suddene

75+ painted assorted Wyrd Miniatures & cards collection value ? images attached

Hey guys, I acquired a bunch of painted miniatures from a good friend a couple years back with intentions to get involved with the Wyrd world but unfortunately I have been so busy with work and school I was never able to do so. Can anyone with the knowledge let me know an approximate value of these? I'm clueless to what they are worth. Are the ones I have common? uncommon? rare?  any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking of giving them to my nephew but if they realistically have some value I might just sell the entire collection to someone who might appreciate them and know more about them.

there are a deck of cards and like 77 painted models. a couple are slightly broken need to be glued and there is dice and some stones and foam placement bag..please see photo album link. thanks for any insight on this guys!

the gallery is here  for all the images

https://goo.gl/photos/r31tXPbir1WgcjiA9

below are just some quick photosQKJKeP5w2BqnLPpzccl1lkmc6LVNtI6B5w7kyouo-UTRHpFlH5rd0vx89n05X2jUD4BSagbdatzkdgRMIgtv_jmUVki35EPXz1AglS2Evh72lRPA2zFzXAiM

mNteqSt3hZKhnfm19RgpGB0qsSuMr32_eIP8y1NR

TEe3jjzkpBKm5NC00ComQvFl6mYz75iLXYwS8HfmHxJpOzNXWkul1msXpRt_NfTW7Cb7doZPTbbh6jN83Dlx6a8EswlpDIIZggJWPRJ5DaemxZGjNDkBuZOs9wRGFmEN4HJ-c0NA39TeJY-jJ68WAydxJhRw9R0WN3u7740ashEFTkw8QEePVIVlrvSxd7zG-iGPdCI_ImoJHw_GIW391ut5MTeno910y52rVfDIousICs0U

Its always hard judging value on painted models.  Looks like you have at least 6-7 crews there +extras, and a couple bonus masters.  Most  of what you have looks to be first edition metal models, everything has seen a resculpt in plastic at this point often with nicer sculpts but preferences vary.  You do have some Avatar sculpts, these were not remade in plastic, and count as a stand in for faction emissaries, sometimes these are in demand.

Models of Note are:

Miss Terious - woman leaning on coffin - alternate sculpt death marshal that tends to be popular

Misaki - red/yellow woman on rock.  A lot of people like her 1e sculpt, and the plastic version of the sculpt is on the harder end to get

Avatar Viktorias - 2 angry stabby woman on 1 50mm base

Avatar Lady Justice - Lady with giant red/green spirits coming out of her hands

Avatar Rasputina - Girl curled up in the ice golem

Avatar Sonnia - Giant Fire Snake, though looks like you're missing the sonnia model that attaches to it.

Snowstorm - big furry antlered guy in your group shot, his m2e version looks a lot different so some people prefer 1e

Avatar Sohmer - big hatted gremlin on pig

If you going to get profit from this collection you have two ways.

1. Make some lots like "Lucius crew with extras". List it here or through E-bay with detailed photos. And you get $30-60 for each, especially via auction.
2. Make detailed roster of all models with one photo of model+card and price for each. Then you get at least $250 but probably 'll sell only 80% of collection and not so fast.

For both ways you need competitive player which will agree to structure lists and advice you about prices. Such person almost certainly can be found in local game store of your city.

The other model of interest that metaphoric Drgn missed is the female hog whisperer (holding the bottle of milk). I don't have a clue on the value of things but she is hard to obtain. 

As metaphoricdragon said + the Gremlin alternative Hog Whisperer that Adran mentioned, those are the hard to optain to rare models. Granted, I found Misaki for 9€ at a hobby store last year, new and OVP.

The Avatar models - is you can optain them - go for roughly 30€ new in Germany. Though all thouse you've got are sold out, so they might fetch more. On the other hand, they are painted, that will make them harder to sell for good $$$. (If you consider selling them single, you might want to dump them in Sterilium or the like to strip the paint before that).

Then again, if you want to sell them, I'd probably not sell them bit by bit - people will buy the juicy models for cheap and you will be left with a pile of models nobody wants. I'd make bundles + extra goody like trixter suggestet.

Example: The metal watcher - 5th/6th picture on the right, next to the old lady with a shotgun - people like to play two of them but the new plastic ones only come in a crew box. So I could see that people would like to get a single watcher for cheap, but they wouldn't buy Hoffman (last picture on the right) as he's already in the crew box and you can only play one master.

@ergonomic cat:

If you are hinting at a certain missus, so would I ;). Too bad I'm to far away for shippment etc. anyway. :/

So, Miss Terious should fetch a good price.

While it's often true that people prefer unpainted models, 1. it would be a deep shame to wipe out an entire painted collection and 2. there are some of us that really only buy painted models (like me!).  While there are less of us, we do exist. ;)  

I go back and forth on the selling as a lot issue.  I've had lots that didn't sell, because people didn't want everything I had, and weren't willing to overpay for stuff they didn't want and I either lost a sale or just threw in models for free (which is basically the equivalent of not selling them).  I've also had situations where I ended up with a handful of leftover models at the end that no one wanted.  I can't say for sure which one worked out better in the end.

2 minutes ago, Treehouse said:

@ergonomic cat:

If you are hinting at a certain missus, so would I ;). Too bad I'm to far away for shippment etc. anyway. :/

So, Miss Terious should fetch a good price.

She's one of the two that I realized I wanted on review. ;)  McTavish is the other.  I've never seen a painted McTavish available, and I'm a horrible painter.

To the OP, I'd say your best bet is to pull out the unique ones, and I think people would be happy to help you find a fair price.  Then for the rest, you can either make bundles or just make a list and price them out individual.  Generally, there are a few price points for stuff - each size as a single, and each size that comes in a set of 3.

I usually use Gadzooksgaming.com as a general guide for how much something is worth as a one off.

@E.cat

Miss Terious is a gorgeous model, no question. Too bad that special offers and promotions are hard to come by here. Make sme a sad panda.

Yeah - it's hard to decide which way to go...I guess you can end up with bad bargains any way you do it. That's why I've rarly bothered to sell anything. If I paind like 400€ for a Warmachine army and even painted all of them (oh hours where art thou?) and I could only sell them for, say 100, or even 150€, I'd rather have them sitting in my cabinet looking nice.

Though, if anybody wants some Spacemarines, Imperial Guard or Eldar for cheap, I'd love to get those out of my hand :P

@OP: I agree with e.cat, that's probably the better way to go.