Monday Preview - July 10th

Nef

Well, I bought Hamelin and Brotherhood earlier this spring, but this is too good not to pass up. The cat brigade will be coming out for story tournaments and games at the very least, since what serious stories need is an old lady wandering around and calling people "dearie" :D

One master. Three reasonably identical totems.

...I think I want to use this for the base of one of the more horrifying conversions possible, and still field my stompybots alongside Marlena. :o Catbominations, anyone?

1 minute ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

I'm curious what details Chronicles will give, but for now I'm choosing to believe there is an alternate realty Plague that ascended as Curiosity instead

Plague wouldn't have become a Tyrant if he weren't curiously experimenting...

Hamelin wouldn't have become Plague the Tyrant if he weren't curiously exploring...

Seems plausible.

2 hours ago, LunarSol said:

Bah.  Hamelin has been a line in the sand for me for years.  Do not cross, no matter how tempting.  Only madness there I says.  And now madness awaits with fluffy arms. :(

Right there with you mate, I'd never been grabbed by the Hamelin concept and he was on my list of "not going there masters".

Well bugger this has grabbed me firmly by all four flying paws, it's.... simply superb.  I am not even going to try and resist, damn it, damn it all to hell, I embrace the madness.

I mean does anything get more Malifaux and nightmarish then the cat, I would be unsurprised to discover that cats are originally Neverborn minions who infiltrated Earth to subvert and twist simple humans to whatever nefarious goals the cat-species possess.

Love it, and its going to hurt my wallet GenCon and Black Friday, damn that shipping to Australia :mellow:, but at least I know and can begin the saving.  

5 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Yes there will be a Cat-herders box, with Princess and some additional cats ... just they will show up by Black Friday to round out the crew proper. Otherwise it's just a 'bit' too much to toss into one box all at once. 

Is that one Princess or two? Some find two Rat Kings isn't enoughm a single Rat King would definitely be too few.

36 minutes ago, dancater said:

Right there with you mate, I'd never been grabbed by the Hamelin concept and he was on my list of "not going there masters".

Oh, I've always been grabbed by the concept to.  I just didn't want to buy in to the "non-Merc" half of the faction and Hamelin was just that guy who said, "common, just one more master, you can stop after that".  I should just go ahead and order nightmare Tara at this sale, because I'm pretty devoid of willpower at this point. :(

56 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

I like that Nightmare editions have changed from 'big scary' version of a model to just being Wyrds outlet for crazy.

With you all the way on that....what a great looking set....obviously the cats will all need their ears and noses glueing on....I have absolutely no need for these figures and so I absolutely must have them as soon as possible

Oh sweet god I do not even want to contemplate the assembly process that this set may involve, tiny cat legs, minute ears and micro-thin tails.  The renders need to be seen but in a different way this could rival last years infamous nightmare McCabe box (which I resisted) for intimidating assembly.

Perhaps Wyrd is running two separate concepts of the term nightmare box:

1) The stuff of our collective gaming minds twisted nightmare dream imaginations for creativity. In which case this set hit it out of the park for me 10/10.

2) [Potentially] the nightmare of multi-part plastic models with incredibly delicate pieces and complex construction which create a nightmare of snipping from sprues, assembly and construction so significant as to warrant potential PTSD counselling after they are assembled and painted.

But honestly, fears aside still going to buy this box.  I declare Malifaux 2018 Fear the Kitten, it is a soulless killing machine of cuteness, claws and fluffy fur.