ITC 2018 - 26-27th of May 2018 at Element Games, UK

OldManMyke

29 minutes ago, Bober said:

I am not trolling. What's the official ruling for Eliminate the Leadership, in a situation when a player won't reveal this scheme the moment the opposing Master is below half wounds?

I don't know the situation you are talking about, so I'm going to start with the T.O.s word is final, even if its wrong. They are running the event, and have to make that sort of call quickly whilst also having to sort out other things.

From the rules you have to reveal it as you score from it. Its not optional. If you don't reveal it I would have said you haven't selected it. as a scheme

I have to say I’m really not a fan of the pairing system. Last year’s wasn’t perfect but it definitely added an extra element of tactics to it all that was well-received bybthe people I spoke to.

i also recently went to the worlds biggest Age of Sigmar team tournament and again we had so much fun between us trying to plan the favourable matchups and also the less favourable ones. It’s a real shame that this part will be missing.

Undoubtedly it will still be a great weekend,, I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise but attending a team tournament does offer some unique interactions that a regular singles tournament does not, so it seems a shame to gloss over that particular one.

• Like 3

Ok, after finally reading the ruleset I`m wondering - why was the "pairing" system so drastically changed?

Random pairing with a single swap for the whole event takes a lot away from the different experience a team tournament usually provides.

Still looking forward to the event, but I hope we could vote for a small change here? :)

• Agree 2

At the Polish Team Championship we had a system where you preselected masters per round.

Team A selected 1 master

Team B selected 2 masters

Team A picked which one of the masters from the pair they wanted to play against.

So Team A sends out Hamelin

Team B sebds out Collodi and Sandeep

Team A decides if Hamelin plays vs Sandeep or Collodi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trikk said:

At the Polish Team Championship we had a system where you preselected masters per round.

Isn't this essentially the same as last year?  I don't think there are any easy systems that don't have drawbacks.  The system you have listed (and the one used last year) force you away from using masters that are "easily" counterable.  I am never going to use Ramos if my oponent knows that I will be playing Ramos (for example).

I am looking forward to this even but have to agree that this current pairing methodology seems to remove any strategy from the "team" aspect of this event.

39 minutes ago, Euclid said:

Isn't this essentially the same as last year?  I don't think there are any easy systems that don't have drawbacks.  The system you have listed (and the one used last year) force you away from using masters that are "easily" counterable.  I am never going to use Ramos if my oponent knows that I will be playing Ramos (for example).

Its actually the opposite. Last year you had Team A picks two, Team B picks one, Team A decided which one they want to play. The biggest difference is that in our system you don`t control all matchups and in last years ITCs you controlled all of them (both us and team Trump Card used that extensively).

You might use Ramos if the pool favors him. I`d even go further and declare all masters pre-pairings. This way if you have Ramos and they have a counter you can bait him out.

23 hours ago, trikk said:

You might use Ramos if the pool favors him. I`d even go further and declare all masters pre-pairings. This way if you have Ramos and they have a counter you can bait him out.

I do not believe that Master counters Master [for the most part].  It is usually the "tech" models / mercenaries that are available to the entire faction meaning that paring before crew building doesn't remove this issue if you know which master you are facing.  However the only alternative solution I can think of is VERY different to the current system that is in place and may not be better at all, haha.

I see the differences between your method and last year - that does seem to be an improvement.

Edited by Euclid
My own pedantry

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just read the final packet and I have to say I am extremely disappointed that there appears to be zero interactive pairing component. I have played in a number of team events before and the master pairing strategy is one of the best parts of it being a team event. Is there any chance of being closer to last year, or the polish system, or even the American Ultimate Team Showdown rules?

• Like 1

Please could I check what the requirements are for models to be based? Is it sufficient for a painted model is glued to an unpainted/ unadorned Base?

I'm struggling to get time to paint before the tournament (the joys of having a new born) so am trying to work out where to focus.

Thanks in advance. 

11 hours ago, Rosskov said:

Please could I check what the requirements are for models to be based? Is it sufficient for a painted model is glued to an unpainted/ unadorned Base?

I'm struggling to get time to paint before the tournament (the joys of having a new born) so am trying to work out where to focus.

Thanks in advance. 

Painted model glued to an unpainted base is OK

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, trikk said:

Team A selected 1 master

Team B selected 2 masters

Team A picked which one of the masters from the pair they wanted to play against.

So Team A sends out Hamelin

Team B sebds out Collodi and Sandeep

Team A decides if Hamelin plays vs Sandeep or Collodi

I have a couple of questions about the system:

-Before starting the round, are the 5 masters that the team will play announced?

-Once the match is chosen. Do you offer two more masters to the leftover master? Or can you choose another one?

They are predetermined but the opposing team doesn't know about them until they are shown during pairings.

The pairing starts anew for each table. So if Team A picks Hamelin, Team B pick Sandeep and Collodi and Hamelin wants to play against Collodi Sandeep goes back to the pool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dannydb said:

is there still team slots for this, I've been told there is a lot left so trying to get a team together (have arcanists, guild and someone who could do Outcasts, Ten thunders or neverborn as well as a potential Ten thunders Neverborn player)

We have space for another team, or there are a few teams looking for members, especially the Squigs.

If you are putting in a team please let me know asap by PM including an email address.