Hog Whisperer, Mercenary... Why?

So... why would another faction be interested in using the Hog Whisperer as a mercenary, when they need a Pig model to be at all useful?  The only Mercenary Pig I know of is Gracie, who is much better off with Burt Jebsen (or he's better off with her... whatever).  In what situation would another faction find a use for a Hog Whisperer?

Given Zoraida could hire them as mercs anyway due to them being Living + Wp4, it's pretty much exclusively for Marcus if he wants to run piggies. Or future proofing in the case of dual faction or other out-of-faction pig hiring. You're right that Gracie is the only merc pig, although I'd say the main reason you wouldn't bother bringing a Hog Whisperer with her isn't because Burt has better synergy but because she already has access to Reactivate, which is the main trick they have.

Of course it does have a side effect of giving every faction access to Reckless, albeit on what would be a pretty overpriced model. Their attack is pretty good for their cost, although min damage 1 hurts, but with 7 wounds and Dumb Luck they can hit pretty decently if you get the rams, although of course just taking them for the attack is probably not the best idea given for 6 stones you can pick up models like Johan and Austringers.

It might be worth it for a reactivating Porkchop, but if you really want two Mechy P activations a turn it's only one stone more to just take a second Porkchop. Then you don't spend a 5:mask, and don't deal damage. Plus that gets you a potential extra scrap marker (the drop a scrap on walk is once per turn, not activation) and each Porkchop can benefit from the other's :+fate to Charge attack aura. I mean you could do both if you really wanted. Four Porkchops and two Hog Whisperers for 40 stones. Actually, if you were to bring at least a couple of Porkchops, the Sooey! action would start to become somewhat useful, although probably pretty niche.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Azkral said:

I heard they are useful for McCabe, receiving the Sabre. You get a 3AP minion with a good atack.

I know McCabe can run with anything but that sounds ridiculous! :D Need to try it asap!

• Like 2