Stance on Homebrew Characters / Models on the Forums?

Hey, so I've got a bit of an odd question for you today.

After seeing the requirements on the Game Designer opening, I got to thinking about making some homebrew Malifaux / TOS characters that I could offer (I'm in Canada not the U.S. so I can't apply, tragically).  I came up with a couple (and really enjoyed the process of coming up with stuff! :D ) and I thought it'd be a shame not to share some of them in one form or another, but I also don't want to necessarily post the homebrews on the forums if it means that some of the ideas within the characters might not get used if a non-employee put them together / publicly posted them / whatever other reason.

So, are homebrew characters the sort of thing that I should be posting on the forums, emailing / messaging over to you kind folks, or just keeping to myself instead? :)

I can't speak for Wyrd, but other companies generally have a disclaimer that they cannot consider anything publicly posted or submitted by a non-employee, likely to head off lawsuits if someone were to claim the company "stole" the idea. "Stealing" the idea may or may not be legally defensible, I've not see any case law on it, but even a lawsuit that results in a victory for the company still carries time and legal fees.

We had a thread a while back on "what would you like to see for Malifaux", and people posted a lot of general concepts there. That sort of thing seems a lot easier for companies to mine since taking a general concept and developing it is a lot safer. But then, I'm not a lawyer.

I'd just go ahead and post it somewhere for people to admire, and if Wyrd really wants to use it, they'd probably send some sort of legal form to transfer pertinent rights from you to them.