Broken Promises teaser

Lucidicide

8 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Like our other stat and Upgrade cards for Malifaux, they will not be made free online.

Here's an oddball question: Will the new upgrades for the masters be included in their box sets going forward? Like if you buy a Von Schill box in 2018, it'd have those 2 upgrades included?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DocSchlock said:

On Justice at the End of a Blade, it says this model gets a :+fate on all flips against the target model until the end of the turn.

What does the nebulous "against" mean here? Is being attacked by the model "against" the model, so the positive applies to all flips dealing with that model?

Swordfighter is incredible though - can't wait to see the rest.

Why is it nebulous? :)

every time you have an opposed duel with that model, you flip a card against it :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tris said:

every time you have an opposed duel with that model, you flip a card against it :)

Well, that's not what it says. Hence the question. I think the real question is: does this work for damage flips? Or do damage flips not count as "against" the model? 

4 minutes ago, Tris said:

Because "against" isn't a clear term when we're talking about model interactions. For example, your assumption of opposed duels only - the wording of the rule doesn't support that. If Lady J could trigger flips against the model outside of a duel, the rule would modify it too due to the wording. Are all flips generated by Lady J towards the model in question against that model?

EDIT: "against" probably is best interpreted as "towards the model, controlled by Lady J" here. This rule boosts her Riposte ability greatly and I'm all for it.

So there's Lilith, Von Schill (though he doesn't look like he used to look), Perdita(???), Toni, Misaki, Lenny(?!?), and a bearded and grey version of McMourning(?!?).

...why does only Toni look like herself (well, and Misaki because she's wearing a veil)?

And why everyone else gets Masters (maybe) except Gremlins?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

So there's Lilith, Von Schill (though he doesn't look like he used to look), Perdita(???), Toni, Misaki, Lenny(?!?), and a bearded and grey version of McMourning(?!?).

...why does only Toni look like herself (well, and Misaki because she's wearing a veil)?

And why everyone else gets Masters (maybe) except Gremlins?

The Masters have been going through a lot of stuff since their pictures in books 1 and 2, with the vignettes in book 4 showing how drastic it has been. The art reflects that. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

Ahem.

876621_md-.JPG

I mean, we've seen the sculpt. but haven't gotten anything since last I checked. I'm sure it's coming; but Wyrd is a small company and things like that are pretty slow going.

7 minutes ago, Kyris said:

I mean, we've seen the sculpt. but haven't gotten anything since last I checked. I'm sure it's coming; but Wyrd is a small company and things like that are pretty slow going.

But I never said anything about release dates, just that they don't tease new art for a character without having a new miniature planned. Not sure why that was jumped on because of Lazarus and Nekima just because we don't have a release date?

4 hours ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

so I guess all the upgrades will come out in a new general upgrade deck then?

Pity they weren't 'faction specific' upgrade decks to save money...

anyway, I'm keen.  Seems a fair deviation from how the updates were done in the past but I'm excited!

7 packs of 16 upgrades vs 1 pack of 90 cards. (Assuming the duel faction masters don't get 2 different upgrades per faction)

I'm pretty sure I'll save money on it being 1 big pack. (I don't have a clue on actual costing of these things but shifting loyalties was $18  for 193 cards, the cheapest we've seen a card deck is $8. Buying 1 factions upgrades on print on demand would be $8, I'd guess that as a product it would be $5-6 so chances are in you need 3 or more factions you'll save money on 1 set over 3. Savings on packaging, and shelf space

Plus I'm still hoping that it contains the errata'd cards from January. 

53 minutes ago, Daysleeper said:

Question from a stupid european who can't come to the event anyway ... When is gencon gonna be?

Also, will the Book and Statcards (maybe in a Arsenalbox) be availlable through the online store?

Stat cards are in the book and with the models, and upgrades are in generalist upgrade decks. Arsenal decks are gone.

Going by previous gencons, the book will be available in limited quantities, the generalist upgrade deck should be available, and maybe some early releases of upcoming kits.

10 hours ago, -Loki- said:

But I never said anything about release dates, just that they don't tease new art for a character without having a new miniature planned. Not sure why that was jumped on because of Lazarus and Nekima just because we don't have a release date?

I mean I was just taking the piss.

8 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Stat cards are in the book and with the models, and upgrades are in generalist upgrade decks. Arsenal decks are gone.

Going by previous gencons, the book will be available in limited quantities, the generalist upgrade deck should be available, and maybe some early releases of upcoming kits.

How's that work out for legality of the upgrades? Are upgrades and stat cards from a book that was available briefly and in limited quantities legal for tournament play?