CL0WN Prince in Malifaux

Jokerboy

• 3 weeks later...

Well, that was rather sad :D 

Did it take luck for the Desolation Engine to finish off McCabe? Of course the massive card advantage from the Abominations helps but still, it needed to do 14 wounds (with a weird effect in the middle that might waste some of the damage of the first killing blow) with Ml 6 against Df 6 and SS use through five attacks.

That said, I'm not sure that McCabe barely surviving first turn would've made a difference at all. So even if it was somewhat lucky, I doubt it would've mattered much. And I'm honestly asking whether you felt that it was lucky because I honestly am not sure.

Also, and this might be a silly question since I have so little experience against Levi + Deso Engine, but how did the Engine charge McCabe? Wasn't it Slow?

Ghost Rider against Joker would be interesting, though - Penance Stare would likely melt Joker's face off :P 

On ‎15‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 1:36 PM, Math Mathonwy said:

Well, that was rather sad :D 

Did it take luck for the Desolation Engine to finish off McCabe? Of course the massive card advantage from the Abominations helps but still, it needed to do 14 wounds (with a weird effect in the middle that might waste some of the damage of the first killing blow) with Ml 6 against Df 6 and SS use through five attacks.

That said, I'm not sure that McCabe barely surviving first turn would've made a difference at all. So even if it was somewhat lucky, I doubt it would've mattered much. And I'm honestly asking whether you felt that it was lucky because I honestly am not sure.

Also, and this might be a silly question since I have so little experience against Levi + Deso Engine, but how did the Engine charge McCabe? Wasn't it Slow?

Ghost Rider against Joker would be interesting, though - Penance Stare would likely melt Joker's face off :P 

I think I forgot to mention a RJ flip while hitting the dismounted McCabe. (so that was probably luck, but since I went through most of my deck and the BJ was already gone I was pretty sure to flip it)

Actual after reading the rulebook again, I found out that we play Slow wrong at our LGS for quite a while. We thought you just lose 1 AP (in this case Ml-Expert) but it has to be a general AP.

Wouldn't have changed a lot for this game, but we definitely have to fix this in our community :huh: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.5.2017 at 3:00 PM, Jokerboy said:

I think I forgot to mention a RJ flip while hitting the dismounted McCabe. (so that was probably luck, but since I went through most of my deck and the BJ was already gone I was pretty sure to flip it)

Actual after reading the rulebook again, I found out that we play Slow wrong at our LGS for quite a while. We thought you just lose 1 AP (in this case Ml-Expert) but it has to be a general AP.

Wouldn't have changed a lot for this game, but we definitely have to fix this in our community :huh: 

That was a game I won't forget for a long time :D...nor the Deso Engine hahaha

On 16.5.2017 at 3:00 PM, Jokerboy said:

I never even encountered any one of you playing that wrong - if I had, I would`ve said something as that was always clear to me :P

I´m shocked about the fact that everyone else has played that wrong the whole time :o

;)