Starting Kiria

OakleyBrave

Hey everyone, so I have recently decided to start a Kirai crew. She's my first rezzer master but not my first crew (play neverborn) and I really like her fluff and her models and I want to know what to get first when purchasing her because the easter sale is coming up and is always a good time to buy. I plan on buying Izamu and Datsue Ba but im not really sure what else i really need and would appreciate the help.

• Like 1

I'm in pretty much the same position myself. Just stepping into the Ressers and have decided to give Kirai a go. Looking at it Izamu and Datsu Ba seem the main choices, but I was also looking at getting Shikome and some Goryo. Oh and a flesh construct to eat the wounds of. I also have the Molly and Yan Lo box sets so will probably use Philip and the Nanny and Chiaki at some point.

Looking forward to reading other suggestions though.

• Like 2

You know there are no real advantages to buying during the Easter sale this year? (unless you're buying special editions and want to combine the postage). 

Kirai is a strong summoning master, so you probably ought to look carefully at what she can summon.

For her, it's Seishin, Night Terrors, Gaki, Onryo, The drowned, Shikome and The hanged. (and goryo but not sure if thats out yet)

You almost certainly won't summon all of these every game, and will find that you want to go for a set pattern. 

The other thing to look at is She needs to damage friendly models to summon, so you will probably want to pick models to support that. Flesh construct is one popular option, another approach is going for 2 night terrors, who will probably die from your summoning, but with Datsuba, you can turn those death into scheme markers. 

I think Datsuba is a good choice (and she gets you the last  seishin). 

Izamu can mix well with here swirl spirits, 

• 3 weeks later...

Datsue Ba is in almost all my lists with Kirai.

Anna Lovelace is incredible against Ten Thunders.

Summoning The Hanged models are incredible and irritate your opponent to no end.

I've played with Goryo a few times, and each time  they pay off for summoning them.

Izamu is nice to swirl him into models or for placement.

Yin-believe it or not, is a very useful model to lock down certain models with, especially since Kirai can shoot into combat without randomizing.

Belles....just can't go wrong, even after their "cuddle", they're still incredible.

Crooligans have become my favorite scheme runners. And they give -1 to wp for Datsue and Ikiryo