Undead station

Khameleon

I'm looking to get into running through thed breach and have had two players create characters.  One flipped his station card as undead.  It merely states he's born undead and his parents are undeaf.  Have not seen anything in malifaux or through the breach books that reference this before that woups help the player. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Khameleon said:

I'm looking to get into running through thed breach and have had two players create characters.  One flipped his station card as undead.  It merely states he's born undead and his parents are undeaf.  Have not seen anything in malifaux or through the breach books that reference this before that woups help the player. Thoughts?

Firstly: the undead station states that the parents were undead, not the fated. That being said, a station card is best used to generate a backstory from. Perhaps the parents were killed by a thing and then a resurrectionist brought them back early in the Fated's life. Another idea is to switch to the lifeline tarot (Under Quarantine) if you have access to it.

Thank you that clears it up and will help him build a character background.  I have into the steam and under quarantine on my computer but am hesitant to use the supplements the first campaign.  Want everyone to get used to core mechanics and not overload them at once.

1 minute ago, Khameleon said:

Thank you that clears it up and will help him build a character background.  I have into the steam and under quarantine on my computer but am hesitant to use the supplements the first campaign.  Want everyone to get used to core mechanics and not overload them at once.

Of course I started my players on the basics, but Into The Steam and Under Quarantine does make things more interesting.

• 1 month later...