Monthly painting challenge 2017 -- July

prof_bycid

Ok, lots of stuff to do. Probably won't get very far in this list, but I'll just post them anyway in no particular order, so I can just copy and paste most of it next month. :D

- Mature Nephilim (11 SS) (yes, again. can't bring myself to start painting, kinda got burned out on Nephilim with the young ones)

- Aeslin (9 SS)

- The Gorar (3 SS)

- 3 Waldgeists (3x 6 SS)

- The Claw (7 SS)

- The Tooth (7 SS)

- The Thorn (7 SS)

Ok, so for the pledge, let's be realistic: Gorar + Aeslin + 1 of the autumn knights = 19 SS. I'd be happy with that result, plus maybe all the bases finished or something...

dUClrFw.jpg

Hello monthly challenge painters!

I will have a WIP photo up soon.  When you get a chance, check that I have your models painted tally correct at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUeZczizoFoMjwVDcJVpJtYkKiRvTOf5HpniRHrmijU/edit?usp=sharing .  If anything is amiss, just let me know, and I will make it right.

Is it too early to say that my September pledge will be something from the new nightmare Hamelin box?  :)

I spent a few hours trying to make Rougarou's fur look partly decayed and messy and after layers of different glazes it looks like this at the moment (you can't really tell that a lot of green and purples hues were added there). It should pop more when I paint the bones and add details on their bases.

rougarou_wip_1.jpg

• Like 6

Hello all!
It's not "a start" of the month already, but i just noticed the topic and i see it as a great motivation to finish some unpainted models! :) So here we are, some puppets, swamp fiends, nightmares and a dead girl. Don't pay attention on Carl and Rick, they just passing by :) Will do my best to finish as much of those models till the end of the month as i can. And will also improve the quality of finished models photos as well :)

LXXOXB2y0ZbKN6MItpj1YgmmTcS2CXsQWQxECIFw

Viks are done!

medium.596a8e966114e_Vikscomplete.JPG.4b

Unfortuately, I miscalculated my SS for the month, thinking that Vik of Blood was worth 10 (13 - cache). Not sure why I thought that applied, but so it looks like she is actually worth the printed 0SS. That leaves me at 15SS - 1 point short of my Master pledge level. So... I am gonna toss the old metal Student of conflict in the pile for this month.

medium.596a8e95b7ffc_StudentofConflict.J

Also, way back when I first got into the game (around the time of version 1.5 Book 4), the original Viks box was one of the first Malifaux models I painted. Here is a comparison of my painting then and now.

large.596a921589a6e_Viks-thenandnow.JPG.

• Like 5

@MunkyMuddFace I would give you more than 0 for that model.  I think we ran into this last year, and decided on a SS-painted value for something like this.  Will try to dig up what that was.  But in the meantime, I think you should be good.

@MunkyMuddFace I went with the SS-cache, so you are at 25 SS painted for July.

• Like 1

@Viruk Those Rougarou look great ! 

@prof_bycid Really like your models this month......

...after an avalanche of work this has been my first look at the forum for weeks and despite all my best intentions it has proved impossible to get any painting time in for either June or July...so both my mulligans have now been used...nonetheless I intend to return to the fray in August and will endeavour not to drop out before the end of the year as I have been really enjoying this whole shebang

• Like 3

On 7/15/2017 at 7:52 PM, prof_bycid said:

@MunkyMuddFace I would give you more than 0 for that model.  I think we ran into this last year, and decided on a SS-painted value for something like this.  Will try to dig up what that was.  But in the meantime, I think you should be good.

Good deal, thanks! Still gonna paint the student, i have half a month afterall :)