Zoraida - who to take ?

LordJackel

I've never taken RR or the pig in my Zordaida lists. As for the 2nd question, both are viable, depending on the shemes and opponents. McTavish is a beast when it comes to long range fights. Combine him with Zoraida and even a Dopplegänger and you have a lot of shots to fire in one turn. I mostly use Juju with my swampfiend lists. With his upgrade, he makes life difficult for your opponent, as they can't leave him up taking objectives or killing stuff, but also have to think twice before killing another swampfiend once he's burried as he will just unburry and continue to be annoying.

depends what sort of crew you are looking at. For a swampfiend crew then McTavish is a great addition, as are the Spawn Mother and Bad Juju. You can then look through all the minions like silurids, waldergiests, gupps and wild boars.

If you're looking at Build-a-bear or a doll, centric list then you'll need the Widow Weaver and possible some Stitched together.

For both of the above you will need Will-o-the-Wisps, which are fantastic models with Zoraida.

She can also run quite a good Lure list, with Lelu, Lilitu, Baby Kade and Doppleganger. Obeying Lilitu to do Wispers in darkness giving her and Lelu positives on ALL duels is awesome.

As you can see, Zoraida can do pretty much whatever you want her to so there isn't really a list of models you need to take with her. Anything will do. Though I, personally, take Nurse and Wisps in practically all my Zoraida lists.

21 hours ago, feagaur said:

As you can see, Zoraida can do pretty much whatever you want her to so there isn't really a list of models you need to take with her. Anything will do. Though I, personally, take Nurse and Wisps in practically all my Zoraida lists.

Why the Nurse ? I tried her in a couple of games and she never really had that big of an impact.

6 hours ago, Mununkulus said:

Why the Nurse ? I tried her in a couple of games and she never really had that big of an impact.

Paralyze anything more or less automatically through the voodoo doll usually has an impact on my games. Obeying one to heal yourself with Zoraida is also really strong sinceyou remove paralyzed at the end of the same activation ao you heal full without loosing a single ap if you do it for your last ap.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mununkulus said:

The nurse can be used both as an offensive piece, paralysing opponents or forcing them to take only actions they don't want to (forcing a big hitter that's just charged into your crew to only take walk or interact actions is great). Or can help your own crew. giving your crew +2 walk in the first turn to get up the board quicker, or +2 melee on a pouncing baby made can put his min damage up to 7! Stick Lilitu and a doppelgänger behind him and lure things in! The nurse is so versatile. and she brings healing which is pretty sparse in Neverborn.

• Like 1

If I bring in a war pig I'm bringing in a mercenary wog whisperer (in all likelihood) because a reactivating warpig that can be obeyed is a wonderful way to ruin someones day.

I'm yet to try rooster riders and am presently focused on my neverborn (after playing gremlins for 1.5 years) so wont be coming back round to that neck of the bayou for a while.

Bad Juju pops up when I want area of effect/bombing crew, I plan to run him with spawn mother and gupps but Zoraida is presently on hold for me till I bring my skill level up with other masters (Zoraida's my most competitive master).

McTavish will find his way into about 50% of all my Zoraida lists as he has some great adaptability and works well with an aesthetics/themed swampfiend crew.

I will almost always have at least one waldgiest, sometimes a silurid (rarely 2 since gupps are now released- sadly I own nine)
I would also like to try the First Mate (will convert a silurid for this till I get zipps box).

I do enjoy using a nurse but that tends to become a crutch, I plan to convert one to have a vodoo theme so at least it fits aesthetically, although with Zoraidas mind control background I don't consider it unfluffy.
I've only had one test run with wisps but will be including them in any list with the spawn mother and will probably have one with zoraida most the time (when she gets table time again).

Wild boars are useful if you dont take the upgrade for from the shadows swamp fiends, gators are very hit or miss but certainly divert attention from other models.

I also enjoy doll factory zoraida with widow weaver, wicked dolls, stitched together and maybe a teddy, summon the vodoo doll hem, abuse the hell out of it with conditions kill it and either summon a wicked doll or save for a teddy (wash - rinse - repeat) stitched are amazing for this as if you're lucky you can one hit the doll from an obey or one of their ap, weaver can also make hem near impossible to resist for many models.

I'm yet to do the iggy thing mainly because I really dislike Iggy's model but there are plenty of amusing conditions you can spam on the doll, one I enjoyed with Gremlins but haven't mind controlled into Neverborn is lenny (hugs and squeezes can immobilize the hemmed model and tossing the hemmed doll into them to make them insignificant and cause damage is also nice). 

• Like 2