TOS Question regarding Payments/Shipping/Etc... (Kickstarter Noob)

ChoriQueso

Hello people,

My first experience using Kickstarter has been to support TOS, so I am clueless about the process here and was hoping some of you would help me understand...

1. I was charged 300.00 by Kickstarter.com on 01/21/2017. When shipping charges are announced, will the shipping transaction also be completed through Kickstarter?

2. How can I look at the selections I made when I received the original backerkit email? It seems like I can look through TOS options in the backerkit but am unable to see my account or the actual selections I made. Should I have a backerkit account I can log into?

3. When a goal is reached and an item is unlocked, does that mean unlocked for purchase? Or are these items being added in addition to what I am guaranteed at my pledge level? I don't want to buy something that otherwise would have already been included for free... Is there any way to see a list of the physical items I'll be receiving so that this doesn't happen?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ShavenSkaven said:

1. I was charged 300.00 by Kickstarter.com on 01/21/2017. When shipping charges are announced, will the shipping transaction also be completed through Kickstarter?

Through Backerkit, see #2.  Kickstarter doesn't let people add more funds through its site after the timer's done, so it can't be done there.

2. How can I look at the selections I made when I received the original backerkit email? It seems like I can look through TOS options in the backerkit but am unable to see my account or the actual selections I made. Should I have a backerkit account I can log into?

You would have gotten a confirmation email from BackerKit titled "Survey Confirmation -- The Other Side" from when you filled it out the first time.  At the bottom of the email it'll have a link below the line "Use this link to return to your survey any time:", clicking on that will let you edit your pledge on BackerKit.

3. When a goal is reached and an item is unlocked, does that mean unlocked for purchase? Or are these items being added in addition to what I am guaranteed at my pledge level? I don't want to buy something that otherwise would have already been included for free... Is there any way to see a list of the physical items I'll be receiving so that this doesn't happen?

They're just added to your order naturally, nothing you need to do to get them besides having a pledge of a high enough tier.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, retnab said:

Through Backerkit, see #2.  Kickstarter doesn't let people add more funds through its site after the timer's done, so it can't be done there.

You would have gotten a confirmation email from BackerKit titled "Survey Confirmation -- The Other Side" from when you filled it out the first time.  At the bottom of the email it'll have a link below the line "Use this link to return to your survey any time:", clicking on that will let you edit your pledge on BackerKit.

They're just added to your order naturally, nothing you need to do to get them besides having a pledge of a high enough tier.

Thank you for clarifying! I just found the backerkit link in my email. Fantastic!!! TYTYTYTYTY

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Warlock said:

Is it possible to get the backerkit email re-sent? I'm thinking of changing my pledge level/add more goodies, but seem to have deleted it :( If it is possible, who do I contact?

Use this link and follow the instructions and it should give you another email to access the backerkit.