What do you like about the King's Empire?

Carrrl

Black powder burning into booms, incredible ironshod industrialisation and the sounds of soldiers shooting. No matter if you are seasoned veteran, or a lowly recruit drafted way too young, I order you to say what you like about the empire.

It might be their bravery to stand against the Guild, or their stylish uniforms. Share the things that makes the Empire great, or get stuck with latrine duty!

I was originally planning to play Empire, and am still getting some, but now as a second faction. Really love the models, in particular Margaret Belle, King's Hand, Dragoons and Grenadiers. Being British (and an Army Brat) the aesthetic strikes a chord with me, although will totally paint in a more colonial style than ww1: there is no point in camouflage and trenches when your enemies either strike with magic or would quite like to be in the trench with you... redcoats all the way!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is the first game that I'm aware of that represent Wales with miniatures so I felt I had to, further backed up by the fact I love Margaret's model and the Artillery piece. I'm also looking forward to painting the dragoons.

Though after watching Black Panther I am starting to reconsider towards Abyssinia.

The South Wales borderers, the King's hand, The artillery team and Edmonton are really going to push me over that tyrant level pledge. I'm trying so hard to not like the Earth factions. I really am...

The fact that I would have to spend a ton to add artillery team and my favorite Abyssinia models separately is helping quench the urge.

But you guys aren't really helping either. British conspiracies at work here..

• 2 months later...

I love the WW1 aesthetic of the units, not to mention the Kings Hand being the best looking Titan of the bunch. 

They've also got some great stratagems, possibly the best of the available allegiances. It gives them a strong tactical feel, with plenty of objective manipulation and subterfuge. If I wasn't so into the maDnESS oF tHe bURniNG mAn, Kings Empire would totally be my Allegiance of choice. :)