Why play Ten Thunders

whodares

Can, doesn't mean such a list is effective or competitive.

My point is that if Kang is fair against factions where it is known and excessively likely that a significant portion of models will have the relevant trait it might as well just work against everything, otherwise you are purposely limiting how often a model will be taken and making it weaker than what is fair. If that would be too powerful, then the trait specified is too common to be fair, in which case it should be limited to keywords that are less common and spread more evenly across factions. Or just get rid of announcing faction before set up and let players change faction as they wish between rounds.

On 29/04/2017 at 6:24 PM, whodares said:

Sniper has sh5, not sh6. He only has sh6 when he uses focus when being within 3" of Sensei Yu. That happens in first turn and after that never again. Due to soft cover, his attack has a single + flip which means you need to get lucky to do better than min damage, which is 2.

On 30/04/2017 at 8:46 AM, whodares said:

Can't use blasts from sniper if you have an average hand. I needed to use the LRM combo to actually get a card that was 12+ so I could guarantee a hit was going through. Also don't forget I need to get a moderate damage for the blast to actually activate.

On 30/04/2017 at 11:58 AM, whodares said:

Yes, the Sidir trick which came down to thesame thing as Izamu. I grouped them together.

Anything else? Checked the thread, all came down to thesame. Flank and lose points and just take the damage and alpha him through mid.

You know the shitty luck I had with my hands so far. Second turn I stoned for cards, used the LRM/Emissary trick AND STILL only got 2 high cards.

SNiper hitting minimum is something you saw happen as well. Get straight flip for damage, get a minimum damage. Looks at hand and either have to cheat 1 of the 2 high cards I have for severe or go with the min damage. Cheating out 1/2 high cards you have leaves you open for the rest of the game. You give your opponent free reign over you and he can do as he pleases as long as he has a single high card in hand. You should also be able to verify that as that's what happened in the last 3-4 games we played. Neverborn have so many high card burning effects that you just HAVE to let some through if you don't want to give over complete control.

You've seen my card draw in the game. Lost turn 4 and 5 on games where I had twice your models due to cards (Bettari got 4 chances to kill something and still didn't get a single good flip so she died).

But that's just my card luck in general -.-

I know what happened in that game, but sayign that your snipers are never going to hit blast damage (with the Emmisary) is really unlikely. When you have focus and Dragons breath, you are causing blasts on a 6+ on the damage flip, and against most models you are able to cheat that flip. 

Also just because you know you have a poor hand, your opponent doesn't. Sometimes you can get away with poor cards by bluffing. As long as you have a card in hand your opponent has to consider its a good card. 

And as an aside, Marcus can lead all undead, McMorning in Guild can lead all undead (at least while near him), and I thought every Gremlin list at the moment had 6 stuffed piglets...

• Like 2

@Fetid Strumpet in my head every ca attack in the game has the same problem since they harshly punish incorporeal models and should either be balanced against incorp or non-incorp so either way they are all unbalanced. Incorp is even more tied to certain factions so the problem should br even bigger. Why change Kang and not first make incorp halve damage from all sources if we want to remove thematic rock/paper sciasors stuff? Mass incorp lists are heavily penalised by the prescence of Sonnia and Raspy among others and ai have actually heard several player complain that it hurts their ability to play the lists they like (all incorp).

There's also the fact that I haven't heard Kang mentioned as a problematic model before and he's been out for four years. The oyher stuff from book 1 had brrn mentioned as their respective factions biggest problems for years.

@whodares Had you tried Lynch? Lots of beefy models and lots of hard damage. You might enjoy his playstyle if you think the thunders just walz around and neverborn have better minions (since he brings over some of the filthiest neverborn filth in the form of illuminated and stitched together). He also has card tricks.

3 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

@whodares Had you tried Lynch? Lots of beefy models and lots of hard damage. You might enjoy his playstyle if you think the thunders just walz around and neverborn have better minions (since he brings over some of the filthiest neverborn filth in the form of illuminated and stitched together). He also has card tricks.

Lynch and the Dreamer are actually what sparked my interest in the Neverborn to begin with. I do have Lynch and played him a bit (pre-errata) and I agree he is a decent master.

Unfortunately I played him into Lady J with Death Marshals and Rasputina, so his crew lost a lot of defense due to the horror duel not mattering at all. Kind of hard to force a cheat if your opponent is immune to either horror duels or paralyze.

Now don't get me wrong, I really like Lynch. It's just that his best synergy models (beckoners, illuminated) don't really feel Ten Thunder like and a lot more Neverborn like. Since the only upgrade I ever got for the Thunders with Lynch (Huggy actually) was Recalled Training, I really felt like I was being forced into a certain role.

Since Lynch's crew is really boosted by the usage of Lure, I prefer not to be dependable on only the beckoners. While they are fantastic for their points, you can also get a Lilitu for thesame soulstone cost. Lilitu has +1 ca on her Lure and is also a lot more resilient than Beckoners. The downside to Lilitu is that she can't give out Brilliance like a Beckoner. At that point it becomes a matter of preference: Brilliance vs better lure and resilience.

What also works well with Lure is Pounce. Enter Lelu, Rougarou, ... If you take Lilitu, it makes Lelu a lot more attractive as well. Since conditions are shared between them, Lelu can give them both pounce for a 0 action and a card discard. Lilitu can give them both + flips to all duels. For 14 soulstones, they can and will hold that flank easily, unless you kill either of them quickly. And you will have to kill it in 1 activation, because else they will heal back up.

I could keep going, but my original thought was to just give you an example of why I feel like Lynch feels out of place in Ten Thunders. He might become more versatile when it comes to scheme marker schemes, but let's face it. You're not bringing Lynch for a scheme marker scheme. You're bringing him to make sure your opponent doesn't have any models to do his schemes with.

• Like 1

Dual faction masters are often designed to have different strengths in different factions. The thunders have more ways to get use of his card tricks like discarding aces with wastrels or thunder brothers as well as other models who get bonuses defensive stance or other discard effects. Rail workers are pretty sweet when they can discard for positives a lot. The stitched card draw action also gets kinda sick when you discard an ace to pick it back up so you get 3 (or is it 4 with the trigger?) cards.

As a player who decides on a master and try to make them work in pools that seem to really go against their preferred play style I may come at this from the wrong angle. ;)

Neverborn are kind of crummy when it comes to wp so he should get mileage out of his horror against them.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, whodares said:

Lynch and the Dreamer are actually what sparked my interest in the Neverborn to begin with. I do have Lynch and played him a bit (pre-errata) and I agree he is a decent master.

Unfortunately I played him into Lady J with Death Marshals and Rasputina, so his crew lost a lot of defense due to the horror duel not mattering at all. Kind of hard to force a cheat if your opponent is immune to either horror duels or paralyze.

Now don't get me wrong, I really like Lynch. It's just that his best synergy models (beckoners, illuminated) don't really feel Ten Thunder like and a lot more Neverborn like. Since the only upgrade I ever got for the Thunders with Lynch (Huggy actually) was Recalled Training, I really felt like I was being forced into a certain role.

Since Lynch's crew is really boosted by the usage of Lure, I prefer not to be dependable on only the beckoners. While they are fantastic for their points, you can also get a Lilitu for thesame soulstone cost. Lilitu has +1 ca on her Lure and is also a lot more resilient than Beckoners. The downside to Lilitu is that she can't give out Brilliance like a Beckoner. At that point it becomes a matter of preference: Brilliance vs better lure and resilience.

What also works well with Lure is Pounce. Enter Lelu, Rougarou, ... If you take Lilitu, it makes Lelu a lot more attractive as well. Since conditions are shared between them, Lelu can give them both pounce for a 0 action and a card discard. Lilitu can give them both + flips to all duels. For 14 soulstones, they can and will hold that flank easily, unless you kill either of them quickly. And you will have to kill it in 1 activation, because else they will heal back up.

I could keep going, but my original thought was to just give you an example of why I feel like Lynch feels out of place in Ten Thunders. He might become more versatile when it comes to scheme marker schemes, but let's face it. You're not bringing Lynch for a scheme marker scheme. You're bringing him to make sure your opponent doesn't have any models to do his schemes with.

In Neverborn, Lynch supports his crew.  In Ten Thunders, the crew supports Lynch.  Two completely different styles and different crew selection.  I think Beckoners are a bad choice in TT Lynch crews, but they're a great choice in Neverborn.  If you play TT Lynch like you would in Neverborn, you're going to have a bad time.

My Lynch crews have little to no terrifying (besides Huggy and the one illuminated I occasionally take).  I don't think you need to take a lot of terrifying models in a Lynch crew to be effective.  In fact, I would say if you're doing that, you're building the wrong crew.  

Lynch does not need lure in TT at all.  Sensei Yu gets him wherever he needs to be and gives him fast to boot.

Lynch can kill both Lelu and Lilitu in one activation.  All he needs is 3 AP and to be within 6" of one and 8" of the other.  Let's assume Lelu is within 6" and Lilitu is within 8".  Lynch has Woke up with a Hand and 52 Card Pickup.  I almost always have at least 3 aces by the end of the turn, and Lynch typically goes last for 2 more cards.  It's quite common for me to have 8-10 cards in my hand by the end of the turn.  Getting high cards is super easy because Sensei Yu can copy Mulligan and then Lynch can Mulligan again.

1. Play for Blood with Lelu, give Lelu brilliance.  Lelu is at 6 wounds.

2. Play for Blood with Lilitu, give Lilitu brilliance.  Lilitu is at 5 wounds.

3. Final Debt Lilitu, and kill her.

At the end of Lynch's activation, he discards 3 aces via 52 Card Pickup and deals 6 damage to Lelu to kill him.  It requires good positioning, but again with Sensei Yu, it's pretty easy.  Even if he's not quite in position, give him fast and he can walk once to get where he needs to.  

32 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Dual faction masters are often designed to have different strengths in different factions. The thunders have more ways to get use of his card tricks like discarding aces with wastrels or thunder brothers as well as other models who get bonuses defensive stance or other discard effects. Rail workers are pretty sweet when they can discard for positives a lot. The stitched card draw action also gets kinda sick when you discard an ace to pick it back up so you get 3 (or is it 4 with the trigger?) cards.

As a player who decides on a master and try to make them work in pools that seem to really go against their preferred play style I may come at this from the wrong angle. ;)

Neverborn are kind of crummy when it comes to wp so he should get mileage out of his horror against them.

I agree. Having at least one TTB is a staple for my Lynch crew in Ten Thunders because of the card trick with the aces. Really crazy!

It makes sense that Neverborn are weak to Terrifying as have a lot of Terrifying themselves. Can't both protect against and deal the things at thesame time.

22 minutes ago, skoatz said:

In Neverborn, Lynch supports his crew.  In Ten Thunders, the crew supports Lynch.  Two completely different styles and different crew selection.  I think Beckoners are a bad choice in TT Lynch crews, but they're a great choice in Neverborn.  If you play TT Lynch like you would in Neverborn, you're going to have a bad time.

My Lynch crews have little to no terrifying (besides Huggy and the one illuminated I occasionally take).  I don't think you need to take a lot of terrifying models in a Lynch crew to be effective.  In fact, I would say if you're doing that, you're building the wrong crew.  

Lynch does not need lure in TT at all.  Sensei Yu gets him wherever he needs to be and gives him fast to boot.

Lynch can kill both Lelu and Lilitu in one activation.  All he needs is 3 AP and to be within 6" of one and 8" of the other.  Let's assume Lelu is within 6" and Lilitu is within 8".  Lynch has Woke up with a Hand and 52 Card Pickup.  I almost always have at least 3 aces by the end of the turn, and Lynch typically goes last for 2 more cards.  It's quite common for me to have 8-10 cards in my hand by the end of the turn.  Getting high cards is super easy because Sensei Yu can copy Mulligan and then Lynch can Mulligan again.

1. Play for Blood with Lelu, give Lelu brilliance.  Lelu is at 6 wounds.

2. Play for Blood with Lilitu, give Lilitu brilliance.  Lilitu is at 5 wounds.

3. Final Debt Lilitu, and kill her.

At the end of Lynch's activation, he discards 3 aces via 52 Card Pickup and deals 6 damage to Lelu to kill him.  It requires good positioning, but again with Sensei Yu, it's pretty easy.  Even if he's not quite in position, give him fast and he can walk once to get where he needs to.  

I'd rather pull models to me than to push my master to the enemy crew. It can force some rather awkward situations and mispositioning. The beckoner also takes away the dependency on Huggy to do the luring, so he becomes free to go harder and deal more damage.

My Ten Thunders Lynch crew consists of the following

Lynch (Woke Up With A Hand, Wanna See A Trick and Huggy upgrade I feel like playing that game

Huggy (sometimes with Recalled Training)

Beckoner or Sensei Yu with Wandering River Style: Do I want them to come to me, do I need more Brilliance spead? Beckoner Do I want a Fast Alpha Strike from Huggy? Yu

Ten Thunders Brother: this guy becomes amazing as soon as you get the Ace you want in your hand. Free defensive and 0 effect guaranteed

Your Mulligan trick is actually illegal. Cards that Sensei Yu would discard during his Disciple action get shuffled into the deck instead. Since the effect is no longer a discard, you can't pick them up with Lynch's ability.

Lynch can probably kill whatever is in the game if he has the right hand, the right positioning and enough aces in his hand. I've had matches where he blasts his opponent for 8 damage with Final Debt and had all 4 aces in my hand. It's a bit thesame as any killy master. They can blow up any model as long as the conditions are right.

Lady J can kill both of them as well in even less actions. Get Severe damage with the built-in critical strike trigger on het greatsword and hit the enemy for 7 damage (Lilitu). You can then do thesame for Lelu, maybe even burn a stone so your moderate damage is enough to kill him. Remember that with the right upgrade, you have the onslaught trigger as well so you can do 4 attacks on 2 models with ml7. You now still have an AP left to do whatever you want.

You were comolaining about having bad hands earlier and that crew should get some pretty crazy hands from double mulligans.

Lady J would need to get pretty close so unless they really handed them away by putting the twins next to one another she would be less effective. She also doesn't get pushes, fast or recalled training.

Her onslaught is also kind of a trap since neither attack will get to declare crit strike so you effectively need to cheat to hit an extra time to do very little extra damage compared to just critting the first hit (and you probably need to stone for a suit so why not make tht suit a ram). It could be useful if it was on her card to begin with but 2ss and an upgrade is way to high a cost unless your opponent let's you know they'll be using exclusively hard to kill models.

LJ rant over ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, whodares said:

Your Mulligan trick is actually illegal. Cards that Sensei Yu would discard during his Disciple action get shuffled into the deck instead. Since the effect is no longer a discard, you can't pick them up with Lynch's ability.

I was talking about getting high value cards, not a high number of cards.  Although I did mention it right after talking about hand size so I see the confusion.  I know the cards that Sensei Yu discards get shuffled back in.

13 minutes ago, whodares said:

I'd rather pull models to me than to push my master to the enemy crew. It can force some rather awkward situations and mispositioning. The beckoner also takes away the dependency on Huggy to do the luring, so he becomes free to go harder and deal more damage.

I think that's the kind of play style better suited for Neverborn Lynch.  I think TT crew composition lends well to being in the enemy crew face, and bringing Lynch along is part of that.  Also, Huggy is super easy to bring back with the Rising Sun, so I feel like there's no reason for him not to go hard.  

19 minutes ago, whodares said:

Lynch can probably kill whatever is in the game if he has the right hand, the right positioning and enough aces in his hand. I've had matches where he blasts his opponent for 8 damage with Final Debt and had all 4 aces in my hand. It's a bit thesame as any killy master. They can blow up any model as long as the conditions are right.

Lynch has the right hand every turn of the game in TT.  That's my point.  Which is why TT Lynch crews support Lynch.  Rather than Neverborn Lynch where he supports the crew. It's incredibly easy to get the right conditions with him in TT.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've had less than 6 cards in hand and less than 3 aces by the time I activate Lynch.  Because TT supports his card draw and ace shenanigans so much better than Neverborn crews.  And that could be why you feel Lynch is out of place in TT.  I think you want to support him in the wrong ways.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, skoatz said:

I was talking about getting high value cards, not a high number of cards.  Although I did mention it right after talking about hand size so I see the confusion.  I know the cards that Sensei Yu discards get shuffled back in.

Ah, alright. I thought you were trying to double-dip in getting both the new cards and the possible discarded aces :)

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

You were comolaining about having bad hands earlier and that crew should get some pretty crazy hands from double mulligans.

Lady J would need to get pretty close so unless they really handed them away by putting the twins next to one another she would be less effective. She also doesn't get pushes, fast or recalled training.

Her onslaught is also kind of a trap since neither attack will get to declare crit strike so you effectively need to cheat to hit an extra time to do very little extra damage compared to just critting the first hit (and you probably need to stone for a suit so why not make tht suit a ram). It could be useful if it was on her card to begin with but 2ss and an upgrade is way to high a cost unless your opponent let's you know they'll be using exclusively hard to kill models.

LJ rant over ;)

Thanks to the Brutal Emissary, Lady J now has her free train to the other side completely protected. That should help her get into such a good position.

Onslaught on an ml7 has a very high chance of hitting, especially against the def 5 Lelu (unless he took his upgrade). I only mentioned the Onslaught in case you didn't want to cheat a high card for the trigger.

Lynch may melt 1-2 models a turn, like any other killy master, but what makes Lynch so good is that his constant sifting for higher hands leaves his entire crew in a position to do so. He lets you be incredibly consistent, especially if you know how to make use of the extra high and low cards you're getting, and with Yu's perfect positioning you can make any model in a 10 inch radius be exactly where it wants to be hitting precisely as hard as you need to. I've seen him played in Neverborn and he feels far more dynamic in TT, especially in the types of crew you can take.

He, Huggy, any other beatsticks you might want to bring (I like playing him very elite) - they're this wall of danger like you've described Teddy+tooth&friends but so much worse, since TT will give Lynch aces and aces give TT unparalleled consistency. I once ran through about 30 cards on one activation with Yasunori - the sheer amount of :+fateflips you can make TT churn out allow you to in turn fuel Lynch as a powerhouse, who just by existing fuels his crew again. Honestly, Lynch is just about my favourite master. I can't rave enough about him. He enables so many things and more importantly allows you to excel at them. Not to mention - he is fun. So much fun.

Also with Yu putting the Aces back in your deck I often find myself drawing 1 or 2 after that (since I have a habbit of going through my deck at least once a round). Lynch's really just the best master to play if you've got hangups about luck.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tokapondora said:

Lynch may melt 1-2 models a turn, like any other killy master, but what makes Lynch so good is that his constant sifting for higher hands leaves his entire crew in a position to do so. He lets you be incredibly consistent, especially if you know how to make use of the extra high and low cards you're getting, and with Yu's perfect positioning you can make any model in a 10 inch radius be exactly where it wants to be hitting precisely as hard as you need to. I've seen him played in Neverborn and he feels far more dynamic in TT, especially in the types of crew you can take.

He, Huggy, any other beatsticks you might want to bring (I like playing him very elite) - they're this wall of danger like you've described Teddy+tooth&friends but so much worse, since TT will give Lynch aces and aces give TT unparalleled consistency. I once ran through about 30 cards on one activation with Yasunori - the sheer amount of :+fateflips you can make TT churn out allow you to in turn fuel Lynch as a powerhouse, who just by existing fuels his crew again. Honestly, Lynch is just about my favourite master. I can't rave enough about him. He enables so many things and more importantly allows you to excel at them. Not to mention - he is fun. So much fun.

Also with Yu putting the Aces back in your deck I often find myself drawing 1 or 2 after that (since I have a habbit of going through my deck at least once a round). Lynch's really just the best master to play if you've got hangups about luck.

I agree with you. TT Lynch is very consistent thanks to Sensei Yu copying his Mulligan. Do note this dependency might force you to activate Yu earlier than expected and can bring their own share of problems.

The thing that makes Neverborn Lynch more dangerous in my opinion, is the fact that they have more and better lures combined with pounces. Yes, you can get a Thunders beatstick and make Huggy obey the opponents model to walk next to him. Now your model activates and that threat is gone for the turn. With the better lures in Neverborn, you can combo those with a Rougarou or Lelu and keep pouncing on those things. Bonus points if Lilitu is the one luring as she will get pounce as well from Lelu on a 4'!!! range. You can also lure 2 models towards you and set them up for death as the hands of Lynch and/or Huggy more easily. While also doable in Ten Thunders, I do feel the beckoners are inferior to what the Neverborn faction has to offer in this regard.

Going through your entire deck can also have it's downsides. You'll get more black and red jokers. Nobody likes getting a black joker. Red joker can be great, but should not be depended upon for getting things done. You have the mulligan to get more high cards, but that usually means you'll have to cheat more as well. At least you get more control on when/what to force, which is very powerful.

But again, I agree with you that Lynch is not a bad master. While I feel the Thunders allow him to be used more broadly, I also feel that it limits his power a bit on what he can achieve. The pushes and positioning are strong thanks to Yu, but you could just as easily get lured away due to being too far ahead. In Neverborn, you don't even have to move Lynch, you can just bring the models to you! This might be less of a problem when you are a more experienced player ofcourse. I've only been playing for a year, so that might also have to do with it.

13 hours ago, Ludvig said:

LJ rant over ;)

I play lady j myself and no acces to pushes? The judge has a (0) push. Brutal emissary can take her along for a ride. So some stuff (not ten thunders proportions though) to move her around.

But i agree you can't compare it to lynch killing as she has to get there and tarpitting her is her big counter.

I agree on onslaught that it can be a trap as you lose the built in crit strike. So guaranteed 1 damage can sometimes be better than needing a trigger to get an additional attack off. But can be sweet for bypassing hard to kill as mentioned. Indeed if you cheat/stone for a suit you might as well make it a ram for +2 guaranteed damage instead of 3/4/6 on an attack that needs to hit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joachim said:

I play lady j myself and no acces to pushes? The judge has a (0) push. Brutal emissary can take her along for a ride. So some stuff (not ten thunders proportions though) to move her around.

But i agree you can't compare it to lynch killing as she has to get there and tarpitting her is her big counter.

I agree on onslaught that it can be a trap as you lose the built in crit strike. So guaranteed 1 damage can sometimes be better than needing a trigger to get an additional attack off. But can be sweet for bypassing hard to kill as mentioned. Indeed if you cheat/stone for a suit you might as well make it a ram for +2 guaranteed damage instead of 3/4/6 on an attack that needs to hit.

I am aware of the pushes available to her, it was an oversimplification on my part. There's a big difference between the Judge's push towards himself when neither him or LJ is in combat and Sensei Yu's push wherever you want whenver you want and granting fast. 

8 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I am aware of the pushes available to her, it was an oversimplification on my part. There's a big difference between the Judge's push towards himself when neither him or LJ is in combat and Sensei Yu's push wherever you want whenver you want and granting fast. 

Absolutely true, hence the reference to the far superior Ten thunders movement shenanigans (to pretend that that post was still slightly on-topic).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Relying too heavily on lures can screw you over. If it was always amazing we'd see more skew towards that kind of list. The neverborn lists you propose seem sort of glass-cannony to me.

Yes, my core list is fairly glass cannon. That's what the other models are for after all.

If you bring 2 illuminated, the list becomes a lot more durable while staying in theme with Lynch as well.

There's a lot of options available if you need tanky models on both factions.

Couple of things reading through all this - 

mention of tooth and rougarou combining for multiple attacks but this only works if the model moves and ends that move within melee range. so surely should only get 1 pounce as after the first push you are probably in base contact with her.

using the gorar - as a titania player myself and seeing some in action I have yet to use/see the gorar as its really crap and dies so easily its daft, all for the chance of maybe getting a model back.

shen long and snipers etc should do really well, you also have good access to decent healing that goes off quickly, as well as pushes and easy access fast. as mentioned by others consider kang as there are lots of undead/constructs out there and even if your opponent doesnt bring undead he still has a ml7 whomping shovel.

also consider mei feng (my favourite arcanist master also does well in TT). vent steam basically screws over all the lures, and alot of the titania crews attacks.

all is not lost and TT can put out the pain (although I do like 2 snipers with shen long - push them and gain fast on both)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, katadder said:

Couple of things reading through all this - 

mention of tooth and rougarou combining for multiple attacks but this only works if the model moves and ends that move within melee range. so surely should only get 1 pounce as after the first push you are probably in base contact with her.

using the gorar - as a titania player myself and seeing some in action I have yet to use/see the gorar as its really crap and dies so easily its daft, all for the chance of maybe getting a model back.

Tooth has a (0) action Lure that has the model ending as close to her as possible. Then her normal (1) attack actions have a built-in push. You can push the opposing model for 1mm and get the Rougarou pounce again.

Depending on your crew, I find the Gorar to be worth his points. If the terain is right, you WILL get your precious minion back. He's no Huggy, but he can be powerful in his own right.

Then again, I'm only now really starting to branch out into Neverborn, so I might not see the big picture yet.

I agree but with the 8" range its likely they will be base to base after even just the lure so just one pounce, not 3 like the OP seems to suggest at one point.

Gorar has to be within 6" of the centre, I dont see anything that fragile surviving there for any length of time.

3 minutes ago, katadder said:

I agree but with the 8" range its likely they will be base to base after even just the lure so just one pounce, not 3 like the OP seems to suggest at one point.

Within 8" you lure them close for pounce. Then you hit with the (1) attack pushing it a millimeter for another pounce. Hit again and push a millimeter for another pounce. Haven't doublechecked the card but if the push on the normal attack is "up to X" that should be totally legit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Within 8" you lure them close for pounce. Then you hit with the (1) attack pushing it a millimeter for another pounce. Hit again and push a millimeter for another pounce. Haven't doublechecked the card but if the push on the normal attack is "up to X" that should be totally legit.

That's what happened to me in that game, so I'm pretty sure that's legit.