ago, trikk said:

I prefer the Lady but that's because my Guild is the good Guild. The other guy looks a bit like a psychotic killer but will most likely fit the theme of Lucius or McMourning

Guy definitely goes with McCabe and the black sheep. Also McMourning may or may not want the investigator who snaps her gloves as well. Does she fit right in, or is she competition? ;)

I don't think Hoffman wants either of them around, but that's ok, they aren't constructs and I already have more than enough stompybots to fill his crews anyway.

3 hours ago, so_diogenes said:

I think the art is great, it evokes emotion which it's supposed to. I hate the male investigator because the art makes him look like a total sleaze ball. Great job wyrd artist (who's name I don't remember)!  @Alyssa!!

But that's the point really isn't it? If you read the investigator's card he screams corrupt guard to me. This concept totally fits in my mind. 

Stinking Guild thinking they're better than everyone else...... ;) 

13 hours ago, Stonewall78 said:

The concept is bad or the artist is? I think the execution of both models are perfect. You have the tall female snobbish looking guild investigator and the short stubby "I am stealing this body" looking one. I think both fit into the guild look while adding some variations. I like that both where not of the same height as not all people are. Seeing the changes done digitally are incredible as I would not be able to do such things other than cut and paste.

Keep up the good work Wyrd.

Totally agree, I like the feeling they give "so, you are going to be guilty even if we need to provide the body". I mean, the guy could be stealing the body or placing it in order to frame somebody. Definitely, two thumbs up, amazing art! 

3 hours ago, Jam Warrior said:

I like.  What did these guys generally do again?  Playtest rules have been removed.

In the last play test doc I have, they're a Guardsman minion with some marker shenanigans (scheme, corpse, and scrap) and they've got a damageless attack that prevents a model from taking the same action twice during an activation. 

• Like 1

Well, when I first saw him, I really disliked him.  Can't fault @Alyssa, who once again is a true talent!  But I really didn't like his face that looks like a child and that grin is just nightmare-inducing horrific!  Once again, reading other people's reviews have sold me on him (that and seeing the other one n the video!)

Now, I think the encapsulate the two sides of the Guild perfectly.  You've got Sleazeball McGee (TM) who'll be right at home with Lucius, McCabe & (especially McMourning).  Then there's Private-school Headmistress Stern (or Orphanage Maam Stern) who provides the straight-laced Rod up the heinie has a rod up its heinie who'll suit Lady J & Hoffman.  Sonnia, Perdita & Nellie, I don't see either working with.  While not corrupt, I highly doubt they'd appreciate someone looking too closely... 

So now I think they're great!