Wyrd Chronicles 30

Lucidicide

1 hour ago, spect_spidey said:

I was hoping for another building on a budget article, but this is two issues in a row without it. So I guess the goal of doing each faction within the year was scrapped? I had really wanted to see the Outcasts breakdown.

Good to know someone has been enjoying those! There was a specific author doing them, and he's been tied up recently. I would guess they would return, but that's why they stopped.

Loved this issue. The terrain article was great, I'm a huge fluff fan so having three stories was awesome - especially one with my favorite character Lady Justice.

Alt Taylor looks sweet and I like Sybelle too. I'm definitely going to have to buy some stuff come Gencon. Gotta support Justice!

16 hours ago, LordZombie said:

Kinda feel we got let down on the Miss again this year. For me, Miss Deeds is right on par with Miss Ery. Also feel it ruins the whole tradition of the Miss line all together. 

How so? Is it the female to female thing? There's been a female to female Miss before, Miss Pack.

1 hour ago, Astelan86 said:

One question, if I purchase the crazy Cat Lady via the wyrd online shop (which I must have) will I be able to optain alt Sybelle (which I must have too) with this order?

Best regards

Astelan

I'm going to guess this will be a no, as the terms and conditions in the offer say only local game stores count. 

25 minutes ago, LordZombie said:

Guess you do have a point. Still a little disappoint. So many other possibles. 

I like the picks for the alts, I think it is a brilliant decision to make alts for models that are only found in crew boxes since it will tap into two markets:
1 - the collector's that already catch 'em all. 
2 - the players that want that awesome model that is only normally found in a crew box. 

For me, I fall into both groups. I like the Taelor alt. I already have the Viks box, it was my first purchased, second painted from about 6 years ago, so the paint job is dated at this point. This gets me an updated Taelor without having to buy a crew box that never really spoke to me (I also have the Alt metal Viks, which are the best Vik models, in my opinion).

I hope this is a sign of what's to come for alts of the future (would love to see an Alt Judge)

1 hour ago, MunkyMuddFace said:

I like the picks for the alts, I think it is a brilliant decision to make alts for models that are only found in crew boxes since it will tap into two markets:
1 - the collector's that already catch 'em all. 
2 - the players that want that awesome model that is only normally found in a crew box. 

For me, I fall into both groups. I like the Taelor alt. I already have the Viks box, it was my first purchased, second painted from about 6 years ago, so the paint job is dated at this point. This gets me an updated Taelor without having to buy a crew box that never really spoke to me (I also have the Alt metal Viks, which are the best Vik models, in my opinion).

I hope this is a sign of what's to come for alts of the future (would love to see an Alt Judge)

As in a Miss Trait...huh? :)

New to the game and have been obsessively buying models and now I have something new to digest!  I just went to RPG and downloaded the whole library... so I've got some reading to do.  I obviously have no idea what's happening in the fight with Lady J and Nico, but Lady J was my first purchase and Nico is the master the player in my metta used to smack me around with... so I REALLY hope she kills his a$$.  

1 hour ago, L14u0YkcuF said:

What will happen to the loser master in the duel between Lady J and Nico? Will they get killed off in the story and their models become obsolete?

Considering that Nicodem has already died once (got a cool avatar model out of the deal) and Lady Justice has starred in the old Dead Justice alternate box, I don't think getting killed is the sort of thing that results in a model becoming obsolete.

2 hours ago, L14u0YkcuF said:

What will happen to the loser master in the duel between Lady J and Nico? Will they get killed off in the story and their models become obsolete?

Maybe Nico will lose his other leg in the fight and Lady J will get smacked so hard in the head she regains her sight.

On 12/07/2017 at 8:28 PM, Adran said:

I'm going to guess this will be a no, as the terms and conditions in the offer say only local game stores count. 

Which is why those of us in countries where all Malifaux is bought online nend to pressgang or strong arm local stores into supporting wyrd and malifaux.

Otherwise were stuck watching ebay and getting absolutely bollocked by their overseas postage costs.

Really wanting that Sybelle and at Hamelin,  not too fussed by the others at the moment.

On 7/14/2017 at 0:37 PM, Vorschlag said:

Which is why those of us in countries where all Malifaux is bought online nend to pressgang or strong arm local stores into supporting wyrd and malifaux.

I'm in the same boat.  Living in Osaka means I may have to get super creative to get a hold of that Sybelle.... grrr.  It's not even about strong arming here, LGSs don't exist. We have hobby shops, but all they carry are huge robots or scantly dressed anime girls (though they do have the citadel paints, oddly enough... otherwise I'd be screwed from both ends).  

Anyone want to trade a receipt for random souvenirs from Japan ;)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shock & Awe said:

I'm in the same boat.  Living in Osaka means I may have to get super creative to get a hold of that Sybelle.... grrr.  It's not even about strong arming here, LGSs don't exist. We have hobby shops, but all they carry are huge robots or scantly dressed anime girls (though they do have the citadel paints, oddly enough... otherwise I'd be screwed from both ends).  

Anyone want to trade a receipt for random souvenirs from Japan ;)  

Where in Osaka are you? I'm in Kyoto and again, same boat... I pretty much try to only do one big order a year for Black Friday. 

As said LGS don't really exist in Japan (the hobby supplies stores are amazing for tools and paints though)... And awesome if you never grew out of the Slaanesh worship... (it's very sad actually). 

So yeah, I've been complaining about the LGS (and the community token thing, can't remember the name, since forever (I think it's a great idea, but they're always people it hurts)... 

14 hours ago, Sobek said:

Is Wyrd not doing any pre-releases at Gencon this year? I know they'd mentioned special promotions like their periodic holiday sales, but I didn't know if that also applied to their Gencon booth as well.

In page 5 of this month's Chronicles it says, and I quote:  

"New releases - We are continuing to release
models from Ripples of Fate, and we'll
have some content from Broken Promises
available at GenCon this year.
"

Now, for what that content might be, we'll have to wait until the Gen Con product list is published, but I wouldn't expect everything since Wyrd supports the local stores and it wouldn't help if we bought everything at the Gen Con and nothing at our local store. 

On 14/07/2017 at 4:37 AM, Vorschlag said:

Otherwise were stuck watching ebay and getting absolutely bollocked by their overseas postage costs.

Really wanting that Sybelle and at Hamelin,  not too fussed by the others at the moment.

So far they have sold all the "free" models at sales like Black Friday and Easter, so yes postage is not great for you, (or me), but the models aren't locked away from those thta don't have local stores. 

For those of us who can't make it to GenCon, will some of these items be available on the webstore? Is there an actual sale during GenCon or is it more of making alternate sculpt models available in the online store during GenCon? I am curious as I am trying to figure what I want to get in order to get the Miss Deed. Of course if there are some sale prices, then I can buy more! I already have my August purchases figured out for my local store to get the alt Sybelle. 

1 hour ago, spect_spidey said:

For those of us who can't make it to GenCon, will some of these items be available on the webstore? Is there an actual sale during GenCon or is it more of making alternate sculpt models available in the online store during GenCon? I am curious as I am trying to figure what I want to get in order to get the Miss Deed. Of course if there are some sale prices, then I can buy more! I already have my August purchases figured out for my local store to get the alt Sybelle. 

Wyrd don't discount their stuff. Their "sales" allow purchasing of limited edition stuff and pre release stuff (although less of this now) that you otherwise couldn't buy. As Aaron said they have always put on the webstore the same stuff that you could buy at Gencon (at least since malifauxs first birthday gencon when I've been buying them).