Custom gunsmithing

Think I went with customer grip, custom action for extra 2" range and + to the duel. Multi barrelled on a gun which already had multiple barrells giving me the option to empty all 9 barrells at once for a 6/7b/7b damage track. Think I also got it to be shiny for showing off purposes!

• Like 1

To be fair, the gunsmith gun is basically a normal gun that has a trigger for each suit.  That said from your post I am not entirely sure what your goal is.  Are you asking how to mimic this or are you asking about making some sort of gun customization chart?

Pretty sure you cannot stack Multi-barrel, if you have multi-barrel you just can fire everything in a single go *the rules do not limit how much of the capacity you can fire in a single volley*.  If you mean having a model with Tri-barrel and then try to give it multi-barrel I imagine the multi-barrel rules would overwrite Tri-barrel.

4 hours ago, Steamtastic Vagabond said:

I think the best way to handle this is to assign points to various parameters to the guns, I'll probably write something up later.

Custom Gun Smithing 

The custom guns I think should be handled with a point system similarly to constructs and cobbled. In the end, a gun should balance out at 0 points.

A gun gains +1 points for each of the following instances.

A weak damage of at least 3

A severe damage of at least 5

A capacity higher than 6 (7+)

A reload time of 2 or less

A range higher than 10

+1 for each of the following abilities (ITS)
Accurate
Aquatic
Blued 
Brutal
Burst Fire
Concealable
Deadly
Disabling
Flaming
Full Auto
Intimidating
Multi-Barrel
Penetrating
Powerful
Precise
Snaring
Stunning
Tether

A gun gains +2 points for each of the following instances.

If the weapon has any of the following abilities (ITS)
Gatling
Grapeshot

A gun loses -1 point for each of the following instances.

A weak damage of 1 or less

A severe damage of 3 or less

A capacity of 2 or less

A reload time of 3 or higher

A range of 6 or less

Every 15 scrip the weapon costs (15 = -1, 30 = -2)

If the weapon has any of the following abilities (ITS)
Finely Tuned
Heavy
Shoddy
Special Ammo                                                     Steam Powered

This list took 18 minutes to put together but I have been comteplating this all day.

Edited by Steamtastic Vagabond
  • Like 2

Honestly, I think the original TTB book's method for custom Melee weapons would be better.  Where you have a set of template weapons and options for modifications but have a more extensive list of modifications that include ones that give triggers.  The problem with a tick for tack is that you will have those players that just break it and would require the whole thing to have a Fatemaster approval on all weapons.

Example: Gun with 3/3/3 damage spread (+1 for weak damage, -1 for Severe Damage) range 10" (0), Capacity higher than 6 (Going to say 40 rounds here just cause, +1), Reload 3 (-1), Cost of 15 scrip (-1), Finely Tuned (-1), and Gatling (+2).  So it shoots 20 rounds a go, so even if you say Capacity 40 or 60 you are only getting 2-3 shots.  But you triple the damage against a single target so the damage spread is basically 9/9/9.  Sure the bullets are going to cost a ton but you can basically mulch a single target.  If you are willing to drop extra scrip on the original gun take it costing 45 scrip for a (-3) and get Reload 2 so you can get the Speed Reload trigger from Mercenary to auto reload on Ram.

Even if you were not going with the crazy gatling option you can go with a 3/3/3, 10", Capacity 6, Reload 2, and a Cost of 15 Scrip.  Or 3/3/3, 10", Capacity 6, Reload 2, Multi-Barrel, Finely Tuned, and a Cost of 15 Scrip.  That would let you fire it Multi-Barrel with the speed reload trigger, spending 6 rounds a go but doing 6/6/6 damage.  Or 3/3/3, 10", Capacity 6, Reload 2, Fine Tuned, Snaring, and a Cost of 15 Scrip.  Even if you do not allow a damage spread like 3/3/3, you are only upping the cost 15 scrip or some other little tack at which case it has something like a 3/4/5.  So on the first gatling pistol example above it cost 30 scrip but your damage spread becomes 9/12/15.

I am not trying to say that a chart like this would be a bad idea *with some adjustments of course*, but it would have to be one that a Fatemaster heavily monitors.  I think either using the current guns with more modification options, or doing as I said and making a series of template guns you can modify is the clearer approach.  If you do stick with a list like Steamtastic's, I would suggest taking an approach like the core magic, where you have a base damage spread and either go up or down on a damage chart *So -1 to go from 2/3/4 to 1/2/3, or +1 to go from 2/3/4 to 2/4/5, or +2 to go to 3/4/5 or something like that*.  I would also drop gatling as an option as it is just nasty.  Burst Fire, Multi-Barrel, or Full Auto is enough to represent machine gun like fire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EnternalVoid said:

Personally I am curious what Mason and them will do with the weapon options when they do redo the core book for TTB here.

I think it's entirely possible than some of the new things being added would have been taken from the player creations forum. Also, imagine what sunspotter would come up with!

9 hours ago, EnternalVoid said:

Personally I am curious what Mason and them will do with the weapon options when they do redo the core book for TTB here.

Well, the weird "Pneumatic" weapon rule from the Fated Almanac is gone, for one.

Now it works just like other weapon skills... which means that we have a few  pneumatic weapons in the book, including a pneumatic chainsaw and a pneumatic bonesaw.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mason said:

Well, the weird "Pneumatic" weapon rule from the Fated Almanac is gone, for one.

Now it works just like other weapon skills... which means that we have a few  pneumatic weapons in the book, including a pneumatic chainsaw and a pneumatic bonesaw.

I am so excited for the new core rulebook even more now?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mason said:

Ya I like this.  Was always put off with how that worked.  We needed some good pneumatic weapons.  I approve.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a quick look at your document:
-if you build a weapon from scratch, what is the base damage of the weapon?
-why not incraease the damage acccording to the scale of the "increase damage immuto" from the magic chapter
-all features should not be worth the same, some are really better than others

As it is I can't test your system, mainly because there is no base damage for the weapons

• 1 year later...