Gremlin Origins

yool1981

I am just reading Into the Bayou and I cannot find any place mentionning where the Gremlins originate from.

As natives of the Malifaux world, they should technically be Neverborn.

However, if I understood correctly, the Neverborn are basically degenerated Faes.

Do the Gremlins originate from the Fae? What are the Gremlins to the Neverborn? Did they have any role in the Tyrant war or were they not around at that time?

1 hour ago, yool1981 said:

I am just reading Into the Bayou and I cannot find any place mentionning where the Gremlins originate from.

As natives of the Malifaux world, they should technically be Neverborn.

However, if I understood correctly, the Neverborn are basically degenerated Faes.

Do the Gremlins originate from the Fae? What are the Gremlins to the Neverborn? Did they have any role in the Tyrant war or were they not around at that time?

"Neverborn" is just a catch-all term that humanity uses to describe "everything that's not a human that's running around out there."

The Neverborn themselves are much more discerning about their various races.

• Like 1

Lol. They celebrated the coronation in advance until they forgot who was the queen :D

Call me a fluff bunny but I also noted there was no Gremlin religion (which is a good idea and fits their careless attitude) but that there was also no myth of origin (it would have been funny to get several, with every familiy pretending to have had the first Gremlin in their famility tree and enough common points between the myths to see the overall picture but not the full history).

But maybe I played too much Vampire the Masquerade in my youth and became a myth addict :P.

58 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

Lol. They celebrated the coronation in advance until they forgot who was the queen :D

Call me a fluff bunny but I also noted there was no Gremlin religion (which is a good idea and fits their careless attitude) but that there was also no myth of origin (it would have been funny to get several, with every familiy pretending to have had the first Gremlin in their famility tree and enough common points between the myths to see the overall picture but not the full history).

But maybe I played too much Vampire the Masquerade in my youth and became a myth addict :P.

The bokors more or less fill the role of spiritual leader within Gremlin society, so I think that Gremlins probably subscribe to a very "swamp spirit" -based religion akin to Haitian Vodou, with the spirits taking the place of the loa.

On the other hand, Gremlins don't tend to be all that spiritual - their concerns are pretty firmly rooted in the material world, and there's usually no immediate benefit to be gained by being religious - so the numbers of 'devout' worshipers is likely a very small minority, save for notable exceptions like the Gautraeux family. It's also possible that the Nuema worship the Black Dragon, though that's vague enough that individual Fatemasters can probably make that call on their own.

• Like 2

Well Titania was not wearing a hat so I imagine the Gremlins were not to impressed with her either.  I mean she even called a shindig with no booze?  What sort of leader can someone be if they don't have a hat or booze?  More so, she is all emo with those tears, a boss should be made of sterner stuff.  You don't lure gremlins with honey, you lure them with booze or beat them over the head to do what you want *Even Zoraida knows this as she threatens somer with the spoon*

• Like 2