What do you like about the Gibbering Hordes?

Carrrl

HHAGGAAGG BRARLHGLLR, LRBRAAGH GAHHRL RAGGBLH HRG BAGHHA GRHHBGL AAARBHG. No matter if you have spent years underwater, eating all your friends, or if you just feel at home on the beach, I want to hear what you think of this allegiance. 

It might be the eating your own to survive, the unlimited waves of minions or perhaps the half cute/half creepy critters. Share the things that makes you happy, and quickly, you never know when the bigger fish eats you.

To me, the best thing about Gibbering Hordes is that they're a "Horde" army done right. No need to hire hundreds of cheap mooks, just keep bringing back the ones that die every turn!

The aesthetic certainly doesn't hurt either of course, not to mention the Cthulu-type vibe, links with Meridion and the shared ancestry with my original favourite minion in Malifaux - the Silurid. ;) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While my aesthetics lean towards Aby, if I pick up a second Allegiance (or convince my partner that she wants to pick one up), it would likely be this one. These two comments stand out:

On 4/10/2017 at 10:11 PM, Rathnard said:

To me, the best thing about Gibbering Hordes is that they're a "Horde" army done right. No need to hire hundreds of cheap mooks, just keep bringing back the ones that die every turn!

The aesthetic certainly doesn't hurt either of course, not to mention the Cthulu-type vibe, links with Meridion and the shared ancestry with my original favourite minion in Malifaux - the Silurid. ;) 

On 4/26/2017 at 2:36 PM, Asinus Sum said:

I quite enjoy the gibbering, and the hordes.

But in all seriousness, the Lovecraftian angle is nice, the Karkanoi are great because I love bug models, and the sweet, sweet recursion. Oh also landsharks.

Having played some other systems where "Horde" was accomplished via hundreds of dudes and dudespam, I definitely appreciate the whole "spend a resource, get your old friend(s) back" approach to endless hordes. I especially love the Lovecraftian/Cthulhu look and feel of many of the models. The Alpha makes me think of the Rancor from Star Wars and I'm pretty sure I can sell my partner on the Whelks without even trying.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...