ITC 2018 - 26-27th of May 2018 at Element Games, UK

OldManMyke

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry but I quite don't get it being this our first time, but I don't see the problem. Could it be that in previous years teams did the match ups regardless of points? I thought that pairing depending on each player's points was a standard (at least it has been this way in the Bloodbowl world cups, my biggest team tournaments experience).

2 minutes ago, Chou said:

Sorry but I quite don't get it being this our first time, but I don't see the problem. Could it be that in previous years teams did the match ups regardless of points? I thought that pairing depending on each player's points was a standard (at least it has been this way in the Bloodbowl world cups, my biggest team tournaments experience).

The issue is not the team to team pairing but the player to player pairing. You have 0 info on the opponent, their faction/master/crew so the strategy element is minimized...

You can't sacrifice a player to force better pairings, you can't counter the enemy master etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well if you work on the basis that everyone knows the strats and schemes in advance you can attempt to work out what sort of forces you may be facing, without being able to directly hard counter. 

I think at the end of the day you simply won't be able to make everyone happy when you are running an event for 100+ people. I think people need to go with the flow a bit and take their fun from the tons of cool games and great banter with folk from all over the world.

I am still waiting for people to swear at me in Polish 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ProximoCoal said:

Well if you work on the basis that everyone knows the strats and schemes in advance you can attempt to work out what sort of forces you may be facing, without being able to directly hard counter. 

I think at the end of the day you simply won't be able to make everyone happy when you are running an event for 100+ people. I think people need to go with the flow a bit and take their fun from the tons of cool games and great banter with folk from all over the world.

I am still waiting for people to swear at me in Polish 

But you have no options to block any unwanted matchup. Its basically like playing a single tournament with slightly favorable scheme pools

• Like 1
  • Agree 1