Hired Shikome

Does anyone have any tried and tested 35ss and 50ss crews which utilise hired Shikome? I really want to get mine on the table, but am not entirely certain of their merits as hires. I keep reading posts which say that they are decent hires for McMourning (because of the Poison interaction), but cannot find any examples of crews which use them.

Well I don't own them but they should do well with Crooked Men or Onryo as both can put out poison at range. Onryo can also do adversary stuff can't they as spirits? An adversary based model, some onryo with that 0 cost upgrade and some shikome sounds like a brutal crew for killing, you would need to provide something else for scheming though.

I don't have any specific crews, but anything with ranged poison can match well with them. The Guild Autopsies have poison at 12" and are cheaper than Crooked Men. if you can give them Fast, they can cover a lot of ground with Flight. They are good for scheme runner hunting, but they are squishy. Once they get attacked, they will go down quickly unless you can heal them somehow.

I use them on occasion and they can be solid, but nothing amazing really. Fast, scheme running killers that can get Adversary out if you have other spirits. 

• 4 weeks later...

Take one with McMourning, you pretty much want to use it with the Chihuahua, pick something you need to die and have the Chihuahua poison it then have the shikome roll up and kill it. If you REALLY want something dead have the Chihuahua and shikome team up with Rafkin too. 

It's all about the scent of death, chargin for a (1). It's like having a 12" charge. 

• Like 1