Maliphoenix Ulix vs. Lady Justice 50 soulstone

thecapopriest

P4040405_zpslki90jkd.jpg

This is a 50 point game played in the MaliPhoenix group at Games U.

Gremlins vs. Guild

Deployment: Standard

Strategy: Extraction

Schemes: Claim Jump, Frame For Murder, Hunting Party, Dig Their Graves, and Recover Evidence.

Gremlin List: Ulix with Huntin' Bow and Hide in The Mud, Penelope, Old Major, Gracie, War Pig with One Pig Against The World, The Sow, Stuffed Piglet, and Gremlin Taxidermist. Soulstone Cache of 4.

With this list I was hoping that with the enhanced maneuverability from Penelope giving +1 walk, with a 0 action to push a Pig model, Old Major's ability to push pigs, the Taxidermist being able to grant flight, and Ulix able to use the Huntin' Bow to send pigs off charging, I was hoping I would be able to wrap up my opponents crew outside of the Extraction radius. Then I would hopefully be able to start moving the Extraction marker away from his crew to deny points.

Before we revealed crews I already had it in mind that I would choose Frame For Murder on The Sow, seeing as she is pretty fragile and I knew I wanted to get her stuck in combat on the first turn.

Unfortunately with how this crew works it also made Recover Evidence and Dig Their Graves no good as I would be stuck in melee and unable to do any interact actions. 

Also Claim Jump was out of the Scheme pool for me with this crew.

Basically choosing this particular crew did push myself into having to choose Frame For Murder and Hunting Party, which is a mistake I will endeavor to not make again. 

Guild List: Lady Justice with Vendetta, Governor's Proxy, Francisco Ortega with Wade In and Hair Trigger, 2 Guardian's, Greed, and Ryle. Soul Stone Cache 7.

Gremlins Schemes: Hunting Party and Frame For Murder on The Sow.

Guild Schemes: Faction Scheme Round Up and Hunting Party.

Gremlins win Deployment Flip and choose to make Guild deploy first and choose sides.

Just to note this is a four foot by four foot board, so six inches all around the board is out of play.

The Green Pond is Severe and Hazardous.

P4040406_zps5mw74mvb.jpg

Guild Deployment Left to Right: Francisco, Ryle, behind Ryle is the Governor's Proxy, Guardian, Lady Justice, Guardian, and Greed.

P4040407_zpspnjtoem6.jpg

Gremlin Deployment Left to Right: War Pig, The Sow, Gracie, behind Gracie is Ulix, behind Gracie and Old Major is the Taxidermist, Old Major, Stuffed Piglet, and Penelope From The Shadows deployment near the building.

P4040408_zpsjwgmlgas.jpg

From the original photo Guild choose the right side of the board for deployment.

P4040409_zpsyw1sewpg.jpg

Gremlin Taxidermist did his 1 action Never Happen, cheating in a 6 of masks, to give flight to all of the Pigs in a 4" pulse. He then did his 0 action Purdy Fireworks on the Stuffed Piglet to push it 3" and then have it walk 5" more. He did nothing with his 2nd AP.

P4040410_zps6inlejg1.jpg

Guardian double walked forward and attempted his 0 action Protect on himself, but failed due to the Black Joker.

P4040411_zpsk5zpbaby.jpg

Gracie did her 0 action Riled Up to gain Reactivate, but take 2 damage which may not be reduced. She then double walked 10" due to the +1 walk from Penelope's Kept at a Distance. Each walk Ulix was pushed into base contact from Hitch a Ride, stopping at the fence on the second walk.

P4040412_zpsn8fjvzf2.jpg

Guardian did his 0 action Protect on Lady Justice and then double walked forward.

P4040413_zpsgdixpujh.jpg

Old Major walked forward and then did his 0 action The Old Pig Knows The Way to push the Taxidermist into base contact. He then did Nudge 'em On on the War Pig discarding a 3 of Crows to do so and giving the War Pig Crows on all final duel totals.

P4040414_zpsqrrthpy1.jpg

Francisco walked and shot the Stuffed Piglet, being able to cheat the damage flip, he cheated it to severe to kill it outright.

P4040415_zpsvmujcenw.jpg

Penelope used her 0 action, Herd 'em, on the War Pig to push him his walk of 5, then she double walked.

P4040416_zpss7qlbc1j.jpg

Ryle did his 0 action, Socially Repressed, to push 4" away from the Governor's Proxy. He then walked and shot at Gracie, being able to cheat the damage flip, he cheated to severe of 4 damage which was reduced to 2 due to Armor 2 on Gracie.

P4040417_zps9tnwwjkp.jpg

The Sow double walked forward.

P4040418_zpsgpl1xkwo.jpg

Governor's Proxy double walked forward.

P4040421_zps0hursusu.jpg

The War Pig discarded One Pig Against The World to gain a positive twist on all flips for the rest of the activation. He walked 6" due to +1 walk from Penelope. He then did a 1 AP Pig Charge against Ryle, due to Flight from the Taxidermist he was able to situate himself behind the Guardian. The first attack Ryle used a soulstone to gain a positive twist to defense and give a negative twist to any resulting damage flip. The War Pig hit and did weak damage of 2, which was reduced down to 1 from Armor. The War Pig declared the Eat Anything trigger. The second attack Ryle used another soulstone and The War Pig hit getting the Stampede trigger, however I hit the Black Joker on the damage flip so no trigger due to no damage being dealt.

P4040420_zpsdrhvdcmp.jpg

Lady Justice walked into Melee with the War Pig in order to gain positive twist to the damage flips due to not charging. The first attack missed due to cheating in the Red Joker on defense. The second attack hit and declared the Onslaught trigger granted to her by the Vendetta upgrade. The attack did moderate damage of 4 but the additional attack from Onslaught missed.

Gracie walked forward with her Reactivate and nothing else.

P4040421_zpsudp6som6.jpg

Greed did The Greed Spreads on the War Pig, hitting and doing 2 damage after I discarded 1 soulstone to reduce the damage by 2.

P4040422_zps5tlng6wo.jpg

Ulix did Shot in the Rear on Gracie to charge Ryle. The first attack she did Take a Bite doing 1 point of damage and healing 3 due to cheating a severe card. Second attack she did Tusks doing weak damage of 2 which was reduced to 1 due to Armor 1.

P4040423_zps0pi47tpv.jpg

Ulix did Sooey! to push Gracie and Old Major their Charge towards him. Gracie stopped along the building as she ended up hitting the building during the push.

Ulix then did Shot in the Rear on The Sow having her charge the Guardian. Unfortunately I forget the Positive Twists from Old Major's Rile 'em up. First attack missed, second attack hit, but the Guardian got the Grind to a Halt trigger, dealing weak damage of 3 which was reduced down to 1 due to Armor +3.

End of turn 1 no points scored.

Gremlins have 2 soulstones and Guild has 1 soulstone left. Unfortunately I forgot to note every time we spent our soulstones.

P4040424_zpsvtn9di0m.jpg

Top of turn 2.

Gremlins soulstone to reflip initiative, but Guild still wins.

Lady Justice attacked the War Pig and got a Ram to hit. With the Ram built in and the Ram from the flip dealt moderate damage of 6, killing the War Pig. Lady Justice then charged and hit and killed The Sow with the first attack due to critical strike and the Red Joker on damage. I scored 3 points for Frame For Murder on The Sow.

Farrowing then went off and summoned 2 Piglets within 1" of The Sow with 1 health each.

P4040425_zps51kio5gx.jpg

Ulix did Huntin' Bow twice at the Guardian, first attack hit and did weak damage of 2 reduced to 1, the second attack also did weak damage but got the crow trigger Blood Trail to do +1 damage from all pig models. He then did Shot in the Rear on Gracie having her charge the Guardian and killed him on the second attack. She then healed all damage with her ability Eat Your Fill.

I scored 1 point for Hunting Party.

P4040426_zpsmtv8jbe2.jpg

Guardian charged Gracie. First attack hit but was at a double negative due to Gracie flipping the Red Joker on defense. Dealing weak damage of 2 reduced to 1. Second attack missed. He then did his 0 action Protect on himself to gain Defensive +2.

P4040427_zps5c3jg2tm.jpg

Slow Piglet walked into Melee with the Guardian.

P4040428_zpsu3t09dq2.jpg

Ryle did his 0 action, Field Repairs, healing himself weak damage of 1. He then charged Gracie, first attack hitting doing moderate damage of 5, reduced to 3 due to Armor +2, the second attack missed.

P4040429_zpsdcvnbcz8.jpg

Governor's Proxy Companion activated, walked forward and healed Ryle up to full health.

P4040430_zpstuozdwh3.jpg

Slow Piglet charged the Guardian, but missed both attacks.

P4040431_zpstespvwkf.jpg

Greed did The Greed Spreads against Gracie, but it missed due to cheating. She then walked forward to be behind the Guardian.

P4040432_zpsx7nojrpj.jpg

Penelope walked, then did her 0 action to push Gracie 4". She then walked.

P4040433_zps6kkdeils.jpg

Francisco walked forward and shot into engagement, randomizing between the 2 Piglets, Gracie, Penelope, The Guardian, and Greed. He hit the original Piglet he targeted and killed it.

Guild scores 1 point for Hunting Party.

P4040434_zpsojgso2zg.jpg

Old Major walked forward and used his 0 to push the Taxidermist into base contact. He then did Nudge 'em On on the Piglet to push him 4".

Old Major then used Reactivate due to Ceaseless Advance to reposition.

Gracie charged the Guardian, but missed both attacks. She also failed to do her 0 action to gain Reactivate.

Taxidermist double walked and summoned a Stuffed Piglet with his 0 action.

The Slow Stuffed Piglet walked ending within 3" of Greed taking 2 damage.

End of turn 2.

We both score 1 point on Extraction and we both have the same number of models so no movement on the marker.

Gremlins 5 vs. Guild 2

P4040435_zpsjkej6ayh.jpg

Top of turn 3 Gremlins win initiative.

Stuffed Piglet walked into Greed and Ryle. He then did Bacon Bomb flipping a Crow for 4 damage to Greed and 3 damage to Ryle.

P4040436_zps2e8ztks9.jpg

Governor's Proxy walked forward and healed Greed 3 damage. 

Francisco then did Companion activate and Rapid Fired into my Taxidermist. The first attack did 1 damage of Weak after Armor reduction, but the second shot got Red Joker damage killing the Taxidermist.

Piglet walked and then charged Greed but Greed got her Defensive trigger and killed the Piglet. This scored 1 point for Hunting Party.

P4040437_zpssmx7u2o4.jpg

Lady Justice walked and then charged Old Major. First attack got the Onslaught trigger and did weak damage of 3. The Onslaught attack missed. The second attack got the Onslaught trigger and did weak damage of 3 for a total of 6 damage on Old Major. The Onslaught attack missed.

Gracie attacked the Guardian, first attack getting the Tear 'em Apart trigger, but the Guardian got the Grind to a Halt trigger, getting weak damage of 1. The second attack hit, but the Guardian got the trigger again, but I was at a straight flip and cheated in severe to do 3 damage.

P4040438_zpsqezvwbtw.jpg

Greed attempted to go The Greed Spreads against Penelope but failed. She did nothing with her second AP.

P4040439_zps2hmh7qkp.jpg

Penelope charged Ryle, missing the first attack and doing weak damage of 1 on the second attack.

Ryle attacked Penelope twice, missing both times.

P4040440_zps5fbpzouq.jpg

Old Major walked and did Nudge 'em On on Gracie to give her Rams.

Guardian attacked Gracie twice, first attack missed, the second attack hit for moderate of 3 but reduced to 1. His 0 action failed.

Ulix did his 0 action Proper Care to heal 2 points on Gracie and Old Major. He then walked and Prodded Gracie twice, but both attacks missed.

Old Major Reactivated and attacked Lady Justice twice, missing both attacks.

End of turn 3.

We both score 1 point for Extraction and Guild gets to move the marker 3".

Gremlins 6 vs. Guild 4

P4040441_zps3dybejnb.jpg

Top of turn 4 Guild won initiative.

Guardian put up Protect on himself getting the Mend trigger to heal 2 points. He then attacked Gracie twice getting the Exploit Design Flaw trigger and dropping her to Hard to Kill.

Governor's Proxy then Companion activated, walked, and then healed 2 points off of the Guardian.

Ulix did his 0 action Proper Care and then Prodded Gracie 3 times, twice hitting for 1 damage each and once missing.

Lady Justice attacked Old Major 3 times missing twice and hitting once by cheating in the Red Joker. Doing 3 damage and getting the Onslaught trigger. On the Onslaught attack I flipped the Black Joker and Lady Justice did severe damage of 6.

Gracie attacked the Guardian twice, first attack missing, second attack hitting, but the Guardian got his trigger. I got the Red Joker on damage for 8 damage, 5 after armor 3 reduction, leaving him at 1 health.

P4040443_zpsezzqhoej.jpg

Francisco did El Mayor on Ryle. Francisco charged Penelope but missed both attacks. 

Penelope attacked Ryle twice hitting each for 2 damage total.

Ryle healed the Guardian 1 point and attacked Penelope twice, missing both attacks.

P4040444_zps7kbexknj.jpg

Old Major walked and went Defensive +1.

P4040445_zps7jsdl8tk.jpg

Greed walked and then attempted to do The Greed Spreads on Gracie but failed. She then did her 0 action to heal the Guardian 1 point.

End of turn 4 we both score 1 on Extraction.

Gremlins 7 vs. Guild 5

P4040446_zpsv9jxvpjm.jpg

Top of turn 5 Guild won initiative.

Guardian did Protect and healed 2 off of the trigger. He attacked Gracie twice, first attack dropping her to Hard to Kill, second attack killing her.

P4040448_zpsu840i564.jpg

Governor's Proxy then Companion activated and attempted to heal the Guardian twice but failed to hit the target number.

Ulix healed Old Major 2 points. He then Prodded Old Major 3 timesfirst 2 attacks hitting and doing moderate damage for a total of 8, third attack got Black Joker on the attack and Red Joker on the defense and Lady Justice did weak damage of 3 with Riposte.

P4040449_zpsyzorut92.jpg

Lady Justice attacked Old Major and Killed him and did her 0 action healing 4 damage. She then attacked Ulix twice missing both times.

Penelope went Defensive +2 and took 2 damage from Greed's aura.

Greed Focused and did The Greed Spreads on Penelope and killed her, scoring 1 point on Hunting Party.

Ryle Focused and shot at Ulix in Engagement but randomized into Lady Justice but missed.

P4040451_zpse2mdtchf.jpg

Francisco walked and then shot into the engagement hitting Ulix for weak damage of 2.

End of turn 5 and end of the game.

Guild score 1 more from Extraction and 3 for Round Up.

Gremlins 7 vs. Guild 10

Gremlins scored 3 on Extraction, 3 on Frame For Murder, and 1 on Hunting Party.

Guild scored 4 on Extraction, 3 on Round Up, and 3 on Hunting Party.

Some thoughts I have on my crew.

Ulix: Overall I think I will keep him as primarily a summoner, the Hunting Bow is great but it feels like it quickly becomes useless when the crew gets engaged and so I will maintain him as mainly a back lines summoner and if I really want the Hunting Bow bring Sammy to take it.

Penelope: Really I like her a lot, I like her so much I wish she was a Generic Totem so I could actually play Pig heavy Crews well with other masters. Honestly if she where generic I would love to try out this list with Mah Tucket as the Master. That 0 action push is gold and the +1 walk is just great.

Gremlin Taxidermist: I love his ability to hand out Flight and his summons. I will need to keep using him to get a better feel for how to position him so he can keep giving out flight.

Hope you enjoyed the battle report and like always feedback is always appreciated.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Good to see Greed, at 8 points, doing almost nothing.  Was her aura at least an issue for you?

And I can't believe I just saw the Govs proxy on the table.  

I did have to discard cards in order to avoid damage from the aura a couple of times, unfortunately I did forget to note those times down. I think my opponent was just playing more conservatively with Greed then normal due to needing her alive to help with Round Up and that she could score for Hunting Party. He also kept forgetting to Focus before doing The Greed Spreads, so in later games she might be more effective.

The Governor's Proxy worked well in this Strategy and Scheme set seeing as it healed a good amount of times, making his tanky crew even more difficult to crack.