Malifaux video game

I think the story from book 4 M1.5 would have been perfect for a crime solving Rail-roaded problem solving "rpg" like -broken sword-

dGMv9w19zfBWXcNv8fb_5F7wJipMRfMzdesAZRwR

The game could in theory be developed to a top down version of malifaux like an upgraded version of Vassel I imagine models turns looking something like MTG Battlemage and combat actions being animated like something out of battle chess.
MagicTheGatheringBattlemage-Screenshot02ca017c71a8ca5073065c7b8edc8bf8db.png

If they wanted to do TTB as an rpg I would only pray it doesnt turn into a hack and slash where you can power game skills etc, I'd certainly prefer something a lot darker and more survival based, thinking somewhere between "another world" and "fatal frame"

PAos6AQ_PgFf1MHmXYZCKerY8pTJzusL0dXAnvRQ 

latest?cb=20120330023806

But I'm possibly impossible to please

• Like 2

I'd love to see an RPG.

The characters and setting really resonate for me, so to get the most out of that it would have to be something with a lot of dialogue and interactions.

The obvious choice would be something like Warmachine: Tactics, but I'd hope not.  Warmachine is heavily influenced by the clean rules and competitive nature of the game and suits a turn based strategy game way more than Malifaux (in my opinion).

We have Through The Breach on tabletops...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd love an RPG.

Starting off as a nobody the story could be your progression to a Master and how you gathered your crew.

Perhaps even starting off as a blank slate, and through mission/character development choices you moved into a specific faction.

There could be interesting cameos from existing characters.

• 2 months later...

Only if it was completely different from anything that Wyrd has going, or plans on going.  Keeping the same universe is fine, but usually a game that is too related to the actual game it took to PC turns out bad for both the original game, and the new program.  

Example: I really don't enjoy Warmachine's tactics game.  They use models from their tabletop but changed abilities and how the models move/operate together in a way that always felt frustrating to me.

Feel free to disagree, but I rather they do something just keeping the main themes and lore without stomping all over the original IP.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Bit of a necro but I think it would be a good setting for a heavyweight Rimworld mod.

Rimworld is already sci-fi west, so many of the core concepts are already mostly there and just the sci-fi assets would need to be modded out or reskinned.

There are also a lot of other mods that show that features could be added.  The zombieland mod shows what quarantine zone map tiles could be made to be like.  JecsTools adds spell casting/activated abilities.

Was looking at the documentation for modding it yesterday and it looks super easy to mod currently, and the next release should take the game out of beta.