Summer 2017?

skaroreg

"Learning The Other Side" is one of the listed Wyrd Events at GenCon, which schedules two hour blocks for playing the game (outside of walk-up demos) and there's a nudge about GenCon reveals. Other than that, we go off of updates through official channels: the newsletter from today doesn't show any TOS stuff in the July/August release schedule and the kickstarter/backerkit doesn't show anything sooner than what @solkan mentioned.

We saw Aaron holding what I think was a test copy of the actual book, and they've been showing off minis at a good clip, but I'm personally anticipating December or later, if only for the sheer logistics involved. There's 1600 backers and organizing and double checking every backer's pledge even once they get all the stuff in is liable to take...weeks? of work. We're probably talking six digits worth of miniatures alone.

Usually it's a good idea to assume later than earlier for Kickstarter shipments, just since we're talking about such an enormous amount of product needing to be ready and moving at the same time.  While it'd be amazing for them to ship early, I'm expecting December / January to be a reasonable starting point for the shipments.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I'm new here and I'm very excited about Malifaux! The guy who teached me how to play, said there is a cool variation of Malifaux with giant robots and monsters! So I came to kickstarter anf found the other side, but it ended(( And no information about date of release! When it'll apper in regular stores? 

• Like 1

So, funny story, I just got back from my local game store where I was checking to see if my copy of Through the Breach 2e was in only to be told that their distributor had sent the wrong books. That's when he pulled out two copies of The Other Side. 

Somewhere along the line a couple of books that must have been planned for Gencon ended up here. Obviously they are getting sent back but I got a few minutes to look through one. They look gorgeous. Just getting bigger pictures of my body horror burning brethren made me so happy, as did the little "coming soon" teaser in the back. I'm not sure if I can mention what it was. Waiting just got so much harder.

Also I'm grumpy that I need to keep waiting for TTB2e. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, spooky_squirrel said:

and help @Aaron and company feel really good about their newest product too. I don't know if the Raised In Backerkit section is updating or not, but it would be slick to hit another milestone. In any case, the link @retnab couldn't provide is: https://the-other-side.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Thanks a lot! I'm going right there!

• Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 3:06 PM, retnab said:

If you search for backerkit the other side (on my phone, can't hunt the link down atm), they're still accepting late backers so you can get in on that sweet bundle pricing still!

Yup. Keep meaning to do that with a dual commander box so I can start running demos at my store ASAP, but something keeps coming up, financially, every time I have the spare money. seems I'm doomed.