Sparks + Lazarus...?

Finalscene

Hello to the bayou, I'm new to the forums but I've been playing almost exclusively (Ramos  looked too fun) gremlins since I started playing 2 years ago. While thinking about whether I should pick up Lazarus for wong, I had the idea of cranking him to 11 with Sparks. Since Sparks can give out a condition which adds 'construct' and Lazarus can copy construct actions, with the two of them together, we can copy any 1 action in the game! I might be wrong since I don't have a Lazarus card on me, but he can even copy masters. The idea I had was bigger hat then you off somer but I know there's way more with Lazarus being a mercenary and Sparks able to be used with Mei Feng in TT or Arcanists. What other possible options does this add?

One idea that has been on my mind from the moment I read Spark's card is taking Lazarus and Hans. Make Hans a construct, Assimilate "Smile, You Son of a...," then Autofire three pinging shots into the enemy master without having to worry about To the highest bidder. Granted, it's probably nowhere near the 27ss price tag in terms of effectiveness, but man, wouldn't it be cool to blast all upgrades off the enemy leader in one activation?

• Like 6

This idea intrigued me, so I built a quick (probably bad) list.

• Wong (a gremlins luck + explosive solutions)  
  • Sammy (ooo glowy)
  • Sparks
  • Lazarus <Magical from Wong>
  • Swine cursed x2
  • Mechanized Porkchop

The trick requires 2 6's in hand, one of them a tome (although sparks is a henchman so you can stone for it if necessary)    Mechanized porkchop walks and places a scrap marker.   Sparks consumes that, makes Wong a construct, and gives Lazarus fast.   Lazarus can then shoot 3 times with Wong's Lightning Jump ability, a Cast 7 ability with +1 damage.    You have the 2 swine cursed for scheme running and/or bruiser work, while Sammy is there to jynx anything really dangerous.

Is it good?  almost certainly not.   But it sounds like a REALLY fun time.   And if Lazarus doesn't kill everything, Wong gets a second shot!

Another idea I just had is to take them with Ulix.

Ulix + 6 Pool

- Huntin' Bow (2)
 - Husbandry (3)
 - Corn Husks (2)
Penelope (2)
Trixibelle (8)
Sparks (7)
Lazarus (11)
 - Dirty Cheater (1)
Mechanized Porkchop (7)
Slop Hauler (5)

(exported from CrewFaux)

This list uses Lazarus as a way to get even more pigs out of Ulix. Sparks is there for obvious reasons. Mech-chop is good for moving Ulix around while dropping scrap and buffing your charging pigs. He's also your 50 base for summoning off until you get a war pig or two. Trixie is just making sure Lazarus can keep up with the crew by pushing him with gremlin lure. Use Ulix to summon two piglets off mech-chop then heal them up a bit with proper care and maybe sooey. Slop hauler could help too. Piglets then drop some scheme near Lazarus. Someone else ( maybe even lazzie) drops the third scheme so he can summon war pig from ulix's action. Then he can summon piglets off him or hunting bow a free charge out of him with + to attack and damage from mech-chop aura. Rinse lather repeat until there's charging bacon everywhere.

19 hours ago, Amdor said:

One idea that has been on my mind from the moment I read Spark's card is taking Lazarus and Hans. Make Hans a construct, Assimilate "Smile, You Son of a...," then Autofire three pinging shots into the enemy master without having to worry about To the highest bidder. Granted, it's probably nowhere near the 27ss price tag in terms of effectiveness, but man, wouldn't it be cool to blast all upgrades off the enemy leader in one activation?

I like the idea of Lazarus taking hans' gun from him, popping three shots into enemy master, and just tossing the gun back. "Im programmed to not take bribes."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finalscene said:

Someone else ( maybe even lazzie) drops the third scheme so he can summon war pig from ulix's action. Then he can summon piglets off him or hunting bow a free charge out of him with + to attack and damage from mech-chop aura. Rinse lather repeat until there's charging bacon everywhere.

Laz can't Summon since those actions list a model by name.

3 minutes ago, Finalscene said:

Damn. Is that on his card or is it just a rule?

"(0) Assimilate (Ca 8t / TN: 14t / Rst: Wp / Rg: 8): Select a (1) Action printed on target Construct or one of its Upgrades that does not list a model by name. This model immediately takes the selected Action, but may not declare Triggers."

28 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

"(0) Assimilate (Ca 8t / TN: 14t / Rst: Wp / Rg: 8): Select a (1) Action printed on target Construct or one of its Upgrades that does not list a model by name. This model immediately takes the selected Action, but may not declare Triggers."

Well that hurts the list a bit, but having an extra shot in the rear or sooey is still decent

Assimilate allows you to take 1 extra (1) action, so whilst its a good thing, its not something I think you can really build to abuse. yes, you can potentially buff Lazarus rather than the model with the 1 action, but the fact Lazarus can't declare triggers means that most of the time its going to be similar to giving the original model fast (in over all effect, obviously there will advantages and disadvantages as its laz taking the action rather than the original target). 

From that it seems the best sort of action to assimilate is a powerful once per turn, since they are once per turn per model. (look at crossroads 7 for some good once per turn actions)

Or Stealing "Smile you son of a..." seems a decent shout to shift 3 upgrades from models. (other actions which apply conditions on the model would also apply, but I can't think of any that are as useful as Ping. )

I can see doing it for certain situations, but most of the time I'm not sure it's a great benefit.  Fun to try.  First thing that comes to mind is copying Zipp's "Up We Go" to drop something away, so he's not engaged and can now use the big gun.  But I agree with Adran and using once per turn actions.  I just can't think of anything great off the top of my head to use it with.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think it might be best for using movement tricks from other models or like four n six said, using it to get out of engagement to shoot. He could use Mei Feng's railwalk for instance, or Tixiebelle's gremlin lure. Might help get him into range a bit faster so he can autofire more often.