Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So I was wondering if Nellie is any good with Death Marshals + Recruiters? Now that Dade is out I was wondering if there are any synergy between Marshals and Guardsman? Or, are there any fun synergies that might work well with Nellie and Marshals? Would love to hear your thoughts.

So Phiona with her Ch:8 works with mounted guards cavalry charge. Also if Cap. Dash takes his Guild Guard summoning upgrade than Phiona might get some fun interactions with her "Look Out" 

Sadly Guild Marshals, (Death and Recruiters) are not Guardsman so Dade doesn't get her buff from them. But are there other more clever combo's out there that are not intuitive? Would love to hear your ideas.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to think there aren't soulstones enough to mix two themes in a crew, so no guardsmen bubble alongside a marshal bubble, but that the tricks come in giving a single theme to a master you wouldn't expect. Take the journalists away from Nellie (Phiona and reporters) and give them to McCabe or Lucius who will be bringing the thralls and going bonkers whenever journalists drop schemes. Give Nellie the marshals (Judge and recruiter) so she can multiply the number of attacks they lay down and defend them against second attacks of a charge, and they defend her and themselves against a killing blow. Run constructs alongside Lady Justice defending her (guardian), working as her off-flank (Ryle and peacekeeper), getting bonuses from her killing things (hunters and wardens). Place a single well-chosen Family member in a Hoffman construct bubble for companion fun, and for bonus points boxaport it with the emissary so it pops out in base-to-base to give the emissary a Family unique buff when it chain activates. Fill out McMourning's poison crew with witch hunters so the enemy is both poisoned and burning and won't be clearing everything with one shot of condition removal. That sort of thing.

Which reminds me, how does Nellie move upfield with any rapidity? Does a journo poke her with a pen for a scheme marker for a push on turn one?

I fiddle with the guardsmen with McCabe or Lucius since they're mostly minions and those are the minion masters. Lucius' new superior aura of positive flips for same is good for a mass of guardsmen, McCabe's toys better for a smaller quantity. When it comes time to test Dade she'll go with them, taking the experimental slot alloted to either Dashel or a sergeant at the moment alongside Lucius, and possibly bringing transparency if thralls are also around. She'd better be pretty good to justify losing (0) focus for three or four guardsmen, though. A focused warden is a sleeper threat, in melee or ranged. The only thing I want her to do on the table is to once hang around when a multiple-attacks-per-AP melee model activates, and slowly bleed it....

One thing the death marshal recruiter does that we generally don't is attack buried models. If I otherwise was running the theme of witch hunters, and guessed I was facing one of the local Tara infestation, I might season that with a witchling handler, set up 'burn them all' and have the recruiter set her precious buried models on fire.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Well a fun combination is use Nellie to push a target 5" towards a deathmarshall and if you burn evidence it then lets the marshall get a pine box attempt. 

I should probably post this question in a new thread but the general consensus of Nellie's Propaganda attack is that she cannot push a target 5" with the Guilt trigger and then take a free swing with the Angry Mob trigger in the same activation correct? This is because even though you can declare multiple triggers, the angry mob trigger reads, "After Succeeding....within 2" so if you push a target an amount of inches up to 5, unless it was within 2" after succeeding this trigger cannot be taken. am I wrong?

 

Angry Mob: After succeeding, choose another friendly model within 2"of the target to make a (1) y Attack against the target, if able.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I'm starting to think there aren't soulstones enough to mix two themes in a crew, so no guardsmen bubble alongside a marshal bubble, but that the tricks come in giving a single theme to a master you wouldn't expect. Take the journalists away from Nellie (Phiona and reporters) and give them to McCabe or Lucius who will be bringing the thralls and going bonkers whenever journalists drop schemes. Give Nellie the marshals (Judge and recruiter) so she can multiply the number of attacks they lay down and defend them against second attacks of a charge, and they defend her and themselves against a killing blow. Run constructs alongside Lady Justice defending her (guardian), working as her off-flank (Ryle and peacekeeper), getting bonuses from her killing things (hunters and wardens). Place a single well-chosen Family member in a Hoffman construct bubble for companion fun, and for bonus points boxaport it with the emissary so it pops out in base-to-base to give the emissary a Family unique buff when it chain activates. Fill out McMourning's poison crew with witch hunters so the enemy is both poisoned and burning and won't be clearing everything with one shot of condition removal. That sort of thing.

THANKS! this is great advice with both general strategy and specific examples, precisely what I was hoping for and very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Which reminds me, how does Nellie move upfield with any rapidity? Does a journo poke her with a pen for a scheme marker for a push on turn one?

So I almost always take a Watcher in my Nellie crew to get a bunch of evidence. love this model because its a minion with flight for 4 SS, all rare attributes in Guild but extremity useful for the evidence. 

Anyway, a fun combo I often utilize on my first turn is deploy Watcher and Nellie within 1", then take a walk action with Queeg ending within 6" If I've taken and passed his "Welcome to Hell and I am your Devil", then his "Put the fear in them" lets watcher place a scheme marker in base contact with Nellie as a 0 action if the Watcher passes the TN:12 which rockets Nellie up-field 6" if she uses her only 0 action.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thimblesage said:

So I almost always take a Watcher in my Nellie crew to get a bunch of evidence. love this model because its a minion with flight for 4 SS, all rare attributes in Guild but extremity useful for the evidence. 

Anyway, a fun combo I often utilize on my first turn is deploy Watcher and Nellie within 1", then take a walk action with Queeg ending within 6" If I've taken and passed his "Welcome to Hell and I am your Devil", then his "Put the fear in them" lets watcher place a scheme marker in base contact with Nellie as a 0 action if the Watcher passes the TN:12 which rockets Nellie up-field 6" if she uses her only 0 action.

I suppose that Queeg or Watcher could always just lay a scheme marker but depending on the situation I often find Queeg's "Welcome to Hell...." extremely useful for the entire turn. I often set up my second turn with a minion that doesn't have a 0 action placing a scheme marker in base contact with Nellie after she's moved; setting her up for another push the following turn. also, even if you'd get a free scheme marker with Nellie's unspent evidence, I still do it when things like search the ruins or dig their graves is in the pool. (or any other scheme marker scheme)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Thimblesage said:

I should probably post this question in a new thread but the general consensus of Nellie's Propaganda attack is that she cannot push a target 5" with the Guilt trigger and then take a free swing with the Angry Mob trigger in the same activation correct? This is because even though you can declare multiple triggers, the angry mob trigger reads, "After Succeeding....within 2" so if you push a target an amount of inches up to 5, unless it was within 2" after succeeding this trigger cannot be taken. am I wrong?

 

Angry Mob: After succeeding, choose another friendly model within 2"of the target to make a (1) y Attack against the target, if able.

You can choose the order that triggers resolve in since they are all the same time. So push the model first and now you can select guilty because the model is within 2" of a friendly model to get an attack off of

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The same Trigger may not be taken more than once in this way; you choose the order in which
to resolve them
. A single suit in the final duel total may be used for multiple Triggers.

So you can first push 5", then use Angry Mob.


As for Marshals:

I tried Judge with Nellie and he was VERY GOOD. She helps with his mobility and with Fast and A Debt to the Guild he did 18 damage to Hungering Darkness in one activation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trikk said:

So you can first push 5", then use Angry Mob.


As for Marshals:

I tried Judge with Nellie and he was VERY GOOD. She helps with his mobility and with Fast and A Debt to the Guild he did 18 damage to Hungering Darkness in one activation

How and why? Huggy doesn't even have that many wounds :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nellie + Marshals is something I want to try in the near future. I think push + bury (via angry mob) could be a nice way to play. I've done similar things in my last game with the emissary. I was very satisfying in extraction. Mabye next time when the schemes & strats fit, I'll build a crew based on that with a little bit more of distraction and denial. I'm curious how if it could work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting Nellie upfield with a good stack of evidence isn't that hard. Dade can push her 5" in exchange for slow (which a stalker then removes) or Queeg can charge to about 3" in front of Nellie and whip her twice for 6" of movement, 2 Evidence, and 2 damage. Then she gets an evidence from the Press, one from discarding a card, and she should be good to go for a turn 1 isolate-and-kill.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Getting Nellie upfield with a good stack of evidence isn't that hard. Dade can push her 5" in exchange for slow (which a stalker then removes) or Queeg can charge to about 3" in front of Nellie and whip her twice for 6" of movement, 2 Evidence, and 2 damage. Then she gets an evidence from the Press, one from discarding a card, and she should be good to go for a turn 1 isolate-and-kill.

Hmmm, just thought of how Nellie's ability resolves based off of this.

So if Nellie takes the Guild Funds upgrade she gains the trigger, "On The Record"  (Df/Wp (:tome) On The Record: After failing, this model gains the Evidence +1 Condition."

According to the General Timing, "Whenever any Ability happens at the same time as any Triggers, the Triggers are resolved first." So this means Nellie After Failing an attack (after step 5. 'Determine Success') and damage is flipped, Nellie gains evidence from her trigger then can lower that newly gained evidence to push with her ability ""Run From The Truth!": After a model within :aura8 fails an Attack Action, this model may lower the value of its Evidence Condition by 1 to push the model up to 4" in any direction, after the current Action is resolved."

 

Is this correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She can't use it for Run from the Truth because no one failed an Attack Action. The attack action succeeded and thats you got evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.3.2017 at 8:56 PM, admiralvorkraft said:

Getting Nellie upfield with a good stack of evidence isn't that hard. Dade can push her 5" in exchange for slow (which a stalker then removes) or Queeg can charge to about 3" in front of Nellie and whip her twice for 6" of movement, 2 Evidence, and 2 damage. Then she gets an evidence from the Press, one from discarding a card, and she should be good to go for a turn 1 isolate-and-kill.

But isn't this pretty card intensive as you can't relent the duel because of the "relenting-allows-no-defensive-triggers" rule?

 

edited for spelling reasons

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...