Face Your Sins

Lindorm

3 hours ago, Freman said:

"If able"

The player can only discard one card because they don't have two.

Could just as easily be "since I'm not able to diacard two I don't" = nodiscard at all. It doesn't say as close to two as possible.

• Like 1

So, that's the toss up here. It can be interpreted either way. 

But let's consider the wording. They wouldn't say "up to two cards", as that would imply one or two. "Discards two cards." So without "if able", I don't have two cards, I only have one... 

So if you wait until you have only 1 card in hand to kill Datsu Ba you'll not suffer any penalty? That's so situational. 

I'm not able to discard two cards, but I am able to discard 1 card. 

Im wondering if I should get this posted up in the Henchman forums.

@Lindorm why henchman forums? The rules forum are the appropriate place and there it ill remain so anyone wondering in the future can folloq the discuasion. Henchmen don't necessarily know more about rules than other players, they just spend a lot of free time helping people get to play. I am a henchman myself but was a walking ruleboik and wiley rules lawyer to my group long before becoming henchman.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

@Lindorm why henchman forums?

I too am a Henchman. I thought perhaps getting other Henchman involved might offer some clarity as while we do volunteer our time, at a tournament it's not up to a rules savvy player to make the call, but the TO/Henchman. 

I guess I can understand the slight confusion or the argument, but since it says "must discard" then I would make them discard the 1 if it's all they had.  I'd consider it a petty stretch of the rules and wording if I was playing an opponent and claimed they didn't have to discard anything because they didn't have 2 to discard.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

How about like Tara's ability? "Must discard two cards or their whole hand."

See, I thought about this too. I'm wondering if it was just bad authoring, if that was supposed to be included. I'd suggest they worded like they did to save space but there's plenty of room on her card.

Got to say as a fairly new player this happened to me in a game, I only had 1 card when I killed her - it never entered my head not to discard that one card and I feel it is a bit of a stretch to claim you don't have to?  Obviously that is just my opinion and more experienced players than me will have better input.  Although I have to say I wouldn't feel too keen to play someone again who interpreted it that they didn't have to get rid of a card in these circumstances.

On 2017-05-02 at 10:00 PM, Lindorm said:

I too am a Henchman. I thought perhaps getting other Henchman involved might offer some clarity as while we do volunteer our time, at a tournament it's not up to a rules savvy player to make the call, but the TO/Henchman. 

If they have read the discussion on the generally accessible forums they might not try and lawyer it to start with. :) 

I wouldn't mind discarding my single card since I believe that is in the spirit of the rule but when I do TO I am wary of making rulings supported by "I felt like this should be like this". I usually stick really close to the actual wordings unless I know it's a hotly debated thing here on the forums (which I check by searching so I will probably only get results from the rules section since the hench part isn't accessible to searchbots as far as I know).

• Like 1

On 02/05/2017 at 9:00 PM, Lindorm said:

Not all TOs are henchmen.

I would expect that  if a henchmen wanted to follow it then the rules forum would be more use as they would still follow it if they were interested, and other people could also see it. , but I don't know what magical stuff occurs in the henchhman areas so I can't say don't post it there

• Like 3