TOS figs for Mali?

My community really didn't show any interest in the TOS, large scale games is the reason we play Malifaux, because we like skirmish games. I am very excited to get the minis to use as prizes and proxies for our Malifaux events. This is the first time I can finally get a large number of official wyrd minis for use in malifaux. I am pretty hype for that alone.  

• Like 1

I'd bet that some proxying will be considered okay, especially if you make it clear (write Illuminated on the base, or colour them the same as your other Illuminateds for example).  We haven't heard any mention on whether you can buy specific models from a unit, but maybe one day we'll get special edition one-off's of them or something like that?  Especially with Guild as an Allegiance now, you could probably get some cool sculpts to use in their army too.

This is just rampant speculation, but I imagine it will be hard to get individual figures outside of special occurrences such as the "bonus models" they do for certain months - maybe they'll promote TOS with bonus model pack-ins for Malifaux, with suggestions for what Malifaux model you could use it as?  I think most TOs would permit suitably converted TOS models, as they don't have any exact parallels in Malifaux, making it harder for the opponent to be mistaken about what they might be, plus they fit the criteria of being mostly Wyrd product.

In the end, I suspect your best bet will be to find other people who are interested in doing the exact same thing, then hashing it out how to divide a retail set.

Yeah, I don't see them releasing singles models anytime soon. They might, but at this stage I don't see it exactly being a priority for the team.

As far as proxying itself goes, I don't see it being a problem as long as the model is fairly obvious in what it's representing. Gibbering Horde models might make good stand-ins for Silurid models. Personally I was toying with the idea of using something like Abyssina's Marauders or King's Hand's Motor Scout as a proxy for McCabe(mostly because I can't stand the McCabe model.), although I'm not sure what I'd use for dismounted McCabe.

now that I think about it. Fenton might make an interesting gender-flipped model for Kaeris.

It would be pretty dope if Wyrd released alternate model stat card decks that would allow using TOS in Malifaux or vice versa. They could just use the rules of some existing models in a fashion similar to Miss models and the likes.

I don't think it would even affect the sales negatively in the long run.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Myyrä said:

It would be pretty dope if Wyrd released alternate model stat card decks that would allow using TOS in Malifaux or vice versa. They could just use the rules of some existing models in a fashion similar to Miss models and the likes.

I'd love to see this too. People have mentioned Warped working as Illuminated, but there's a pile of others. Hell, you could probably make an alright Guild crew just by proxying Kings Empire minis. Mind you if they don't, I and likely others will do it in an unofficial sense anyway. 

Limited or Miss models that have rules for both systems would be awesome too. I kind of suspect that will be on the cards once TOS is officially out, provided whatever they come up with makes sense within both game systems.

Finally, am I the only one who is thinking of using a Titan as a kind of objective/terrain piece for a Malifaux story scenario? ;)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Rathnard said:

I'd love to see this too. People have mentioned Warped working as Illuminated, but there's a pile of others. Hell, you could probably make an alright Guild crew just by proxying Kings Empire minis. Mind you if they don't, I and likely others will do it in an unofficial sense anyway. 

Limited or Miss models that have rules for both systems would be awesome too. I kind of suspect that will be on the cards once TOS is officially out, provided whatever they come up with makes sense within both game systems.

Finally, am I the only one who is thinking of using a Titan as a kind of objective/terrain piece for a Malifaux story scenario? ;)

I was once making rules for that as an encounter set. :)

On 7/18/2017 at 2:42 PM, Rathnard said:

I was thinking more of having two Titans fighting, but not controlled by either player, but also count as blocking, unclimbable terrain. Unfortunately the lack of scatter die makes it hard to do things like random movement, and flipping cards would use up precious cards from someones deck.

Mayhaps have 6 actions each can do during a turn based on suits and jokers, and have a separate fate deck off to the side that each player flips one card for each before the Initiative step. Things like, Rams might place a 1" (they're already 100mm bases, can't make it too big) hazardous terrain aura around the other Titan to represent it being hit by a devastating ranged attack, Masks might let the player who flipped push it up to 6", stuff like that. If you want to get fun with modular terrain, pushing into terrain could ruin the terrain, like taking a section of a walkway out.

Gives the impression that these enormous Titans really don't care about what's going on at their feet as they square off with each other, but those crews still have a job to do, and they're going to do it!

23 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I was thinking more of having two Titans fighting, but not controlled by either player, but also count as blocking, unclimbable terrain.

Ooh, I like it!

You  don't need to make it too complicated - maybe at the end of each turn the Titans both flip a card, with the higher winning that round and doing something to the other based on the suit. Stuff like pushing them back, tearing off chunks to create 50mm terrain markers or dealing additional damage to other nearby models. 

In fact, why stop at Titans? You could even add 1-2 TOS squads on each side and have the Malifaux crews attempting to achieve their mission in the middle of a warzone. Basically have the fireteams count as blocking terrain with soft cover, and at the end of each turn the players flip for each fireteam to see what they do. Again, stuff like moving and shooting other fireteams (to damage nearby crew models). It'd play like having mobile, intermitently hazardous terrain on the field. :)

• Like 3

On 22/07/2017 at 7:46 AM, Rathnard said:

Ooh, I like it!

You  don't need to make it too complicated - maybe at the end of each turn the Titans both flip a card, with the higher winning that round and doing something to the other based on the suit. Stuff like pushing them back, tearing off chunks to create 50mm terrain markers or dealing additional damage to other nearby models. 

In fact, why stop at Titans? You could even add 1-2 TOS squads on each side and have the Malifaux crews attempting to achieve their mission in the middle of a warzone. Basically have the fireteams count as blocking terrain with soft cover, and at the end of each turn the players flip for each fireteam to see what they do. Again, stuff like moving and shooting other fireteams (to damage nearby crew models). It'd play like having mobile, intermitently hazardous terrain on the field. :)

Even simpler, base what each does from the initative flip of the person, so on a crow they walk one way, on a mask, the area around them counts as hazadous, on a ram, they shoot some kind of blast weapon, hurting everything within x of the other titan, and on a tome they  walk another way. 

• Like 1