Schemes & Stones Master Spotlight Zipp

Khyodee

I don't recall the user but I've seen something on Youtube about it.  I haven't heard this episode yet, but I'm assuming that it's referencing the diagram to place the markers and block a model in?  If that's the case, you essentially place them in a triangle around Zipp.

X
       Z
   X      X

I haven't heard the episode yet, so I don't know what the set up is, but I would only be a legal pllacement of smoke if they were all touching Kades base (And you have presumably use up we go to put Kade in the hole created by Zipp moving). So drop smoke, move Zipp, hit kade and drop him in the gap in the smoke Zip just created.  

1 hour ago, MyMalifauxBlog2E said:

I think example 2 is not working. I mean the Card says "playe up tp 3 markers in base contact with this model"...or am i wong?

The idea is to use the smoke, move Zipp, then "Up We Go" your target into the smoke.  It works, I just don't see many situations where it's useful to be honest.  You're wasting 3 AP from your (fairly versatile and annoying) master to trap 1 model for 1 turn.  The tradeoff doesn't seem incredibly beneficial other than very specific situations.

Of course I could be missing the point entirely, which is definitely 100% plausible.

15 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

The idea is to use the smoke, move Zipp, then "Up We Go" your target into the smoke.  It works, I just don't see many situations where it's useful to be honest.  You're wasting 3 AP from your (fairly versatile and annoying) master to trap 1 model for 1 turn.  The tradeoff doesn't seem incredibly beneficial other than very specific situations.

Of course I could be missing the point entirely, which is definitely 100% plausible.

It would work i think. The problem is, that you have to hit up we go - and the 2nd is you loose the markers at the end of the turn so if you loose ini at the beginning u have a charge model around. It is a nice combo. Question is if its worth it :) as always :D

16 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

The idea is to use the smoke, move Zipp, then "Up We Go" your target into the smoke.  It works, I just don't see many situations where it's useful to be honest.  You're wasting 3 AP from your (fairly versatile and annoying) master to trap 1 model for 1 turn. 

Another way to do it is to up we go the target first and place it close to impassable scenery (eg the side of a building)  then pop smoke to trap it there. If you get your positioning correct it should still only cost you two ap. 

I agree it is very situational  but it is a handy tool. I used this tactic in my last game to trap the captain against a wall in a turn where he was fast. He wasted his ap while I had other models drop scheme markers round him to score three points for set up. 

I tend to use the smoke more defensively or when I can create a choke point on the battle field. Depending on the board set up you can occasionally stop the opponent's crew from interfering with at least one of your schemes for a turn.