Nef

Wyrd Painting Contests Announced

New to iron painter and have some questions:

1) Are we allowed to use pre-assembled miniatures like Reaper Bones? 

2a) Assuming yes, can assembled but unprimed miniatures be eligible for Iron Painter? They are essentially the same as pre-assembled Bones and will be motivation to clear backlog of unpainted models instead of having to buy and build new ones. 

2b) Assuming no, please consider both so that those of us who don't have piles of unbuilt miniatures and no easy access to hobby shops can participate! 

• Like 1

As above one more question.

Can we use metal wyrd models which where painted but the paint was striped away?  In such example mini could be already cleaned and partially ready for painting. We all would like to have similar starting point so clarification would be awsome.

• Like 1

As stated in the rules, no work can be done ahead of time.  Models that come pre-assembled haven't had any work done to them so can be used.

So we get the Theme and pairings on the 18.09. Do we need to take photos of the sprues or miniatures before assembling? Base belongs to miniature? Or just finished pictures in time? How many pictures? Any prefered angle? How big should the pictures be? Should we make WiP shots?  Sorry this is my first iron painter competition and i am a little nervous to get things right.

• Like 1

I might have missed it somewhere, but is there an up to date schedule of when the 2018 version of these contests are happening? Managed to stumble in on the creature feature halfway through, but don't remember seeing much notification about it other than the thread here.

48 minutes ago, DLenok said:

I might have missed it somewhere, but is there an up to date schedule of when the 2018 version of these contests are happening? Managed to stumble in on the creature feature halfway through, but don't remember seeing much notification about it other than the thread here.

We post about them upcoming a little beforehand on the forums, website, Facebook, Twitter etc.  We also put up an announcement on all of those as well when the contests start.