Tournament report infaux overload.

bertmac

So thought id do a quick write up of a tournament i played in last week.

Hazy on the details but thought it was worth noting down.

I played lilith all day the strats and schemes all seemed to favour aggressive crews.

Game 1. 

Close deployment. Guard the stash. Claim jump, dig their graves, accusation, recover evidence, quick murder.

My crew: lilith, beckon malifaux, wicked mistress, living blade. Nekima. Lilitu. Young nephilim. Stitched together. Doppleganger. Terror tot. Primordial magic.

My opponent was Paul Butler who i've played once before, a real gent who puts a lot of thought into every move. He was playing guild and brought Nellie who I haven't played against previously.

Enemy crew: nellie (not sure on upgrades). Phiona. Master queeg, promises + another upgrade i was unsure of. Death marshal recruiter. 2x field reporters. Watcher. Guardian. Printing press.

I took recover evidence and quick murder with phiona being the highest ss cost model on Pauls crew, Paul took dig their graves and recover evidence both obviously expecting recover to be fairly simple with close deployment.

Turn 1 was quite cautious although lilith managed to root the transfixing gaze the field reporter on my right flank killing her. Nellie pushed the stitched back and gave it slow plus the same to the young nephilim I believe nekima managed to get an attack on phiona dealing 2 damage after a ss prevention.

Turn 2. Nekima tried killing phiona but only managed to get her down to i believe 2 wounds nellie pushed nekima away and killed the stitched scoring for dig their graves. Pauls crew attacked nekima getting her down to about 4 wounds. Phiona got rooted by lilith so she couldnt run away. This turn. The watcher moves to the stash marker on my right but the majority of pauls crew is near the left one. Both score for the strat. Guild leads 2-1.

Turn 3. Both announce recover evidence.

Paul goes first and runs phiona away. I charge nellie with Nekima getting her down to 2 wounds then doing the 0 to black blood twice to kill nellie. The watcher dies and lilith moves towards the main battle at the left stash marker trying to root phiona to kill her but fails guild manage another dig their graves by killing the primordial magic. Guild lead 3-2. 

Turn 4. Phiona runs into the far corner and gives herself df7. Lilith kills the guardian. Nekima kills the field reporter after she'd picked up an evidence marker. Guild lead 4-3

Turn 5. Nekima kills the dm recruiter and picks up an evidence marker, lilith tries to kill phiona failing again. Young nephilim kills the printing press and the tot picks up an evidence.

Final score Neverborn win 6-4. 

This was a great game to start with and despite being behind all game once I had secured the right stash marker I always felt I could take the win once i'd chopped through the guild bodies in the way of the evidence markers. Paul was a great opponent and went on to get three wins from the remaining games.

• Like 1

Game 2 was versus Tom Thorpe playing outcasts.

The strategy was extraction, flank deployment. Schemes were: claim jump, frame for murder, leave your mark, tail em, quick murder.

I took Lilith with the same load out as game 1(in fact I took the same loadout every game.). Mr graves. Lilitu. Lelu 0upgrade. Young nephilim. Doppleganger. Illuminated. Primordial magic.

Tom took. Hamelin with the piper upgrade and one or two others. Ashes and dust. Nix. 2x winged plagues. 4 rats and some atolen i think.

I took claim jump and quick murder (a&d). Tom took frame for murder (a&d) and claim jump.

I've only played hamelin once and not against as experienced player as Tom. Happily he whizzed through his activations and we got the game done in about an hour and 15 minutes. 

Turn 1. So essentially the rats did their thing out activating me and i moved my crew defensively getting close to the extraction marker a&d got in between a bunch of my crew and did some damage to graves. 

Turn 2. A&d killed off graves and created an abomination. Nix moves into the general melee with lelu lilitu illuminated and a&d. Doppleganger drops a scheme marker as does lilith after making a rat king slow and doing some damage. The abom dies and a&d takes a bit of damage. Both score for strat and claim jump. 2-2

Turn 3. A&d dies to i think the illuminated 2 points ffm for my opponent 3 points quick murder for me. Lelu and lilitu do some damage to nix whilst nix hands out blighted to them piling it up on the illuminated. Lilith and the young neph start killing rat kings and dust storm kills doppleganger. The winged plagues drop markers for claim jump. Both score strat plus 3 points for schemes 6-6.

Turn 4. Illuminated has 5 blighted so goes first and kills ashen core (which had taken black blood damage earlier) with a red joker damage flip. Nix kills the illuminated then lelu kills nix with attacks plus his ability to take 1 damage to draw and discard a card. Lilith and the young kill a bunch of enemies within 6 of the extraction marker but hamelin walks in to score. Both score the strat outcasts score final point for claim jump. 8-7 outcasts.

Turn 5 dust storm moves in but fails to kill anything both winged plagues move within 6" of the extraction marker. Lilitu drops a scheme marker on half way and in a move my opponent forgot i could do primordial magic moves onto halfway to score claim jump.

Final score 9-9.

I was a bit wary facing hamelin but Tom didnt faff about and got through his turns quickly and was a good laugh to play, I was really happy to get the draw and go into the lunch with a nearly 2 hour break. 

Game 3.

Up against clubmate Dom Westerland and his gremlins.

Corner deployment. Reckoning. Claim jump. Eliminate the leadership. Frame for murder. Setup. Last stand.

I knew i'd likely be facing Zipp and had a cunning plan.

Lilith (usual upgrades). Primordial magic. Lilitu. Mysterious effigy. Coppelius. Mature nephilim, retributions eye. Teddy, a thousand faces.

Dom brings Zipp. The first mate. Iron skeeter. Burt Jebsen with i think dirty cheater. Merris. 2xlightning bugs. Stuffed piglet. Zipps totem.

I took elliminate the leadership and frame for murder on teddy. 

Dom took setup on teddy and claim jump.

Turn 1 merris and a lightning bug run up one flank coppelius goes up the other.  Lilith heads towards merris. Teddy, the mature, lilitu, and effigy go up the middle. Burt and the skeeter just walk once out of the deployment zone. First mate drops a scheme marker near the middle. Zipp moves towards the midfield and may habe dropped a scheme marker.

Turn 2. Lilith roots then transfixing gazes merris into a fence killing her. Still lots of positioning although teddy manages to push to the lightning bug and kill it. Zipp throws teddy about a bit getting him down to about 4 wounds and in between 3 markers the lightning bug drops a marker. Dom scores 3 for setup and 1 for claim jump. I score 1 for reckoning.

Turn 3. I win initiative. Between teddy flurrying and mature nephilim charging both ignoring triggers thanks to retributions eye (getting the second one thanks to a thousand faces) zipp dies scoring me 3 for eliminate the leadership. Burt jebsen kills teddy. Scoring me 2 points for frame for murder. Lilith kills the lightning bug on my left flank for another reckoning point. He had dropped 2 scheme markers for claim jump but i only noticed 1. 7-4 neverborn.

Turn 4. Dom goes into denial mode moving everything away from me. I manage to kill burt jebsen and moving away from the scheme markers with lilith dom scores another point for claim jump. 7-5 neverborn.

I think i may have managed to kill the first mate but no more points scored so the game ends 7-5 to me.

Dom knows how to play gremlins well but hates playing against me in the more aggresive strats. He did well denying me points after turn 3 went south for him.

So i'm on 2 wins and a draw so far with +4 vp diff.

Game 4 sees me facing off with Tim Britton on table 3 and he is playing thunders.

Standard deployment. Collect the bounty. Claim jump. Dig their graves. Leave your mark. Hunting party. Inspection.

Lilith(usual). Lilitu. Doppleganger. Mature nephilim retributions eye. Nekima. Mysterious effigy. Primordial magic.

Asami. Ama no zako. Ohaguro bettari. 2x akaname. Lone swordsman. Mr tannen. Asamis totem. Only 3ss

I take claim jump and hunting party. Tim takes inspection and dig their graves.

I win the deployment flip and let Tim setup first. He sets up ama no zako and ohaguro bettari on my right flank and the rest of his crew on the left. I set my entire crew up from the middle to my right flank so i would take on the two henchmen before the rest of his crew can get to me.

Turn 1. Sees some cautious movement from me. Tim moves everything forward. Asami gets near to my lines and summons a yokai which deals a point of damage to her and charges lilitu but does no damage.

Turn 2. I win the flip. Lilith summons trees in front of her and transfixing gazes asami doing some damage and slow and getting a free attack, Asami dies to liliths attacks as i was flipping like a legend, Tim is out of soulstones. An akaname moves and drops a scheme marker. Nekima kills the yokai to score for hunting party, there is some shuffling of models lone swordsman moves towards the middle, mature nephilim moves forward facing the henchwomen . Ama no zako moves forward and obeys bettari forward. Bettari does 6 damage to the mature nephilim after a charge. Doppleganger walks forward twice and borrows the mature nephilims attack triggering to hit ama for 4 damage. I score for the strat and hunting party Tim score ls 1 for inspection. 2-1 neverborn.

Turn 3. Doppleganger kills ama no zako and drops a scheme marker. Bettari wiffs her attacks then dies to the mature nephilim. Lilith roots the lone swordsman who stays where he is. Nekima moves across towards the rest of my opponents crew. Effigy drops a marker. I score for the strat and claim jump. 4-1 neverborn.

Turn 4. Effigy drops a marker and gives its buff to lilith. Lone swordsman does you shall not see another sunrise and charges lilith and wiffs, she pushes away. Nekima kills an akaname scoring for hunting party. Swordsman charges and attacks lilith again but a great hand means he misses and sacrifices himself. I score strat and both schemes. 7-1 neverborn.

Turn 5 nekima kills the second akaname. Lilith kills tannen and effigy and doppleganger drop markers to complete claim jump. Final score. 10-1 to neverborn.

Crazily brutal game where i had great hands throughout as i was drawing 10 cards at the start of each turn due to stoning plus nekima and lilith added cards when they killed stuff. Setting up second was also massive and let me refuse the flank where the majority of my opponents crew were gathered.

The vp difference helped me into second place which considering the strength of the field i think there were 3 or 4 from the UK top ten was a great result.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Shen Long said:

With Tousand Faces you still have to look for the Rare 1 limitation on Retributions Eye. So I guess  you made a mistake in Game 3 ?

Looking at it i probably played it wrong however it is still possible to do in the same turn as retributions eye gets discarded after use so you can essentially take a thousand faces on both and change them on the turn discarding after the activation clearing the way for the second one.

Good to know though, i'll speak to dom about it.