rule about extra attacks from triggers not getting triggers?

colron

4 minutes ago, colron said:

Does anyone know where the rule about extra attacks from triggers not getting triggers is at? If the card does not say "this attack may not declare triggers" it does? Please help settle this dispute between my friend and I

You're correct. The general rule is that triggers continue to be viable, but in practice they're often forbidden in the trigger's own text.

My personal rule of thumb is that Arcanist models have a slightly higher chance to have infinite loop extra-attack triggers: rail golem, sabertooth cerberus, steam arachnid swarm.

Whoever is losing the argument may want to look into models which strip suits from actions or deny triggers, such as Freikorps librarian. ;)

3 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

You're correct. The general rule is that triggers continue to be viable, but in practice they're often forbidden in the trigger's own text.

My personal rule of thumb is that Arcanist models have a slightly higher chance to have infinite loop extra-attack triggers: rail golem, sabertooth cerberus, steam arachnid swarm.

Whoever is losing the argument may want to look into models which strip suits from actions or deny triggers, such as Freikorps librarian. ;)

Steam arachnid swarm doesn't really count. Also doesn't the Blessed of December have one? Or maybe snow storm.

10 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Steam arachnid swarm doesn't really count. Also doesn't the Blessed of December have one? Or maybe snow storm.

Blessed yes, Snow Storm has the same trigger as Rasputina (Overpower).

Cerberus and Rail Golem also doesn't have built in suits so Hannah/Librarian aura wont do anything to their ability to do several attacks (Rail Golem has one to get more burning, but it's quite easy to stack up some burning in advance).

17 hours ago, colron said:

Does anyone know where the rule about extra attacks from triggers not getting triggers is at? If the card does not say "this attack may not declare triggers" it does? Please help settle this dispute between my friend and I

Just to be clear 

This rule does not exist. So there is nowhere we can point to about it. 

Some triggers forbid you declaring further triggers from the actions that they create, but that is the exception, and those triggers have the rules added to them to not allow it. 

Its very rare that these "infinte" triggers have all their requirements built into the attack, and its also rare that they occur on models that can spend soulstones. But there are certainly exceptions to that. (Try facing Mei feng when she has stopped 2 of your models from being pushed away from her (eitehr by Terrain, or just standing someone behind them) and see how many attacks she can generate with her claws. The triggers can go on until she misses or fails to damage.)