Jump to content
4thstringer

I suck at interference.

Recommended Posts

There it is.   I'll admit it.   I struggle mightily with interference. It is easily my worst scheme.   How do you go about it?

Ive got this pool for tomorrow: close deploy, interference, claim jump,  eliminate the leadership, dig their graves,  tail em, inspection.

Here's my prospective list.   I find myself actually considering daschel, which is a bad sign:

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 4 Pool
 - Delegation (1)
 - Embedded (1)
 - Misleading Headlines (1)
The Printing Press (3)
Phiona Gage (8)
 - Transparency (1)
 - Numb To The World (1)
Peacekeeper (11)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
Johan (6)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
Big Jake (5)
Death Marshal (6)
Field Reporter (4)

 (exported from CrewFaux)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With an Embedded list you might as well take a Strongarm Suit instead of the Peacekeeper. They are fairly identical but the ability to charge ignoring models and terrain would help out with options in Interference. He can't get bogged down as easily against multiple models, for example. The triggers to prevent damage reduction help a lot too. When you need it his gun is more reliable too at Sh7, but usually punching stuff is his M.O.

This is all a mute point if you don't have the model of course :PI would usually take the Peacekeeper in general anyway.

Otherwise this looks like a really solid list. Phiona can get Dig Their Graves really easily while not giving away Tail'em points (thank you Numb), and you have enough flexibility to go for the other schemes without (hopefully) giving it away too much.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dashel with Arrest Him isn't too shabby in Interference either. That upgrade can make him quite a surprise for the unwary opponent. "Bam, now you don't count, and neither does this model!" Guild Guard are OP #snarkiness

He will need Numb on him instead to avoid Tail'em though, which means he probably replaces Phiona :( and that is bad news bears.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cadaverousbirth said:

Dashel with Arrest Him isn't too shabby in Interference either. That upgrade can make him quite a surprise for the unwary opponent. "Bam, now you don't count, and neither does this model!" Guild Guard are OP #snarkiness

He will need Numb on him instead to avoid Tail'em though, which means he probably replaces Phiona :( and that is bad news bears.

If dig weren't in the pool id try it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't handle interference either but it seems like you have a solid plan. If you have a stone to spare maybe a guardian or hunter is better than the marshal? The guardian ties stuff up obviously and the hunter can drag stuff into one of your engaged models and then push itself out before it's time to score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast peacekeeper into close deployment interference. Mmmmm. ^_^Sorry, what were we discussing?

I've also enjoyed Dashel into Interference alongside my beloved wardens (it surprised the gator poo out of Lil' Boo when a guild guard teleported to McTavish's would-be snack and locked down his shooting) but he is rather a liability here, you're right. :(

Lately my idea into interference has been to neutralize the most mobile models regardless of relative threat to my crew, instead of the usual approach of killing their biggest threat first if possible. Not even trying to claim their quarters, just to hold mine until I get the numbers under control. Mostly (though this was coincidence) with Lucius and his new favorite turrets the witchling thralls. Spammable Ca ranged works well against incorporeal runners.

As an aside, please reassure me that field reporters are worthwhile. Their cards say they are difficult to target, but I've been trying one lately, and she has gotten one-shotted 100% of the time. :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found guild has a difficult time in interference. My strategy has been to try and hang onto two quarters to score vp and then maximize my schemes while trying to deny theirs. Against a summoner it is hard for guild to deny interference. 

 

My other plan, that hadn't worked so far is to hold two quarters with a few models while my beaters cause problems in their quarters. 

My last game was against Mei Feng with Lady J in interference. We tied 8-8 after turn 7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gnomezilla

What exactly one-shot your reporter? :)

 

@4thstringer

Maybe, depending on the board, consider a Trapper instead of Johan?

Johan's pretty slow and the 3" ml range is an easy engagement (could be good and bad I guess, just to consider)

Do you know which faction you are playing against?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, too, am a failure pile when it comes to interference. U.U

I feel like when I take a high model count, my models get wiped off the table. When I go elite, there are also some issues that are fairly self explanatory. And finding that correct balance, especially in the guild, is a rather difficult task >.<

I do feel like Nellie probably gives us our best shot in this strategy, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even holding your own quarters often turns difficult against a summoner that cranks out 2-3 models a turn and can just flood your side while maintinging it's own zones through summons. You often score turn two but rarely the later turns.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could play for schemes and try to win 7-4 or 6-4

or bring some killy crew and try and just murder the lot of them and try and score whatever you can when the dust settles.

the guild is just lacking in durable low/medium cost models that are also either self sufficient or mobile. It's really not what we do.

though, if you even THINK you might get against a summoning crew, just bring Taelor. Even if you're completely wrong, she's still a really solid 10pt model, especially in a Nellie crew. Her Ml rng alone should be able to tie up a bunch of models and she's fairly durable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ryin said:

You could play for schemes and try to win 7-4 or 6-4

or bring some killy crew and try and just murder the lot of them and try and score whatever you can when the dust settles.

the guild is just lacking in durable low/medium cost models that are also either self sufficient or mobile. It's really not what we do.

though, if you even THINK you might get against a summoning crew, just bring Taelor. Even if you're completely wrong, she's still a really solid 10pt model, especially in a Nellie crew. Her Ml rng alone should be able to tie up a bunch of models and she's fairly durable.

Need to paint her too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

 

As an aside, please reassure me that field reporters are worthwhile. Their cards say they are difficult to target, but I've been trying one lately, and she has gotten one-shotted 100% of the time. :mellow:

Shadow emissary loves one shotting them from range.   As do snipers.  But otherwise their disguise makes them hard to one shot by everything but heavy beaters,  whom should take them in 1 round.  They are 4 pt models after all.

 

4 hours ago, Tris said:

 

 

@4thstringer

Maybe, depending on the board, consider a Trapper instead of Johan?

Johan's pretty slow and the 3" ml range is an easy engagement (could be good and bad I guess, just to consider)

Do you know which faction you are playing against?

Probably tt (mei) with a chance of arcanists (any) or nb (lilith, titania or jacob)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Probably tt (mei) with a chance of arcanists (any) or nb (lilith, titania or jacob)

So, more like a "no" :P

Thank you nonetheless :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tris Nothing Beast...Viktoria of Ashes with her gun (I was shocked she even had one)...something else...and in 1 AP each time also, the manipulative hasn't mattered yet, that's what irks me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then they are unlucky as I think both Nothing Beast and Vik kill them on a Severe.

The Manipulative is there not to stop them being attacked. Its to drain some cards from low Wp models.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

@Tris Nothing Beast...Viktoria of Ashes with her gun (I was shocked she even had one)...something else...and in 1 AP each time also, the manipulative hasn't mattered yet, that's what irks me.

Ok, so Viktoria got you because you didn't know she could shoot, and at least the Nothing Beast can't charge you, so it had to walk and hit as well as damage you with at least medium(?), maybe even severe, as trikk already mentioned....

And yes, Manipulative and terrifying are abilities to eat cards and hope for black jokers, mostly :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the main topic:

Nellie is my go-to Interference master due to Misleading Headlines and Propaganda. I usually have around 9 models in Interference and combining this with 2-3 activations passed I can swiftly reposition to either go 1:1 or 1:0 depending on how may enemy plans to score. Propaganda also allows you to either push your own models or enemy models into the middle line or the 6" center bubble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played it.  My opponent and I got bogged down due to the terrain with many models in a scrum in the middle of the board.  Piece trade went down, with johan doing 8 damage to his emissary before dying to yaz, peacekeeper and death marshall managing to kill yaz, mei coming in and wrecking the damaged peacekeeper and death marshall, then phiona, printing press and nellie being able to come in and basically kill everything else due to a lucky init flip and some high cards.  I always forget the aura on the printing press, and it was legit powerful in that scrum.  Had mei vented steam instead of going after phiona, it would have been a much tougher game for me (especially to get all three from extinguish).

I had the field reporter and big jake playing hopscotch with an emberling on the other side of the board.  Their attacks were all too weak to kill each other, but I was able to push emberling to the side that big jake was on, to help me farm the points for interference while denying my opponent his second quarter.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...