Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kaptain_Konrad said:

I used overwatch as a single example to support that other games have gone through the same situation. I'm not defending the game from not including gay characters, I'm defending people trying to change what writers write. We don't have full control, but companies do tend to pander to people who spout enough, and there is where I have an issue.

I'm just going to head out and hopefully let this die out. I wish you all a good day.

But, that's what people always do about every topic. Like, people communicate likes and dislikes to content creators. If I say "I'd like to see more stories features Von Schill" would you think that's me trying to dictate what the writers write to? Would you be calling me out on it?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, it's hinted at here and there, you just have to look to find it. Like religion, that's one of those that I don't feel needs to be used to whack folks upside the head with.  For me, personally I

For what it's worth, the representations of Tara and Karina in The Dead Man's Ball (from Shifting Loyalties) were based on my aunt and her partner who had been a couple since the 1960s - they were the

This was very much a feature of my aunts' relationship, sadly. They lived together in an era with a heavy social stigma for female homosexuality (when male homosexuality was outright illegal), so they

5 hours ago, Astrella said:

But, that's what people always do about every topic. Like, people communicate likes and dislikes to content creators. If I say "I'd like to see more stories features Von Schill" would you think that's me trying to dictate what the writers write to? Would you be calling me out on it?

I wonder if Gatreaux Bokor will now forever be known as the model they forced onto the game because people were hoping for new voodoo themed Gremlins :P 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I wonder if Gatreaux Bokor will now forever be known as the model they forced onto the game because people were hoping for new voodoo themed Gremlins :P 

Often times, it plays out something like this:

Fans: "We want more voodoo Gremlins in the game!"

Designers:  "Oh, that would be cool, wouldn't it?"

 

Just because the fans want something doesn't mean that it's forced on us. We're fans, too. :P

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dogmantra said:

And yet my insistence on more the Mountain Goats references goes unanswered. You're tearing me apart Mason ;_;

Haha! Marcus needs a goat! It could be frozen heart or a domesticated guild mascot. More goats for the people!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Haha! Marcus needs a goat! It could be frozen heart or a domesticated guild mascot. More goats for the people!

Now that you say it...that would be kind of awesome.  Maybe unimpeded with a push trigger on its melee attack and a :+fate to damage on the charge.  Dammit, mountain goats would be so cool.  :mellow:

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Later that very same day 7 new models with goat theme, one for each faction, were added to the game in the short 'Got Goat?' Malifaux 2E expansion. Then... the 'LGBT characters?' thread exploded."

From the book Memories of a Forum Survivor, chapter 8 - Good god, got goat?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 4:27 PM, retnab said:

As has been brought up multiple times in this thread, there's no forcing happening here, and there are already canonically gay characters (and at least one Master), so...

No need for intellectual dishonesty. You know very well that he's not suggesting people are putting a gun to a developers head and "forcing" them. He's suggesting people are attempting to cohere designers to do something that they may not want to do for the purpose of pleasing a select few. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Some are just here to point out that the wheel doesn't need greasing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broken Clock said:

No need for intellectual dishonesty. You know very well that he's not suggesting people are putting a gun to a developers head and "forcing" them. He's suggesting people are attempting to cohere designers to do something that they may not want to do for the purpose of pleasing a select few. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Some are just here to point out that the wheel doesn't need greasing.

It's intellectually dishonest to assume when he explicitly used the word forced that he meant it? Ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broken Clock said:

No need for intellectual dishonesty. You know very well that he's not suggesting people are putting a gun to a developers head and "forcing" them. He's suggesting people are attempting to cohere designers to do something that they may not want to do for the purpose of pleasing a select few. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Some are just here to point out that the wheel doesn't need greasing.

Maybe you should take your own intellectual dishonesty advice. ;)

I, and others interested in having less ambiguous LGBT characters, aren't trying to coerce the writers into anything.  I'm just expressing my desire to see LGBT characters.

The Red Rising trilogy does it quite well.  There are a few characters who are unambiguously LGBT but are introduced as such very subtly.  I felt more connected and immersed in the world as a result.  While the world is fictional, it seems more based in reality.  It also means a lot to me to see an LGBT character.   Regardless, it is 100% possible to have a well written character who happens to be LGBT in a way that is clearly stated, unambiguous, yet subtle.  That's all I'm asking.  If the writers don't want to do it, then that's fine.  

  • Like 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 years later...
  • Durza locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information